Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | ~* [HUB] Dreams, Lucidity, Nightmares *~
1 2 ... 325 326 327 328 329 ... 441 442
[center][size=5][b]Siren's Song[/size][/b] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/2593123][img]https://i.imgur.com/gciH2Oc.png[/img][/url][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/2593123][img]https://i.imgur.com/IXZhdwx.png[/img][/url][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/2593123][img]https://i.imgur.com/QxphrKe.png[/img][/url][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/2593123][img]https://i.imgur.com/kFfQCmO.png[/img][/url][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/2593123][img]https://i.imgur.com/MDZ3rVU.png[/img][/url][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/2593123][img]https://i.imgur.com/AkOZ5Yr.png[/img][/url][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/2593123][img]https://i.imgur.com/9C9oHu8.png[/img][/url][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/2593123][img]https://i.imgur.com/7ez8rje.png[/img][/url] [b]| Discuss || Interpret || Draw |[/b][/center] [b]Trigger Warnings:[/b] Torture in another room, mention of drowning [b]Dreaming Techniques:[/b] None In this dream, I was playing a young girl - maybe 12 or so? - named something slightly unusual that started with A. Alyssa, maybe. Or, considering a couple parts of the dream came from the book I was reading, possibly Alexia. I started the dream in a mysterious cave/arena type place - open to the sky in some parts, but covered in others. It was circular, with a pillar in the middle, water in a wide ring around the pillar (this water was open to the sky), and then a walkway with rooms, tunnels, etc. outside of that. One side was open to the outside world, but I think in that way that the spirit world tends to be - it looks open from one side, but only the occasional rando can chance their way in. I had a few dream-insight memories at that point: my name, and the fact that there had been some sort of spirit-like being here before me. Something had happened to them (I don't know what), and now I had taken their place. I had some knowledge of my time before then, but it was OOC knowledge, and thinking about it reminded me that in-character I wasn't supposed to know that. This included my old name - apparently now I was a nameless spirit or something. So I started to explore. I knew some things about the place: the curve of that wall, the door I didn't need to open, the thin part of the walkway, and the auditorium-style seating at one end. Jump-cut to a third-person view of Alyssa/me in the water. I knew I was fine, I was immortal and actually enjoyed being completely underwater - looking potentially dead. Two people showed up on a boat. One I recognized OOC as Alyssa's mother, but again thought "oh, I'm not supposed to know that" and ignored the information. The other was a man, I think maybe an uncle or friend. I bobbed up and down, at one point pushing my head out of the water to show that I was alive, toying with them. The man laid some sort of blanket out on the water. Of course, it started sinking, because it was a blanket, but he took out this staff that looked like some sort of lance you might find in Dark Souls, but also a little like something Meta Knight might carry. Very spiky around the hilt. He tapped the blanket and said "Ethos, pathos, logos", which apparently in that world is a spell to make blankets act like stable platforms to climb onto. Which I did. I'm still not sure if I/Alyssa could swim to shore without that aid. She might have needed that, or she might have been toying with the people in the boat some more. Of course Alyssa's mother recognized me, and after a few moments, I decided that even without the OOC memory of her, Alyssa could figure out that this was once her mother. Nothing was done with this information. We all went to shore. We reached shore, and the two people in the boat started exploring. I knew I was supposed to do something to them besides let them roam, but I didn't care. I knew they couldn't do any harm to my lair or to me. The man asked what the door in the wall was and opened it. Beyond was a dark and dirty laboratory-looking area from which we could hear the echoes of tortured screams. The man quickly shut the door. After that, the dream gets pretty spotty, and like most dreams, it doesn't really have a narrative ending. There were public restroom stalls just sitting in the open at one point. All the toilets were the squat kind, with water flowing in, except one, which was the normal sit kind. I used the sit kind, my reasoning being NOT that I can't use the squat kind (Being firmly American, I can't), but that my guests ALSO can't use the squat kind, so by using the regular toilet, I was forcing them to use the squat ones. Muahahaha so devious, I guess. Next to the restroom stalls, the cliffs had been carved into some open-air, auditorium style stone benches. Apparently I was going to do some sort of performance for all the poor souls that wandered into my domain. When I saw them, there was a time jump, and suddenly I was sitting in one, and they were crowded! Next to me sat a character from a Youtube series I like - a character known for being very dramatic and extra, but not always very smart. I shapeshifted to look like him. Again, my entire job in this dream was to mess with people. He was very confused and asked me something about "Why do you have the same face as me?" (which is rich considering that everyone in the series he's from has the same face and he should be used to that lol). I didn't answer, just grinned at him. The dream kind of faded out after that - I think a couple other things happened, but I don't remember what. [b]Notes:[/b] I?? Would love if someone interpreted this for me?? I don't recognize any part of it except the character that showed up (Roman from Sanders Sides, for the curious) and the "tortured screams from the other room" thing, which was in the book I was reading last night. It wasn't a Bad Dream, I actually quite liked the creativity (heh) and uniqueness of it. I'm just very confused because it's also very unlike my usual "here's a remix of what you read/watched the other day" dreams. Also this is the second time in two days where I've traveled through water significantly deeper than I am tall, in a dream. I meant to share yesterday's dream, but didn't get the chance.
Siren's Song

