Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Terrible Teachers
1 2 3
I currently have two teachers that are making my life 20x worse by driving me nuts and, most importantly, relishing in messing with my grades. And, while I could go on a rant about how much I CURRENTLY HATE THEM, I'd like to focus more on the fact that Im making progress and already over halfway through the year. SOON.

Any stories of your own to share? Teachers aren't paid enough to all be diamonds in the rough, so I'm guessing that there's a lot of stories to be told..
I currently have two teachers that are making my life 20x worse by driving me nuts and, most importantly, relishing in messing with my grades. And, while I could go on a rant about how much I CURRENTLY HATE THEM, I'd like to focus more on the fact that Im making progress and already over halfway through the year. SOON.

Any stories of your own to share? Teachers aren't paid enough to all be diamonds in the rough, so I'm guessing that there's a lot of stories to be told..
6e897396bef4ba340783395c69e8b357ba508d8d.png9bac13609835861cc38a8a4918812840797b72cf.png154d8e0196c967e5ea71cc8901b6792b11d3dd3a.png
Awww... Sorry about that. I haven't had any teachers that I hate but who knows. Maybe next year...
Awww... Sorry about that. I haven't had any teachers that I hate but who knows. Maybe next year...
F50lMAz.png
@NVDragon ...Congratulations! XD

No, really, it's always good when you have a year of great teachers. Though, for the past 3 years, it's been a combination of, well.. usually 3 great teachers, 2 okay, 2 terrible. Hoping next year I can break that streak for the better! ;3
@NVDragon ...Congratulations! XD

No, really, it's always good when you have a year of great teachers. Though, for the past 3 years, it's been a combination of, well.. usually 3 great teachers, 2 okay, 2 terrible. Hoping next year I can break that streak for the better! ;3
6e897396bef4ba340783395c69e8b357ba508d8d.png9bac13609835861cc38a8a4918812840797b72cf.png154d8e0196c967e5ea71cc8901b6792b11d3dd3a.png
Yes, break the streak! I actually love all my teachers I've had but most of them have left. :,)
Yes, break the streak! I actually love all my teachers I've had but most of them have left. :,)
F50lMAz.png
My homeroom teacher for my second year of highschool was an A-hole. (Physics/Chem teacher, and I loved that subject)

The very day we had the parents/teacher reunions, we had class with him. It was group work on computers. It was nearing the end of class. My friend and I were having trouble understanding the last two questions. Not because of the material, mind you, but because we didn't understand what the questions were asking for.

So I go to the teacher, wait for my turn, and say "Monsieur, I don't understand the last question."

Guess what he did. He went back to the beginning of the worksheet and started explaining what I already knew! I interrupted him and told him "I understood that. I just have trouble with the meaning of the last two questions."

He threw me a look and said "Ran, you may think you are a capable student, but you are simply arrogant. That kind of attitude will get you nowhere in life."

Like, what? Dude, I've been acing science class since we've started having science class in middle school! And I've never rubbed it into anyone's face before!

I just looked at him incredulously and said nothing, going back to my place without the explanation I was looking for, and feeling deeply insulted.

A few hours later, parents/teacher reunions. I told my father what happened earlier and he said "It's fine, we'll see what your teacher has to say."

A/N: My dad is kinda buff, loves leather jackets, has a scar on the side of his skull from when he fell down three stories with a scaffolding, and has a very sweet smile.

My dad and I came to his class room and sat down. The teacher is all smiles and politeness, and I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. But he just looked at my score sheet and the comments the other teachers had written, and he said: "Your daughter is a very talented and assiduous student, monsieur. No teacher had anything negative to say about her work or behaviour and she's a model student. She has a bright future ahead in whatever field she chooses. I have nothing to add, and if you have no questions, you're free to go. A pleasure meeting you, monsieur."

We were laughing our *ss off once we were outside.
My homeroom teacher for my second year of highschool was an A-hole. (Physics/Chem teacher, and I loved that subject)

The very day we had the parents/teacher reunions, we had class with him. It was group work on computers. It was nearing the end of class. My friend and I were having trouble understanding the last two questions. Not because of the material, mind you, but because we didn't understand what the questions were asking for.

So I go to the teacher, wait for my turn, and say "Monsieur, I don't understand the last question."

Guess what he did. He went back to the beginning of the worksheet and started explaining what I already knew! I interrupted him and told him "I understood that. I just have trouble with the meaning of the last two questions."

He threw me a look and said "Ran, you may think you are a capable student, but you are simply arrogant. That kind of attitude will get you nowhere in life."

Like, what? Dude, I've been acing science class since we've started having science class in middle school! And I've never rubbed it into anyone's face before!

I just looked at him incredulously and said nothing, going back to my place without the explanation I was looking for, and feeling deeply insulted.

A few hours later, parents/teacher reunions. I told my father what happened earlier and he said "It's fine, we'll see what your teacher has to say."

