Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | why do you try for good grades?
1 2 3 4 5 6
university really and that's it.
university really and that's it.
XSTEf.gifvWggu.gif
YyB0n.gifMsN0e.gifxpXwR.gifJtKrE.gif
WMS3e.gifWGZTf.gif
q1eJn.gifeIcdE.gif
The only thing keeping me going this year (I'm a high school senior) It that if you have a 90 or above all year throughout each quarter you don't have to take finals for that class. I definitely want to finish class and then be like "NO FINALS I"M DONE". Also I need money for college and it would be great to get a scholarship to somewhere for something. (Eternal debt here I come ;P)
The only thing keeping me going this year (I'm a high school senior) It that if you have a 90 or above all year throughout each quarter you don't have to take finals for that class. I definitely want to finish class and then be like "NO FINALS I"M DONE". Also I need money for college and it would be great to get a scholarship to somewhere for something. (Eternal debt here I come ;P)
And that's all I have to say about that ...
- Forest Gump
so i can get paid in a few years
so i can get paid in a few years
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
so i can keep my scholarship and maintain the required gpa to get my degree
so i can keep my scholarship and maintain the required gpa to get my degree
kaylee
she/her
fr +2
Because I'm a perfectionist who must be good at everything I do or else I feel like I've failed at life. :P Thankfully, my parents don't pressure me about my grades, though their support when I do get a bad grade honestly doesn't make me feel any better. I'm trying to get better about that, it's a really unhealthy mindset. But not getting A's still really hurts.
Because I'm a perfectionist who must be good at everything I do or else I feel like I've failed at life. :P Thankfully, my parents don't pressure me about my grades, though their support when I do get a bad grade honestly doesn't make me feel any better. I'm trying to get better about that, it's a really unhealthy mindset. But not getting A's still really hurts.
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
  • Overachievers gotta overachieve at everything, as my first sergeant says.
  • I get really sad when I see a grade drop to a B. I feel as though I gotta hold a standard, and remain at a 4.0 GPA.
  • I want to get into college/university so that I can be qualified for whatever career I want, and keeping high grades will also allow me to acquire a scholarship for wherever I head off to.
    As I am also considering working toward a nomination into the U.S. Naval Academy, it would be extremely important to be in the top percentage of my class.
  • I'm capable of keeping them high, so why not?
  • Overachievers gotta overachieve at everything, as my first sergeant says.
  • I get really sad when I see a grade drop to a B. I feel as though I gotta hold a standard, and remain at a 4.0 GPA.
  • I want to get into college/university so that I can be qualified for whatever career I want, and keeping high grades will also allow me to acquire a scholarship for wherever I head off to.
    As I am also considering working toward a nomination into the U.S. Naval Academy, it would be extremely important to be in the top percentage of my class.
  • I'm capable of keeping them high, so why not?
my mom is an insane person
my mom is an insane person
FR + 0 - pls click them! ->alyja1.pngIwn8Z1.pngNVbyy1.pngunknown.png
I don't.
I end up with whatever I get and I'm like 'Ok then cool, I don't need to remember half of this crap anyway.'

Also anxiety.

...that's fun.
I don't.
I end up with whatever I get and I'm like 'Ok then cool, I don't need to remember half of this crap anyway.'

Also anxiety.

...that's fun.
Please keep in mind that my logic permit has expired and that the 76th color of the alphabet in the exact time of a parakeet eating a pie in June is equivalent to a giant whale-eating cantaloupe allergic to a chair made out of potato salami held by a sandwich that has beetle hands.
All of my dream jobs involve science, usually biology. Small cats (especially black footed cats) are my passion, and we know so little about them! (Partly because few people know about them in the first place, partly because they’re super elusive, etc.) I’d love to study their behavior. And good grades are a plus if not a requirement to become a biologist.

+ I’m studying a lot so that I’m ready for AP Biology, because that’s basically necessary too. And partly because I find it fun.
All of my dream jobs involve science, usually biology. Small cats (especially black footed cats) are my passion, and we know so little about them! (Partly because few people know about them in the first place, partly because they’re super elusive, etc.) I’d love to study their behavior. And good grades are a plus if not a requirement to become a biologist.

+ I’m studying a lot so that I’m ready for AP Biology, because that’s basically necessary too. And partly because I find it fun.
tj85yjR.png BVq8q9P.png nGvTyg3.png
Because I'm sort of neurotic and often aggressively compare myself to others :(
Because I'm sort of neurotic and often aggressively compare myself to others :(
JBEajtP.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6