gciH2Oc.pngIXZhdwx.pngQxphrKe.pngkFfQCmO.pngMDZ3rVU.pngAkOZ5Yr.png9C9oHu8.png7ez8rje.png

| Discuss || Interpret || Draw |
Trigger Warnings: Torture in another room, mention of drowning
Dreaming Techniques: None

In this dream, I was playing a young girl - maybe 12 or so? - named something slightly unusual that started with A. Alyssa, maybe. Or, considering a couple parts of the dream came from the book I was reading, possibly Alexia.
I started the dream in a mysterious cave/arena type place - open to the sky in some parts, but covered in others. It was circular, with a pillar in the middle, water in a wide ring around the pillar (this water was open to the sky), and then a walkway with rooms, tunnels, etc. outside of that. One side was open to the outside world, but I think in that way that the spirit world tends to be - it looks open from one side, but only the occasional rando can chance their way in.
I had a few dream-insight memories at that point: my name, and the fact that there had been some sort of spirit-like being here before me. Something had happened to them (I don't know what), and now I had taken their place. I had some knowledge of my time before then, but it was OOC knowledge, and thinking about it reminded me that in-character I wasn't supposed to know that. This included my old name - apparently now I was a nameless spirit or something.
So I started to explore. I knew some things about the place: the curve of that wall, the door I didn't need to open, the thin part of the walkway, and the auditorium-style seating at one end.
Jump-cut to a third-person view of Alyssa/me in the water. I knew I was fine, I was immortal and actually enjoyed being completely underwater - looking potentially dead. Two people showed up on a boat. One I recognized OOC as Alyssa's mother, but again thought "oh, I'm not supposed to know that" and ignored the information. The other was a man, I think maybe an uncle or friend. I bobbed up and down, at one point pushing my head out of the water to show that I was alive, toying with them.
The man laid some sort of blanket out on the water. Of course, it started sinking, because it was a blanket, but he took out this staff that looked like some sort of lance you might find in Dark Souls, but also a little like something Meta Knight might carry. Very spiky around the hilt. He tapped the blanket and said "Ethos, pathos, logos", which apparently in that world is a spell to make blankets act like stable platforms to climb onto. Which I did. I'm still not sure if I/Alyssa could swim to shore without that aid. She might have needed that, or she might have been toying with the people in the boat some more.
Of course Alyssa's mother recognized me, and after a few moments, I decided that even without the OOC memory of her, Alyssa could figure out that this was once her mother. Nothing was done with this information. We all went to shore.
We reached shore, and the two people in the boat started exploring. I knew I was supposed to do something to them besides let them roam, but I didn't care. I knew they couldn't do any harm to my lair or to me. The man asked what the door in the wall was and opened it. Beyond was a dark and dirty laboratory-looking area from which we could hear the echoes of tortured screams. The man quickly shut the door.
After that, the dream gets pretty spotty, and like most dreams, it doesn't really have a narrative ending. There were public restroom stalls just sitting in the open at one point. All the toilets were the squat kind, with water flowing in, except one, which was the normal sit kind. I used the sit kind, my reasoning being NOT that I can't use the squat kind (Being firmly American, I can't), but that my guests ALSO can't use the squat kind, so by using the regular toilet, I was forcing them to use the squat ones. Muahahaha so devious, I guess.
Next to the restroom stalls, the cliffs had been carved into some open-air, auditorium style stone benches. Apparently I was going to do some sort of performance for all the poor souls that wandered into my domain. When I saw them, there was a time jump, and suddenly I was sitting in one, and they were crowded! Next to me sat a character from a Youtube series I like - a character known for being very dramatic and extra, but not always very smart. I shapeshifted to look like him. Again, my entire job in this dream was to mess with people. He was very confused and asked me something about "Why do you have the same face as me?" (which is rich considering that everyone in the series he's from has the same face and he should be used to that lol). I didn't answer, just grinned at him. The dream kind of faded out after that - I think a couple other things happened, but I don't remember what.