A/N: My dad is kinda buff, loves leather jackets, has a scar on the side of his skull from when he fell down three stories with a scaffolding, and has a very sweet smile.

My dad and I came to his class room and sat down. The teacher is all smiles and politeness, and I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. But he just looked at my score sheet and the comments the other teachers had written, and he said: "Your daughter is a very talented and assiduous student, monsieur. No teacher had anything negative to say about her work or behaviour and she's a model student. She has a bright future ahead in whatever field she chooses. I have nothing to add, and if you have no questions, you're free to go. A pleasure meeting you, monsieur."

We were laughing our *ss off once we were outside.
My math teacher (I’m in Algebra 1) talks slowly and repeats things like we’re stupid and can’t hear. She’s also bad at explaining things, I’ve learned almost nothing from her. When we take a test and a lot of people get a question wrong, she’s just like “honestly I don’t know how so many people missed this question, it was so easy....”.
>-> of course it seems easy to you you’re the teacher
My math teacher (I’m in Algebra 1) talks slowly and repeats things like we’re stupid and can’t hear. She’s also bad at explaining things, I’ve learned almost nothing from her. When we take a test and a lot of people get a question wrong, she’s just like “honestly I don’t know how so many people missed this question, it was so easy....”.
>-> of course it seems easy to you you’re the teacher
I have 2 essays, math packet, art project, and a coding thing to touch up on. It’s all due tomorrow. I’m overeatting in hopes I can just get sick and make and make an excuse to not go because I’m afraid of the backlash my teachers will give me when I get there. I know it’s past due, and I know i’ve had time to do it, but I’m just too stupid to figure out how to do it, and too afraid to ask for help from the teachers

I already have a small cold so maybe it’ll get worse overnight. who knows
I have 2 essays, math packet, art project, and a coding thing to touch up on. It’s all due tomorrow. I’m overeatting in hopes I can just get sick and make and make an excuse to not go because I’m afraid of the backlash my teachers will give me when I get there. I know it’s past due, and I know i’ve had time to do it, but I’m just too stupid to figure out how to do it, and too afraid to ask for help from the teachers

I already have a small cold so maybe it’ll get worse overnight. who knows
I had a Math 8 teacher who would hold the entire class back from lunch for a few minutes regardless of who was misbehaving. Said teacher retired at the end of the year.
I had a Math 8 teacher who would hold the entire class back from lunch for a few minutes regardless of who was misbehaving. Said teacher retired at the end of the year.
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo5_100.pngiiadg18.png
I've been overwhelmed with classwork and actual work lol. I like to give teachers the benefit of the doubt. There have been some that drove me crazy
I've been overwhelmed with classwork and actual work lol. I like to give teachers the benefit of the doubt. There have been some that drove me crazy
tumblr_pa1v59xRPV1x8q01eo1_250.giftumblr_pa1v59xRPV1x8q01eo2_250.gif
When I was in high school I had a teacher who would make me feel lesser because my equations always came out wrong. I was doing the math right, but my numbers weren't accurate, and it turns out its because I have mild Dyscalculia, the number equivalent of Dyslexia, which I didn't learn until a partner I had to work with on a duo project, in an entirely different unrelated class, was trying to get me to read a number aloud to her correctly, and every time, unless I tried extremely hard, I read it wrong.

She asked me if I knew whether or not I was dealing with this, he never explored it, and by then it was too late because that project was at the very end of the year.

I didn't ever want to go to class for this reason so I often ditched it, given my home was walking distance away... any time I actually did show up, he'd point it out to everyone aloud like it was some spectacle.

Like a moron.

Teachers can be your worst enemy, I graduated a few years back now and that's still ingrained in my mind... that I never really told anyone just how terrible he was making me feel and, that because of that terribleness, I never really got the proper help I needed to overcome what the difficulty in math for me really was.

Just... ugh, school.
When I was in high school I had a teacher who would make me feel lesser because my equations always came out wrong. I was doing the math right, but my numbers weren't accurate, and it turns out its because I have mild Dyscalculia, the number equivalent of Dyslexia, which I didn't learn until a partner I had to work with on a duo project, in an entirely different unrelated class, was trying to get me to read a number aloud to her correctly, and every time, unless I tried extremely hard, I read it wrong.

She asked me if I knew whether or not I was dealing with this, he never explored it, and by then it was too late because that project was at the very end of the year.

I didn't ever want to go to class for this reason so I often ditched it, given my home was walking distance away... any time I actually did show up, he'd point it out to everyone aloud like it was some spectacle.

Like a moron.

Teachers can be your worst enemy, I graduated a few years back now and that's still ingrained in my mind... that I never really told anyone just how terrible he was making me feel and, that because of that terribleness, I never really got the proper help I needed to overcome what the difficulty in math for me really was.

Just... ugh, school.
iedrmq.png
1 2 3