Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Daily Endangered Species
1 2 ... 112 113 114 115 116 ... 172 173
@LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing @Charias @NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888 @LoversMasque @TheBlueOne @Miramai @Lanelle @yeehawbuckaroo @TheClassCalico @Homuncullus @Yabbi @Thundershower @Harvestable @CowboyMouth @Stellailluma @NerraVostra @Precursor @catjello @CoconutWhale @Kataracts @Yuubi @BirdBrained @sunethesona @RingsofSaturn @Heavenbound @Vader @sedatetoucan @wetdog15 @BlazingPhoenix01 @Ashfoxx @Vegaswaddlez @DoctorAlphys @Vampurr @Jetdrana @NightFuryScream @FrostiiWolf @GoofGoof @March @DivinityTigress @VictoriousLight @Sherlolly @InfectedContent @DousedInPetrol @ValhollValkyrie @Santana @Onceler @MoonyToons @Spottedleaf125 @Saturnia @TalonShrubfire @trubbish @DawnSky101 @Mythkat @SilverHawks @HopeBagels @CTWKTheDorko @ZephyrTwist @seasideLion @Frostflight @Snivy14 @brandonjui @DawnsEmbrace @Vihaffle @xxNoodleNovaxx @Skydragons @SockBirb @doctorvar @Prisoner319 @FrozenGlacier @NStar @Slime @Kisk @Biird @Lunalatic @Finlandia @LilyRaven @Imaturtal @salemstag @NightPearl @Aetherna @Flourinne @Requacy @KristalNoodles @TastyPastry Today’s species: the Atlantic halibut! [img]http://www.biopix.com/photos/jcs-hippoglossus-hippoglossus-67106.jpg[/img] The Atlantic halibut ([i]Hippoglossus hippoglossus[/i]) is an endangered flatfish native to the North Atlantic ocean. The larvae drift in the open ocean, but eventually migrate to the sea bottom at depths between 160 and 6,560 feet (50 and 2000 meters). It is a carnivorous fish that feeds on other fish including cod, herring, and capelin, while it serves as prey for seals and the Greenland shark. Reaching up to 710 pounds (320 kilograms) and 15 feet (4.7 meters), this flatfish is one of the largest bony fish in the world. It can live up to 50 years, but reproduces slowly and was commercially fished until the fishery collapsed. It is said to be common in markets worldwide, but often comes from unsustainable fisheries.
@LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing @Charias @NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888 @LoversMasque @TheBlueOne @Miramai @Lanelle @yeehawbuckaroo @TheClassCalico @Homuncullus @Yabbi @Thundershower @Harvestable @CowboyMouth @Stellailluma @NerraVostra @Precursor @catjello @CoconutWhale @Kataracts @Yuubi @BirdBrained @sunethesona @RingsofSaturn @Heavenbound @Vader @sedatetoucan @wetdog15 @BlazingPhoenix01 @Ashfoxx @Vegaswaddlez @DoctorAlphys @Vampurr @Jetdrana @NightFuryScream @FrostiiWolf @GoofGoof @March @DivinityTigress @VictoriousLight @Sherlolly @InfectedContent @DousedInPetrol @ValhollValkyrie @Santana @Onceler @MoonyToons @Spottedleaf125 @Saturnia @TalonShrubfire @trubbish @DawnSky101 @Mythkat @SilverHawks @HopeBagels @CTWKTheDorko @ZephyrTwist @seasideLion @Frostflight @Snivy14 @brandonjui @DawnsEmbrace @Vihaffle @xxNoodleNovaxx @Skydragons @SockBirb @doctorvar @Prisoner319 @FrozenGlacier @NStar @Slime @Kisk @Biird @Lunalatic @Finlandia @LilyRaven @Imaturtal @salemstag @NightPearl @Aetherna @Flourinne @Requacy @KristalNoodles @TastyPastry