Notes: I?? Would love if someone interpreted this for me?? I don't recognize any part of it except the character that showed up (Roman from Sanders Sides, for the curious) and the "tortured screams from the other room" thing, which was in the book I was reading last night. It wasn't a Bad Dream, I actually quite liked the creativity (heh) and uniqueness of it. I'm just very confused because it's also very unlike my usual "here's a remix of what you read/watched the other day" dreams. Also this is the second time in two days where I've traveled through water significantly deeper than I am tall, in a dream. I meant to share yesterday's dream, but didn't get the chance.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
This looks neat

@Alfamangle

Self ping for later
This looks neat

@Alfamangle

Self ping for later
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png
Submarines
Very limited recall and all round patchy dream.

One point I remember getting a travel lodge like room in a multi-storey, me and mum had a single bed and we ended up sharing the cramped twin single room with 2 other people who got grumpy we had the beds. It was hard getting them a mattress so they weren’t sleeping right on the floor.

Next I was in some city/large town and a submarine was passing through, it looked like a diesel electric sub and I was sitting on the top. It was snowing and snow was settled on the ground, there was a bitter chill to the wind. I do remember the submarine was passing through a river/canal thing and started to roll to the right and there was panic.

After that I was watching as if it were a film this inventor with a plump face and structure and a wiery White and grey beard for testing a personal submarine. It looked like a scaled down Alfa class submarine though in the dream I didn’t know where I got that info. He was testing it in a weird underwater room and seemed to be using the camera I was watching from to record the tests. He was rushing to get the project sea worthy before the riots broke out.

Civil unrest was a prominent theme running through the dream and I was mainly trying to escape it. Riots were threatening to flare up. The dream has an all round tense feel like we were waiting for something to happen.

Reoccuring themes: None
Submarines
Very limited recall and all round patchy dream.

One point I remember getting a travel lodge like room in a multi-storey, me and mum had a single bed and we ended up sharing the cramped twin single room with 2 other people who got grumpy we had the beds. It was hard getting them a mattress so they weren’t sleeping right on the floor.

Next I was in some city/large town and a submarine was passing through, it looked like a diesel electric sub and I was sitting on the top. It was snowing and snow was settled on the ground, there was a bitter chill to the wind. I do remember the submarine was passing through a river/canal thing and started to roll to the right and there was panic.

After that I was watching as if it were a film this inventor with a plump face and structure and a wiery White and grey beard for testing a personal submarine. It looked like a scaled down Alfa class submarine though in the dream I didn’t know where I got that info. He was testing it in a weird underwater room and seemed to be using the camera I was watching from to record the tests. He was rushing to get the project sea worthy before the riots broke out.

Civil unrest was a prominent theme running through the dream and I was mainly trying to escape it. Riots were threatening to flare up. The dream has an all round tense feel like we were waiting for something to happen.

