Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | why do you try for good grades?
1 2 3 4 5 6
i just want to get into colorado college
i just want to get into colorado college
Oh, but can't you feel it?! The void, it's calling me- Calling all of us! It wants to eat our souls, so that we never ascend to the heavens, it wants to absorb us! It needs sustenance, so that it may expand and envelop this whole useless world! All that muck and grime, the ooze, it will fill every crevice of reality, and it will change the world into a paradise! All you have to do is live to see it!
And why aren't I scared? Because the void is the afterlife, and I am its Grim Reaper!
[quote name="218715" date="2019-01-13 05:13:05" ] I don't really care about the grades, the matter is to just pass. And if I get something more than a D that's just a nice addition (which I'll forget in a few days) [/quote] Are you me
218715 wrote on 2019-01-13 05:13:05:
I don't really care about the grades, the matter is to just pass. And if I get something more than a D that's just a nice addition (which I'll forget in a few days)
Are you me
imageedit_7_8440965932.png
✧✧✧ AXES - THEY - 21 ✧✧✧
•••
MY HATCHERY
imageedit_6_5428970908.png
so that I don't feel like my IQ is -10
so that I don't feel like my IQ is -10
akueye3.png
Because I have loads of goals in life and a lot of what I want to be and two in a way hinges off of that, plus I actually enjoy a lot of my classes.

The problem with my goals is the fact that if I don't meet my expectations I get super stressed but I'm working on it :)
Because I have loads of goals in life and a lot of what I want to be and two in a way hinges off of that, plus I actually enjoy a lot of my classes.

The problem with my goals is the fact that if I don't meet my expectations I get super stressed but I'm working on it :)
Q11qPxO.png Formerly TheFamily
In posession of Savior, our one true leader
Feel free to PM me!
I used to care, but one day in the 7th grade, I just stopped. Before then it was almost all A's and I did all of the work to my best abillity. But after I stopped putting in my best effort I still found myself getting B's with the occasional C without doing hardly anything... Kinda makes all of the work and stress I put in for previous years seem kinda pointless. Now the most motivation I can put in is if a class doesn't have at least at a B-.

I think the main reason I gave up is because I realized that it DOESN'T matter if you get an A or a D, because not one person (outside of scholorahips) gives a hoot what grades you have. You can make a decent living without going to college or trade school, and you can get into college without good grades. So what's the point in stressing yourself to death over a letter that means next to nothing?

The other reason would be that after 6th grade I don't think I've actually learned ANYTHING from school. It's all just rehashed work you do the EXACT same math and english lessons 6th-8th grade. And High School is not much better. You do algebra for 3 years and geometry for 1. Almost all of the lessons there are repeats from the 6th-8th loop. English is really just continuing the 6-8th loop with absolutely no new content. Reading is just different books at a relatively consistent reading level. History is the same repeated loop, just different teachers giving different details. Only the electives seem to have ANY new content, and since most of those were created by teachers, and aren't required to graduate, I wouldn't count them. It feels like the government decided to artificially extend school, because senior year is "teaching" me things I learned in school back when I was 13.
I used to care, but one day in the 7th grade, I just stopped. Before then it was almost all A's and I did all of the work to my best abillity. But after I stopped putting in my best effort I still found myself getting B's with the occasional C without doing hardly anything... Kinda makes all of the work and stress I put in for previous years seem kinda pointless. Now the most motivation I can put in is if a class doesn't have at least at a B-.

I think the main reason I gave up is because I realized that it DOESN'T matter if you get an A or a D, because not one person (outside of scholorahips) gives a hoot what grades you have. You can make a decent living without going to college or trade school, and you can get into college without good grades. So what's the point in stressing yourself to death over a letter that means next to nothing?

The other reason would be that after 6th grade I don't think I've actually learned ANYTHING from school. It's all just rehashed work you do the EXACT same math and english lessons 6th-8th grade. And High School is not much better. You do algebra for 3 years and geometry for 1. Almost all of the lessons there are repeats from the 6th-8th loop. English is really just continuing the 6-8th loop with absolutely no new content. Reading is just different books at a relatively consistent reading level. History is the same repeated loop, just different teachers giving different details. Only the electives seem to have ANY new content, and since most of those were created by teachers, and aren't required to graduate, I wouldn't count them. It feels like the government decided to artificially extend school, because senior year is "teaching" me things I learned in school back when I was 13.
I do it so I’m more prepared for my future, though I’m terrified of it. And I also want to keep my parent’s respect.
I honestly don’t even know if I want to go to college (though my parents push that it is very needed), so keeping good grades would be a good thing to have if I do suddenly want to go to college.
Plus, if my grades dropped below a C, my own self would just give up, so good grades keep my sanity in a way.
I do it so I’m more prepared for my future, though I’m terrified of it. And I also want to keep my parent’s respect.
I honestly don’t even know if I want to go to college (though my parents push that it is very needed), so keeping good grades would be a good thing to have if I do suddenly want to go to college.
Plus, if my grades dropped below a C, my own self would just give up, so good grades keep my sanity in a way.
l9szmFh.jpg
because i feel bad about myself when i get bad ones
i am my worst enemy. when i do bad im the first one to hate me.
of course i would like good grades to get into college but its mostly so i dont flip out on myself
because i feel bad about myself when i get bad ones
i am my worst enemy. when i do bad im the first one to hate me.
of course i would like good grades to get into college but its mostly so i dont flip out on myself
Y9HtHBM.gif hi i'm solar
i like Wildclaws too much
have a nice day everyone !
tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o2_r1_100.png
Because I basically procrastinated all through high school and I want to redeem myself in college.
Because I basically procrastinated all through high school and I want to redeem myself in college.
78315837_U8Ptr2f8Xr8bGaY.png
so I don't have to hear my mom yell at me for dropping below an A :/
so I don't have to hear my mom yell at me for dropping below an A :/
Wxlfiez
they/them | FRT + 3 | Wishlist
11-Headed Primal Emperor Quest
__________________________________ wolfies_shop_sig_button.png
So I can do something with my life, hopefully.
So I can do something with my life, hopefully.
1 2 3 4 5 6