Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Invertebrae - Photos of Tiny Critters
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 71 72
@Xionahri

It's still within a year! It's not summer yet C:

Also it's very hard to find insects/inverts in the winter months
@Xionahri

It's still within a year! It's not summer yet C:

Also it's very hard to find insects/inverts in the winter months
4e48afae7ea64e587fff31cf892fcf9de1d76c3a.png
Critter Adopts
The acorn beckons
Divider-Branch4.png
33341.png Horsiesmall.png
@Miragaia

That too is a way of looking at it. not as I originally intended, but technically correct. The best kind of correct.

Whether or not you find something in the winter months depends on where you live. The more tropical or desert-y regions are propably luckier at the moment.
Oregon is a similar climate as Germany, right? At least, looking at pictures, the foliage kinda reminds me of what we got here. Though some pics look a bit more scandinavia-esque.
@Miragaia

That too is a way of looking at it. not as I originally intended, but technically correct. The best kind of correct.

Whether or not you find something in the winter months depends on where you live. The more tropical or desert-y regions are propably luckier at the moment.
Oregon is a similar climate as Germany, right? At least, looking at pictures, the foliage kinda reminds me of what we got here. Though some pics look a bit more scandinavia-esque.
@Miragaia
What. A. Beast! Look at those spikes!
@Miragaia
What. A. Beast! Look at those spikes!
we3Gmh2.pngCWpoTRF.pngjjb11A7.gif
@Xionahri Ahah, yeah, admittedly I thought that's what you meant at first. And yeah, parts of it are a bit like Germany, mostly like the Black Forest on account of all the pines. It's a split region though, with half separated from the coast with a mountain range. The half I live on is more of a cold desert, like this: [img]https://c8.alamy.com/comp/BNN03T/smith-rock-state-park-with-fresh-snow-winter-terrebonne-central-oregon-BNN03T.jpg[/img] @Voronwis I know! They're about as big as an index finger, and the moths cling to the shadowy sides of rocks when it gets hot
@Xionahri

Ahah, yeah, admittedly I thought that's what you meant at first.

And yeah, parts of it are a bit like Germany, mostly like the Black Forest on account of all the pines. It's a split region though, with half separated from the coast with a mountain range. The half I live on is more of a cold desert, like this:

smith-rock-state-park-with-fresh-snow-winter-terrebonne-central-oregon-BNN03T.jpg

@Voronwis

I know! They're about as big as an index finger, and the moths cling to the shadowy sides of rocks when it gets hot
4e48afae7ea64e587fff31cf892fcf9de1d76c3a.png
Critter Adopts
The acorn beckons
Divider-Branch4.png
33341.png Horsiesmall.png
pinglist? anyway all i have is a random tiny(like 1-2cm or so) spider that ended up in my room back in 2016 so thats kinda an ancient photo, sorry [img]https://pp.userapi.com/c638631/v638631671/30a7/YFjWtjJ8nZY.jpg[/img] who is he......
pinglist?
anyway all i have is a random tiny(like 1-2cm or so) spider that ended up in my room back in 2016 so thats kinda an ancient photo, sorry
YFjWtjJ8nZY.jpg
who is he......
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
@PixelSpiral

Will add you to the pindlist immediately.

Shape-wise, that kinda looks like a wolf spider to me. It even has stripes similar to some. However, most of those are larger. Interesting. Maybe someone else has a better idea of what we're looking at here.
@PixelSpiral

Will add you to the pindlist immediately.