Reoccuring themes: None
tumblr_pquf5x7lT91soemy4_250.png 27 / ISTJ / NB / FR+8

I draw things!
Toyhouse
Tumblr
Twitter
Services Offering:
Coli grinding & fodder leveling
Had a good dream, It was sort of like the stereotypical "asylum" room, padded and white, I probably would've been upset about it but I had a computer and a phone and a couch, there was this guy who would come in and watch/take care of me(?) and I was fine with that, not my best but not my worst dream, very chill
Had a good dream, It was sort of like the stereotypical "asylum" room, padded and white, I probably would've been upset about it but I had a computer and a phone and a couch, there was this guy who would come in and watch/take care of me(?) and I was fine with that, not my best but not my worst dream, very chill
Hello, dreamers!
How long I've been at this: To be honest, I've never done anything like this, but I do have some crazy dreams that occur every now and then
My goal(s): I honestly dont have any at the moment, I just want to be able to write down my dreams and at the very least, remember them.
Things that show up a lot in my dreams: School, death, scary scenarios I do not like one bit, weird creatures (Some become characters, some i draw once and forget) Usually the ones I remember make me s c a r e d.
A little bit about me: Im younger than you'd expect, (Though i will not state my certain age >:) and i am a lazy piece of matter that is n e v e r outside. I love my cat, Miss Kitty, and if she died I would have no idea how I would live anymore, she gives me the purest form of happiness. I love to d r a w, and read and write and all that. I like indie music more than any other. I hate school and just want to get it over with because i dont want to wake up at 500AM anymore. Im mostly chill and dont mind a lot of crap. ((Just dont talk about my fam and you wont get your heart removed virtually)) Your good to me im good to you is usually how i am. Other than that, there isn't much more.

Hello, dreamers!
How long I've been at this: To be honest, I've never done anything like this, but I do have some crazy dreams that occur every now and then
My goal(s): I honestly dont have any at the moment, I just want to be able to write down my dreams and at the very least, remember them.
Things that show up a lot in my dreams: School, death, scary scenarios I do not like one bit, weird creatures (Some become characters, some i draw once and forget) Usually the ones I remember make me s c a r e d.
A little bit about me: Im younger than you'd expect, (Though i will not state my certain age >:) and i am a lazy piece of matter that is n e v e r outside. I love my cat, Miss Kitty, and if she died I would have no idea how I would live anymore, she gives me the purest form of happiness. I love to d r a w, and read and write and all that. I like indie music more than any other. I hate school and just want to get it over with because i dont want to wake up at 500AM anymore. Im mostly chill and dont mind a lot of crap. ((Just dont talk about my fam and you wont get your heart removed virtually)) Your good to me im good to you is usually how i am. Other than that, there isn't much more.

wugdsc4.png ---- - jtTH2PS.gif
-Lore
------ wFqHTqy.png ---
-Chicken
-FR+2
-she/Her
-Loves anything felidae
-Loves to draw!
-Needs FR currency ;0;
--- NSexOmD.gif
--- -.- Boop me
--- wugdsc4.png
Trigger warning?: Shootings/Terrorists/bad people in general
Discuss: Sure
Interpret: Sure

I had a dream last night about being in a... I don't know, a lowes or something like that? The beginning is iffy, but I just remember clearly there were lots of people with guns. I remember there was something with my school in there too. I think there were teachers there and students? I can't remember exactly. I just remember running hiding under this palette thing and this guy was chasing me. I think there was another kid with me and all I was thinking was Oh **** this kid is gonna get me killed. And I remember clearly the dude looking under and grabbing the kid. I don't remember what happened to him, I think he just kinda fazed out of my dream because of the brain. I remember the same guy looking under the pallette and saw me so I ran, it was horrifying because I knew he was right behind me.

At this point, I think I woke up breathing heavily, and I still had the dream in my brain, so I decided to close my eyes and kind of control it from there. I remember it was like 200AM in the morning. I remember running and somehow getting on the separate side of one of the isles from the dude, so there were boxes that would separate us every now and then. I remember the guy finally caught me, which at that point I think I was dreaming again, but also not? It was weird. But I remember him forcefully taking me back to where we were before and he positioned me in front of one of the guys with guns. I remember getting distracted with a bunch of more people coming in, and then I started feeling little pinches. I looked back to see the guy with the gone "shooting me" but it was with these little plastic beads. I realzied then that they were someone disguised. I took the moment to book it. I think i got that guy killed, but I can't remember. I just remember running into a small crowd of civilians then making a sharp turn and the same dude from before was trying to get me again. I had a head start on him, so I was trying to find a hiding spot that I could wait in until the whole thing blew over. OH also, I had a wound on my shoulder from that guy, I can't remember when I got it, I think it was when I was struggling in his arms, he had a knife or something. Anyways, back to me finding a hiding spot. I found this spot where there were boxes around the center of the aisle and I was able to squeeze between a gap and in the center was a square with two metal sheets and cords in it. I sat down in there and put the cords over me before putting the sheet over the cords. I was trying to not die. I remember hearing the dude come into the section I was in and remove the sheet from my spot, but then I had to actually wake up to go to school. At 500AM. I was sad.