Today’s species: the Atlantic halibut!
jcs-hippoglossus-hippoglossus-67106.jpg
The Atlantic halibut (Hippoglossus hippoglossus) is an endangered flatfish native to the North Atlantic ocean. The larvae drift in the open ocean, but eventually migrate to the sea bottom at depths between 160 and 6,560 feet (50 and 2000 meters). It is a carnivorous fish that feeds on other fish including cod, herring, and capelin, while it serves as prey for seals and the Greenland shark. Reaching up to 710 pounds (320 kilograms) and 15 feet (4.7 meters), this flatfish is one of the largest bony fish in the world. It can live up to 50 years, but reproduces slowly and was commercially fished until the fishery collapsed. It is said to be common in markets worldwide, but often comes from unsustainable fisheries.
iuEBSJ3.png
Fnrx3wS.png
gYW0j5f.png
ARAxlYW.png
Ravi-Resized.png
I never knew halibut got so big...the ocean is so cool!
I never knew halibut got so big...the ocean is so cool!
bookflip.gifWOsXQ.gifghost.gif
The Galapagos tortoise is endangered!
Don't forget him!!!
The Galapagos tortoise is endangered!
Don't forget him!!!
FoxScara.png
Could I be added to the pinglist, really interested topic :)
Could I be added to the pinglist, really interested topic :)
:D :D :D
@FaroSamor You’ve been added! @LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing @Charias @NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888 @LoversMasque @TheBlueOne @Miramai @Lanelle @yeehawbuckaroo @TheClassCalico @Homuncullus @Yabbi @Thundershower @Harvestable @CowboyMouth @Stellailluma @NerraVostra @Precursor @catjello @CoconutWhale @Kataracts @Yuubi @BirdBrained @sunethesona @RingsofSaturn @Heavenbound @Vader @sedatetoucan @wetdog15 @BlazingPhoenix01 @Ashfoxx @Vegaswaddlez @DoctorAlphys @Vampurr @Jetdrana @NightFuryScream @FrostiiWolf @GoofGoof @March @DivinityTigress @VictoriousLight @Sherlolly @InfectedContent @DousedInPetrol @ValhollValkyrie @Santana @Onceler @MoonyToons @Spottedleaf125 @Saturnia @TalonShrubfire @trubbish @DawnSky101 @Mythkat @SilverHawks @HopeBagels @CTWKTheDorko @ZephyrTwist @seasideLion @Frostflight @Snivy14 @brandonjui @DawnsEmbrace @Vihaffle @xxNoodleNovaxx @Skydragons @SockBirb @doctorvar @Prisoner319 @FrozenGlacier @NStar @Slime @Kisk @Biird @Lunalatic @Finlandia @LilyRaven @Imaturtal @salemstag @NightPearl @Aetherna @Flourinne @Requacy @KristalNoodles @TastyPastry Today’s species: Hoffmann’s pika! [img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f6/%D0%9D%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%BB%D1%8E%D0%B4%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%8F_%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B7%D0%B0_%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%89%D1%83%D1%85%D0%B8.jpg/480px-%D0%9D%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%BB%D1%8E%D0%B4%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%8F_%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B7%D0%B0_%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%89%D1%83%D1%85%D0%B8.jpg[/img] Hoffmann’s pika ([i]Ochotona hoffmanni[/i]) is an endangered species of pika endemic to Mongolia. Like other pikas, it is a lagomorph (related to rabbits and hares), and its genus name [i]Ochotona[/i] comes from the Mongolian word for pika: ogdai. It weighs only 70-300 grams (2.5-7.8 ounces) and has a high metabolic rate. This pika is monogamous, and breeds twice a year. Its preferred habitat is rocky cliffs. Pikas such as this species are threatened mainly by climate change, as they can die within hours of exposure to temperatures over 25.5° C (78° F). This species is also threatened by limited geographic range.
@FaroSamor
You’ve been added!

@LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing @Charias @NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888 @LoversMasque @TheBlueOne @Miramai @Lanelle @yeehawbuckaroo @TheClassCalico @Homuncullus @Yabbi @Thundershower @Harvestable @CowboyMouth @Stellailluma @NerraVostra @Precursor @catjello @CoconutWhale @Kataracts @Yuubi @BirdBrained @sunethesona @RingsofSaturn @Heavenbound @Vader @sedatetoucan @wetdog15 @BlazingPhoenix01 @Ashfoxx @Vegaswaddlez @DoctorAlphys @Vampurr @Jetdrana @NightFuryScream @FrostiiWolf @GoofGoof @March @DivinityTigress @VictoriousLight @Sherlolly @InfectedContent @DousedInPetrol @ValhollValkyrie @Santana @Onceler @MoonyToons @Spottedleaf125 @Saturnia @TalonShrubfire @trubbish @DawnSky101 @Mythkat @SilverHawks @HopeBagels @CTWKTheDorko @ZephyrTwist @seasideLion @Frostflight @Snivy14 @brandonjui @DawnsEmbrace @Vihaffle @xxNoodleNovaxx @Skydragons @SockBirb @doctorvar @Prisoner319 @FrozenGlacier @NStar @Slime @Kisk @Biird @Lunalatic @Finlandia @LilyRaven @Imaturtal @salemstag @NightPearl @Aetherna @Flourinne @Requacy @KristalNoodles @TastyPastry

Today’s species: Hoffmann’s pika!
480px-%D0%9D%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%BB%D1%8E%D0%B4%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%8F_%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B7%D0%B0_%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%89%D1%83%D1%85%D0%B8.jpg
Hoffmann’s pika (Ochotona hoffmanni) is an endangered species of pika endemic to Mongolia. Like other pikas, it is a lagomorph (related to rabbits and hares), and its genus name Ochotona comes from the Mongolian word for pika: ogdai. It weighs only 70-300 grams (2.5-7.8 ounces) and has a high metabolic rate. This pika is monogamous, and breeds twice a year. Its preferred habitat is rocky cliffs. Pikas such as this species are threatened mainly by climate change, as they can die within hours of exposure to temperatures over 25.5° C (78° F). This species is also threatened by limited geographic range.
iuEBSJ3.png
Fnrx3wS.png
gYW0j5f.png
ARAxlYW.png
Ravi-Resized.png
Pika Pikachu XD
Pika Pikachu XD
dNr6eDi.pngdaxrKiZ.pngdAOhVfT.pngiVk7sjq.png
Ooo I had no idea the pika was a lagomorph, and I only really knew much about it via pikachu [emoji=nocturne confused size=1]
Ooo I had no idea the pika was a lagomorph, and I only really knew much about it via pikachu
IiQiWPn.pngbfEyFxs.pngkqf9y5Z.pngGZlWKfO.pngCWIUaHz.png43xqIhP.pngmdKE3mR.png0WN7RG0.pngfpCIsza.pngS8TNA1X.pngwZbURwQ.png
What a cutie.
What a cutie.
BEXx3Jf.gif
it's pikachu! what a cutie
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
[quote name="wyvernaura888" date="2019-07-16 18:51:29" ] it's pikachu! what a cutie [/quote]
wyvernaura888 wrote on 2019-07-16 18:51:29:
1 2 ... 112 113 114 115 116 ... 172 173