Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Daily Endangered Species
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 172 173
GOOD
GOOD
fLdYOuE.pngNl7xQPH.png
kCHWEjf.png
QUIpVFE.png
Jd88XNq.png
J7D1quC.png
xYQkuHQ.png
very good frog
very good frog
yeahbuddy.png
Boo
he/him
um,, hi lol
smol.png
chrysocolla.gif
smol danger bean <33
smol danger bean <33
@LoversMasque
You have been added! :)
@LoversMasque
You have been added! :)
iuEBSJ3.png
Fnrx3wS.png
gYW0j5f.png
ARAxlYW.png
Ravi-Resized.png
@LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing @Charias @NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888 @LoversMasque Happy New Year everybody! Hope everyone enjoyed the first day! Today’s species: the Australian sea lion! [img]https://www.australiangeographic.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Sea-Lion-fundraiser.jpg[/img] The Australian sea lion ([i]Neophoca cinerea[/i]) is a pinniped endemic to Australia, classified as endangered. Historically, they were hunted for their fur, and their population is continuing to decline due to their complex breeding cycle. Females only breed where they were born, and the cycles occur only once every eighteen years. Like the vaquita, they are also accidentally caught in gillnets. Individuals can recognize each other through visual, auditory, and olfactory means. They can walk on land with their flippers, and are carnivores that feed on anything from squid and rock lobster to penguins and sharks.
@LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing @Charias @NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888 @LoversMasque
Happy New Year everybody! Hope everyone enjoyed the first day!

Today’s species: the Australian sea lion!
Sea-Lion-fundraiser.jpg
The Australian sea lion (Neophoca cinerea) is a pinniped endemic to Australia, classified as endangered. Historically, they were hunted for their fur, and their population is continuing to decline due to their complex breeding cycle. Females only breed where they were born, and the cycles occur only once every eighteen years. Like the vaquita, they are also accidentally caught in gillnets. Individuals can recognize each other through visual, auditory, and olfactory means. They can walk on land with their flippers, and are carnivores that feed on anything from squid and rock lobster to penguins and sharks.
iuEBSJ3.png
Fnrx3wS.png
gYW0j5f.png
ARAxlYW.png
Ravi-Resized.png
you're telling me

that that cute little fuzzball

eats sharks
you're telling me

eats sharks
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
aaa cute
aaa cute
yeahbuddy.png
Boo
he/him
um,, hi lol
smol.png
chrysocolla.gif
[quote name="wyvernaura888" date="2019-01-01 17:41:43" ] you're telling me that that cute little fuzzball eats sharks [/quote]
wyvernaura888 wrote on 2019-01-01 17:41:43:
you're telling me

eats sharks
fLdYOuE.pngNl7xQPH.png
kCHWEjf.png
QUIpVFE.png
Jd88XNq.png
J7D1quC.png
xYQkuHQ.png
@LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing @Charias @NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888 @LoversMasque Today’s species: the African Wild Dog! I visited a zoo yesterday and saw a couple of these guys, they’re quite interesting animals, and very cute! [img] https://cf.ltkcdn.net/dogs/images/std/233907-699x450-fast-facts-about-african-wild-dog.jpg[/img] The African Wild Dog, or painted wolf ([i]Lycaon pictus[/i]) is an endangered canid. They are native to Africa, but while they formally spanned all of sub-Saharan Africa, they are now primarily confined to the southern and eastern areas. They are estimated around 6,600 individuals in scattered populations. They are threatened by habitat fragmentation, accidental capture in snares, and disease. They live in packs, which are dominated by an alpha pair. The alpha female selects the alpha male, and, as she is the only female who breeds, the whole pack takes care of her pups. They have very large litters, averaging ten but reaching up to sixteen. Unusual among canids, they lack a dewclaw. They have one of the highest success rates of all carnivores, around 80-90 percent. To compare, a successful gray wolf pack averages about 20 percent.
@LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing @Charias @NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888 @LoversMasque

Today’s species: the African Wild Dog! I visited a zoo yesterday and saw a couple of these guys, they’re quite interesting animals, and very cute!
233907-699x450-fast-facts-about-african-wild-dog.jpg
The African Wild Dog, or painted wolf (Lycaon pictus) is an endangered canid. They are native to Africa, but while they formally spanned all of sub-Saharan Africa, they are now primarily confined to the southern and eastern areas. They are estimated around 6,600 individuals in scattered populations. They are threatened by habitat fragmentation, accidental capture in snares, and disease. They live in packs, which are dominated by an alpha pair. The alpha female selects the alpha male, and, as she is the only female who breeds, the whole pack takes care of her pups. They have very large litters, averaging ten but reaching up to sixteen. Unusual among canids, they lack a dewclaw. They have one of the highest success rates of all carnivores, around 80-90 percent. To compare, a successful gray wolf pack averages about 20 percent.
iuEBSJ3.png
Fnrx3wS.png
gYW0j5f.png
ARAxlYW.png
Ravi-Resized.png
eeeeeeEEEEEEEEE SWEET PUPPER

(Edit: I realized I forgot to make a “I bless the doggos down in Africa” joke
eeeeeeEEEEEEEEE SWEET PUPPER

(Edit: I realized I forgot to make a “I bless the doggos down in Africa” joke
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 172 173