Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | weirdest phobias...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I am terrified of frogs, toads and creatures alike.
I'm perfectly conscious that they could never hurt me, but just catching a glimpse of them makes my skin crawl and I really can't even stand looking at them, not even in pictures.

Being autistic, when I was younger I had a lot of weird fears steamming for the most ridiculous reasons.
For example cups with non-trasparent bottoms would scare me to the point that I would refuse to drink anything from them.
I needed to see through the bottom of my glass when I drank, and it couldn't be a colored glass either, but it had to be completely trasparent and see-through.

Luckily I'm over that now, but putting a cup over my face, thus blocking my view, still makes me somewhat uncomfortable.
I am terrified of frogs, toads and creatures alike.
I'm perfectly conscious that they could never hurt me, but just catching a glimpse of them makes my skin crawl and I really can't even stand looking at them, not even in pictures.

Being autistic, when I was younger I had a lot of weird fears steamming for the most ridiculous reasons.
For example cups with non-trasparent bottoms would scare me to the point that I would refuse to drink anything from them.
I needed to see through the bottom of my glass when I drank, and it couldn't be a colored glass either, but it had to be completely trasparent and see-through.

Luckily I'm over that now, but putting a cup over my face, thus blocking my view, still makes me somewhat uncomfortable.
Your abyss/rust g1s hand them over
I have some food phobias (one of them is a fear of tomato sauce which makes bbqs..difficult) so nobody ever takes it seriously ://
But to be fair it is really strange and what's worse is I have no idea why I have these fears ??
I have some food phobias (one of them is a fear of tomato sauce which makes bbqs..difficult) so nobody ever takes it seriously ://
But to be fair it is really strange and what's worse is I have no idea why I have these fears ??
?s1k5n=party.png
I had a fear of window blinds. I'm over it, but as a kid I was absolutely terrified of them.

When I was around 7, I got a very high fever, high enough to make me hallucinate. The floor moved like the waves of the sea, the lamps dripped lava onto the moving floor. But the worst thing, the window blind in my room, had this giant evil face on it that laughed at me without sound. I crawled downstairs because I just couldn't stand on my feet (because the floor seemed to move) and cried myself to sleep in my mom's arms.
It took me weeks before I would allow my parents to pull the blinds down again, I'd rather sleep in the light of the street lanterns than see that face again. I eventually got over it, but that was one of the scariest moments of my life.
I had a fear of window blinds. I'm over it, but as a kid I was absolutely terrified of them.

When I was around 7, I got a very high fever, high enough to make me hallucinate. The floor moved like the waves of the sea, the lamps dripped lava onto the moving floor. But the worst thing, the window blind in my room, had this giant evil face on it that laughed at me without sound. I crawled downstairs because I just couldn't stand on my feet (because the floor seemed to move) and cried myself to sleep in my mom's arms.
It took me weeks before I would allow my parents to pull the blinds down again, I'd rather sleep in the light of the street lanterns than see that face again. I eventually got over it, but that was one of the scariest moments of my life.
mpVzeK8.gif l19-m29-m29-book.pngl19-m29-l19-book.pngs8-book.pngm2-book.pngl4-book.pngm23-book.pngs18-book.pngT16.png
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
Joining in on the other fellow balloon fearers.

Only it's not just the popping noise, it's also that teeth-aching rubber noise they make when you touch them. Makes my skin crawl. Always have to avoid them if they're taped to a 'sale' sign or something, and it's a nightmare the idea of being stuck in a room with them.

I guess it's a small consolation that it's only irl, cartoon ones have no impact. Except if they sound realistic.
Joining in on the other fellow balloon fearers.

Only it's not just the popping noise, it's also that teeth-aching rubber noise they make when you touch them. Makes my skin crawl. Always have to avoid them if they're taped to a 'sale' sign or something, and it's a nightmare the idea of being stuck in a room with them.

I guess it's a small consolation that it's only irl, cartoon ones have no impact. Except if they sound realistic.
Check out what I have for sale here
-
I have no idea what I'm doing
Uhhh orange street lamps. No idea why. Just...eerie. That and rusty pipes???? Absolutely horrible.

Hmm but the weirdest one I have is fences. Chain link or not. I follow lots of medical blogs and I saw a few horrible injuries from horses getting hurt on them and ughhhhh. It doesn't help that my house is surrounded by fence and ny neighbors have horses. :(

OH and I almost forgot. I went to this place (the biltmore house, you can look up the place I'm talking about online.) There's an pool in the basement. Its underground, and lit up in a way that I can't describe. Its just felt scary and i had no idea why. I was with my family and couldn't wait to get out of that room. Found out my sister felt the same way in that room.

Edit: googled it and EVIDENTLY the pool is supposed to be haunted D:
Uhhh orange street lamps. No idea why. Just...eerie. That and rusty pipes???? Absolutely horrible.

Hmm but the weirdest one I have is fences. Chain link or not. I follow lots of medical blogs and I saw a few horrible injuries from horses getting hurt on them and ughhhhh. It doesn't help that my house is surrounded by fence and ny neighbors have horses. :(

OH and I almost forgot. I went to this place (the biltmore house, you can look up the place I'm talking about online.) There's an pool in the basement. Its underground, and lit up in a way that I can't describe. Its just felt scary and i had no idea why. I was with my family and couldn't wait to get out of that room. Found out my sister felt the same way in that room.