It was like those dreams that are horrifying, but you want to know what happens.

Recurring themes: School, Death
Trigger warning?: Shootings/Terrorists/bad people in general
Discuss: Sure
Interpret: Sure

I had a dream last night about being in a... I don't know, a lowes or something like that? The beginning is iffy, but I just remember clearly there were lots of people with guns. I remember there was something with my school in there too. I think there were teachers there and students? I can't remember exactly. I just remember running hiding under this palette thing and this guy was chasing me. I think there was another kid with me and all I was thinking was Oh **** this kid is gonna get me killed. And I remember clearly the dude looking under and grabbing the kid. I don't remember what happened to him, I think he just kinda fazed out of my dream because of the brain. I remember the same guy looking under the pallette and saw me so I ran, it was horrifying because I knew he was right behind me.

At this point, I think I woke up breathing heavily, and I still had the dream in my brain, so I decided to close my eyes and kind of control it from there. I remember it was like 200AM in the morning. I remember running and somehow getting on the separate side of one of the isles from the dude, so there were boxes that would separate us every now and then. I remember the guy finally caught me, which at that point I think I was dreaming again, but also not? It was weird. But I remember him forcefully taking me back to where we were before and he positioned me in front of one of the guys with guns. I remember getting distracted with a bunch of more people coming in, and then I started feeling little pinches. I looked back to see the guy with the gone "shooting me" but it was with these little plastic beads. I realzied then that they were someone disguised. I took the moment to book it. I think i got that guy killed, but I can't remember. I just remember running into a small crowd of civilians then making a sharp turn and the same dude from before was trying to get me again. I had a head start on him, so I was trying to find a hiding spot that I could wait in until the whole thing blew over. OH also, I had a wound on my shoulder from that guy, I can't remember when I got it, I think it was when I was struggling in his arms, he had a knife or something. Anyways, back to me finding a hiding spot. I found this spot where there were boxes around the center of the aisle and I was able to squeeze between a gap and in the center was a square with two metal sheets and cords in it. I sat down in there and put the cords over me before putting the sheet over the cords. I was trying to not die. I remember hearing the dude come into the section I was in and remove the sheet from my spot, but then I had to actually wake up to go to school. At 500AM. I was sad.

It was like those dreams that are horrifying, but you want to know what happens.

Recurring themes: School, Death
wugdsc4.png ---- - jtTH2PS.gif
-Lore
------ wFqHTqy.png ---
-Chicken
-FR+2
-she/Her
-Loves anything felidae
-Loves to draw!
-Needs FR currency ;0;
--- NSexOmD.gif
--- -.- Boop me
--- wugdsc4.png
Ok, guys I know I haven't been faithful but I've had at least three (????) dreams IN A ROW about my crush

and holy heck do i have it bad
Ok, guys I know I haven't been faithful but I've had at least three (????) dreams IN A ROW about my crush

and holy heck do i have it bad
fkWjutW.png
WKtl2lb.png
7fINQj7.gif
ihPM6dNs.png
Hello, dreamers!
How long I've been at this:never. just started.
My goal(s):to learn more about the human psyche.
Things that show up a lot in my dreams:super realistic (physics wise) landscapes which I can come back to, like islands in a video game.
A little bit about me:I'm a cooped up New Yorker who wants a better life. I'm never outside, and I'm probably dying, but dragons are keeping me alive.
Hello, dreamers!
How long I've been at this:never. just started.
My goal(s):to learn more about the human psyche.
Things that show up a lot in my dreams:super realistic (physics wise) landscapes which I can come back to, like islands in a video game.
A little bit about me:I'm a cooped up New Yorker who wants a better life. I'm never outside, and I'm probably dying, but dragons are keeping me alive.
CXky6Lf.gif
She/Her | FR +3
I have been summoned back to this site, and then slightly later back to this thread, thank you Sting and thank heavens I'm subscribed.