Shape-wise, that kinda looks like a wolf spider to me. It even has stripes similar to some. However, most of those are larger. Interesting. Maybe someone else has a better idea of what we're looking at here.
@Xionahri also just noticed the country thing too. its russia! the european part of it a
also i didnt even notice the stripes lmao but now that you said theyre there i can see em
@Xionahri also just noticed the country thing too. its russia! the european part of it a
also i didnt even notice the stripes lmao but now that you said theyre there i can see em
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
Sooooo I was minding my tail yesterday and playing videogames, when I suddenly feel that something is crawling on my wrist. I look and I FREAK! It's a ladybug! And those guys bite. Hard. So I am doing this little dance trying to shake it off, but it wouldn't budge! Then I stop and think: wait! I finally have a bug to show to @ @Xionahri ! I managed to convince it to go sit on some paper. So here it is, one ladybug, photographed in UK: [url=https://flic.kr/p/2ePqCSw][img]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7877/47138012562_514b4d55c1.jpg[/img][/url]
Sooooo I was minding my tail yesterday and playing videogames, when I suddenly feel that something is crawling on my wrist. I look and I FREAK! It's a ladybug! And those guys bite. Hard. So I am doing this little dance trying to shake it off, but it wouldn't budge! Then I stop and think: wait! I finally have a bug to show to @ @Xionahri ! I managed to convince it to go sit on some paper.
So here it is, one ladybug, photographed in UK:
47138012562_514b4d55c1.jpg
we3Gmh2.pngCWpoTRF.pngjjb11A7.gif
i was playing videos games yesterday too, and i heard this weird buzzing sound i thought was just a game effect, but turns out i had a little stink bug on my screen! i didnt get a picture of him last night but he looked like this! [img]https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2018/10/stink-bug-invasion.jpg[/img] ive got the flu right now and really didnt feel like going all the way down stairs to let him go, but i set him outside my door. hope hes doin good.
i was playing videos games yesterday too, and i heard this weird buzzing sound i thought was just a game effect, but turns out i had a little stink bug on my screen!
i didnt get a picture of him last night but he looked like this!
stink-bug-invasion.jpg

ive got the flu right now and really didnt feel like going all the way down stairs to let him go, but i set him outside my door. hope hes doin good.
Grotesque-2-L.png Sourz/Everette
they/them | dae/daer
+3 hrs fr time
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎
I love inverts <3 It's fun to look for them wherever you go, and they can make really cool pets. I want to get some millipedes eventually, as well as a mantis and maybe some other things like hissing cockroaches. I'd like to get a tarantula or two as well, but my mother is not a fan of spiders, so...we'll see. lol Currently though, I have:

- dubia roaches (Blaptica dubia; feeders)
- Turkistan/red runner roaches (Blatta lateralis; feeders)
- dwarf white isopods (Trichorhina tomentosa)
- powder blue isopods (Porcellionides pruinosus)
- 2 springtail cultures

I used to have a ton of pics of wild ones too (mostly moths, I have a problem lol), but I guess I deleted a lot of them. None of these are super recent (it's been slow to warm up here), but maybe someone will enjoy them anyway. I live in the southeast US for reference.

2018:
Flat millipede (idk species)
Flat millipede 2
Carolina Mantis (not 100% sure)

2016 + 2017:
Luna Moth
Waved Sphinx Moth
WSM 2
Spiny Oakworm Moth
Hackberry Emperor Butterfly
HEB 2
HEB 3
HEB 4

I love inverts <3 It's fun to look for them wherever you go, and they can make really cool pets. I want to get some millipedes eventually, as well as a mantis and maybe some other things like hissing cockroaches. I'd like to get a tarantula or two as well, but my mother is not a fan of spiders, so...we'll see. lol Currently though, I have:

- dubia roaches (Blaptica dubia; feeders)
- Turkistan/red runner roaches (Blatta lateralis; feeders)
- dwarf white isopods (Trichorhina tomentosa)
- powder blue isopods (Porcellionides pruinosus)
- 2 springtail cultures

I used to have a ton of pics of wild ones too (mostly moths, I have a problem lol), but I guess I deleted a lot of them. None of these are super recent (it's been slow to warm up here), but maybe someone will enjoy them anyway. I live in the southeast US for reference.

2018:
Flat millipede (idk species)
Flat millipede 2
Carolina Mantis (not 100% sure)

2016 + 2017:
Luna Moth
Waved Sphinx Moth
WSM 2
Spiny Oakworm Moth
Hackberry Emperor Butterfly
HEB 2
HEB 3
HEB 4

Kodama
She/They | FR +2

G1 collector and (occasional) artist. Feel free to ping or message me for whatever reason!
CwIEXQR.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 71 72