Edit: googled it and EVIDENTLY the pool is supposed to be haunted D:
Frankenstein3.jpg
[quote name="@Beany121" date="2019-02-18 01:13:50" ] Im scared of Trypophobia (the fear of holes). I dont HAVE it, im just scared of getting it cause of what it apparently does (dont google it). to be fair it is HORRIFYING. [/quote] Phobiaphobia: the fear of/getting a phobia
@Beany121 wrote on 2019-02-18 01:13:50:
Im scared of Trypophobia (the fear of holes). I dont HAVE it, im just scared of getting it cause of what it apparently does (dont google it). to be fair it is HORRIFYING.

Phobiaphobia: the fear of/getting a phobia

There was a time he thought a single
sword could save the kingdom. A
time, all regrets were yet far away...
I have a big fear of buzzing insects (bees, wasps, etc). I've never been stung, yet I feel terrified when near a little bumblebee. I know they're good little guys just pollinating flowers, but I'm still spooked by 'em.

I also have kinda specific trypophobia. Not everything with holes bug me, but it looks remotely like holes in skins, it's horrid. Seeing those images google pulls up for trypophobia makes me feel like crying. It's strange. Skin holes (and those weird lotus flower pod things) make me so uncomfortable. Show me all the blood and gore in the world, but no weird holes plz.
I have a big fear of buzzing insects (bees, wasps, etc). I've never been stung, yet I feel terrified when near a little bumblebee. I know they're good little guys just pollinating flowers, but I'm still spooked by 'em.

I also have kinda specific trypophobia. Not everything with holes bug me, but it looks remotely like holes in skins, it's horrid. Seeing those images google pulls up for trypophobia makes me feel like crying. It's strange. Skin holes (and those weird lotus flower pod things) make me so uncomfortable. Show me all the blood and gore in the world, but no weird holes plz.
l9szmFh.jpg
I am scared of all insects and arachnids in general, but I’m really scared of butterflies (I guess moths count?). When I was around 7 me and my dad decided to visit a butterfly room of sorts in this public garden. There were butterflies flying everywhere and I was clinging onto my dad for dear life, screaming as if I was going to die. I still don’t like those creatures..those colorful wings, the eyes, the legs...

I’m also scared of garbage trucks. I’m fine with seeing them from afar, like through a window, but if I were outside with one I’d want to be as far away from them as possible. Weirdly enough, i don’t see them as vehicles, but as animals. They’re so tall and loud, if I were running away from one it would catch up to me so quickly. I know they don’t have a mind of their own, the trucks are supposed to carry trash to the dump, for goodness sake. If I had to describe what they’re like in my mind.. They remind me of Frank from Cars, he’s a combine harvester.
I am scared of all insects and arachnids in general, but I’m really scared of butterflies (I guess moths count?). When I was around 7 me and my dad decided to visit a butterfly room of sorts in this public garden. There were butterflies flying everywhere and I was clinging onto my dad for dear life, screaming as if I was going to die. I still don’t like those creatures..those colorful wings, the eyes, the legs...

I’m also scared of garbage trucks. I’m fine with seeing them from afar, like through a window, but if I were outside with one I’d want to be as far away from them as possible. Weirdly enough, i don’t see them as vehicles, but as animals. They’re so tall and loud, if I were running away from one it would catch up to me so quickly. I know they don’t have a mind of their own, the trucks are supposed to carry trash to the dump, for goodness sake. If I had to describe what they’re like in my mind.. They remind me of Frank from Cars, he’s a combine harvester.
yehet! oho, rat!----

J A E

She/They
INFJ | Gemini
USA: Fr+3
1157000853.png
-- tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
.-listen-

previously StarGatherer
LF swan lake vista
Immortality.

It is the stupidest thing since I know logically I'm not immortal, but just thinking about it too long makes me have a severe anxiety attack. I've already outlived a lot of people I care about (I'm a cancer survivor, lost a lot of friends who didn't make it and lost loved ones other ways as well), and it terrifies me to imagine outliving everyone I care about over and over again forever.
Immortality.

It is the stupidest thing since I know logically I'm not immortal, but just thinking about it too long makes me have a severe anxiety attack. I've already outlived a lot of people I care about (I'm a cancer survivor, lost a lot of friends who didn't make it and lost loved ones other ways as well), and it terrifies me to imagine outliving everyone I care about over and over again forever.
Formerly known as Brenning.
I'm absolutely terrified of deep water. But not for the reasons everyone thinks -- I'm an EXCELLENT swimmer, faster than my whole family of primarily aquatic people, but for water deeper than I can swim down to (which is roughly ~15 feet)... I can't do it
That's big enough for a monster, and I'm not gonna let the demons get me this time. No sirree. It's worse if I can see the bottom too, because then I don't feel as afraid since I can see the bottom.
This was only made worse by the time I got past my fear and looked up out of the water, only to see what was either a dolphin, a shark, or a massive fish's fin dipping right back below the ocean surface.
None of those are good outcomes.
I've... not been quite the same in deep water since-
I'm absolutely terrified of deep water. But not for the reasons everyone thinks -- I'm an EXCELLENT swimmer, faster than my whole family of primarily aquatic people, but for water deeper than I can swim down to (which is roughly ~15 feet)... I can't do it
That's big enough for a monster, and I'm not gonna let the demons get me this time. No sirree. It's worse if I can see the bottom too, because then I don't feel as afraid since I can see the bottom.
This was only made worse by the time I got past my fear and looked up out of the water, only to see what was either a dolphin, a shark, or a massive fish's fin dipping right back below the ocean surface.
None of those are good outcomes.
I've... not been quite the same in deep water since-

~Void~
~They | It~
~FR+2~
~Chaos Incarnate~
xxxx pink_flipp_117x100.png xxxxx pidgeadoptOrisasig1.png
xxxxxx
Art Shop
Cauldron Services
Wishlist
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10