No guarantees on the revival (guess who's an essential worker) but I'm glad as anything to see posts since I left, and that the interest is alive :)

Anyways Sting, welcome to the thread! Glad to have another islands-dreamer! In terms of physics, do you mean the physics overall (no one flying around) or more like the landscape is "sensible"?
I have been summoned back to this site, and then slightly later back to this thread, thank you Sting and thank heavens I'm subscribed.

No guarantees on the revival (guess who's an essential worker) but I'm glad as anything to see posts since I left, and that the interest is alive :)

Anyways Sting, welcome to the thread! Glad to have another islands-dreamer! In terms of physics, do you mean the physics overall (no one flying around) or more like the landscape is "sensible"?
cL9yafY.gif
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/RII9FGt.png[/img] [i][size=6]Good morning, dreamers![/size][/i][/center] ...and it's been awhile! RL hit like a truck and hasn't really [i]stopped[/i] doing that (same for many of us, I'd imagine), but I missed you all and this thread terribly and wanted to at least give it the ol' college try. Just in case you're wondering what the heck this ping is, I'm the person who runs the dreaming hub: [quote] Are you interested in dreaming? Want to dream lucidly, discuss techniques, improve your recall, or take steps towards reducing nightmares? Just want to share and read or grab a custom badge? This is the new, improved hub for all things dreaming! [/quote] Not much has changed from before, except that my old laptop (and thus the workflow I used for generating custom/rainbow sprites) is dead. It'll take me some time to reverse-engineer that, Otherwise it's all still here, including the raffle and challenges. [right][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/2593123/1][img]https://i.imgur.com/v0pG4F0.png[/img][/url][/right] If your recall's decayed a bit (I know mine has), no worries at all! It's like riding a bike. In the meanwhile, I sure wouldn't mind hearing how y'all're doing. If you do have a dream to record, [center][url=https://oriwritesaplugin.github.io/FR-Miscellany/dreamsig.html][size=6][Dream Form][/url][/size][/center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/2593123/1][img]https://i.imgur.com/iyclcTv.png[/img][/url] And finally, the pinglist! I understand if you don't want to pick back up where we left off, and if so, best of luck out there, and spare yourself the pings: [center][url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xeE16b0dit2Qg5mIeJMjEhTTOKzCKyjTalCq-NvdWXU/edit][size=6][Pinglist][/url][/size][/center] I hope you're well, and happy dreaming! [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/2593123/1][img]https://i.imgur.com/AkOZ5Yr.png[/img][/url]
RII9FGt.png

Good morning, dreamers!

...and it's been awhile! RL hit like a truck and hasn't really stopped doing that (same for many of us, I'd imagine), but I missed you all and this thread terribly and wanted to at least give it the ol' college try. Just in case you're wondering what the heck this ping is, I'm the person who runs the dreaming hub:

Quote:
Are you interested in dreaming? Want to dream lucidly, discuss techniques, improve your recall, or take steps towards reducing nightmares? Just want to share and read or grab a custom badge? This is the new, improved hub for all things dreaming!

Not much has changed from before, except that my old laptop (and thus the workflow I used for generating custom/rainbow sprites) is dead. It'll take me some time to reverse-engineer that, Otherwise it's all still here, including the raffle and challenges.
v0pG4F0.png
If your recall's decayed a bit (I know mine has), no worries at all! It's like riding a bike. In the meanwhile, I sure wouldn't mind hearing how y'all're doing. If you do have a dream to record,
iyclcTv.png
And finally, the pinglist! I understand if you don't want to pick back up where we left off, and if so, best of luck out there, and spare yourself the pings:
[Pinglist]

I hope you're well, and happy dreaming! AkOZ5Yr.png
cL9yafY.gif
1 2 ... 325 326 327 328 329 ... 441 442