Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | so furries, yeah?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
I don't consider myself a furry, but, I do draw anthro and non anthro animals for myself and others. (I just don't like the label because people used to use it to make fun of me and degrade me.) I'd say maybe 70% of all my OCs are animals of some sort. I really love drawing creatures because there is so much more design opportunities than there is with just humans (unless said humans are also part creature or animal.)
I don't consider myself a furry, but, I do draw anthro and non anthro animals for myself and others. (I just don't like the label because people used to use it to make fun of me and degrade me.) I'd say maybe 70% of all my OCs are animals of some sort. I really love drawing creatures because there is so much more design opportunities than there is with just humans (unless said humans are also part creature or animal.)
lTM0JVi.png  

snippy hopes you are
 having a great day today.
I'm kind of a furry, I'm not really part of the community but I plan on making my first fursuit whenever I stop heckin procrastinating. Mostly I'm just a noob
I'm kind of a furry, I'm not really part of the community but I plan on making my first fursuit whenever I stop heckin procrastinating. Mostly I'm just a noob
@Licorictus: A gharial fursuit? I bet that’s unique.
@Licorictus: A gharial fursuit? I bet that’s unique.
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
I draw plenty of anthro art, but I do not label myself as a furry due to the (misinformed) negative connotation the word carries. If people didn't automatically assume the worst when they heard someone was a furry, I would be more likely to use it to describe myself. I even have a fursona lol. And several other characters that, instead of representing me as a whole, represent parts of me. Ash (furthest left) is my main fursona. I've had her since I was into Warrior cats, so about 8 years. She used to just be feral but now I draw her almost strictly as an anthro. The rest are Nova (introversion/sass), Bandit (talent/leadership), Aspen (introversion/shyness), Alica (childishness/hyperness), Copper (awkwardness/sweetness), and Nebula (quietness/freedom). All art is mine from my DA: [url]https://www.deviantart.com/ewspirit[/url] [img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/38a02a38-cfa7-4282-af2c-9aa9a12ee615/dc4vz4y-e661a05a-867c-4153-bdfc-339ff2887390.png/v1/fill/w_1268,h_630,strp/ash__nova__bandit__aspen_and_alica_stickers_by_ewspirit_dc4vz4y-pre.png[/img] [img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/38a02a38-cfa7-4282-af2c-9aa9a12ee615/dcpdqlm-4dcc71ce-bf13-421f-9c69-778654e4e4fd.png[/img] Oof that got long lol, sorry about that!
I draw plenty of anthro art, but I do not label myself as a furry due to the (misinformed) negative connotation the word carries. If people didn't automatically assume the worst when they heard someone was a furry, I would be more likely to use it to describe myself. I even have a fursona lol. And several other characters that, instead of representing me as a whole, represent parts of me.

Ash (furthest left) is my main fursona. I've had her since I was into Warrior cats, so about 8 years. She used to just be feral but now I draw her almost strictly as an anthro. The rest are Nova (introversion/sass), Bandit (talent/leadership), Aspen (introversion/shyness), Alica (childishness/hyperness), Copper (awkwardness/sweetness), and Nebula (quietness/freedom). All art is mine from my DA: https://www.deviantart.com/ewspirit

ash__nova__bandit__aspen_and_alica_stickers_by_ewspirit_dc4vz4y-pre.png
dcpdqlm-4dcc71ce-bf13-421f-9c69-778654e4e4fd.png

Oof that got long lol, sorry about that!
Art Shop
Hatchery

celebi.giftumblr_inline_n2t76ssIwF1r9ywrd.gifshadow.gif
I made some approximations of some of my characters in the character creator of a certain furry game. [img]https://i.imgur.com/Ve04VA5.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/gUmdj0v.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Q9mBumV.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/PcICnQq.png[/img] I have another weird character, Devon the anthro [i]Tiktaalik[/i] (look it up, it's a cool and important creature), but that particular game is very poor for making anything that's not a mammal, scalie, or bird.
I made some approximations of some of my characters in the character creator of a certain furry game.
Ve04VA5.png
gUmdj0v.png
Q9mBumV.png
PcICnQq.png
I have another weird character, Devon the anthro Tiktaalik (look it up, it's a cool and important creature), but that particular game is very poor for making anything that's not a mammal, scalie, or bird.
I'm a furry! :D I love furry stuff, the suits are absolutely amazing and the art ranges from cute to cool as heck
I'm a furry! :D I love furry stuff, the suits are absolutely amazing and the art ranges from cute to cool as heck
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
I'm like ... furry adjacent? Does that count? Lol. Idk like, I really like drawing them on occasion cause people just get boring after a while, furry designs have a lot of liberty when it comes to design. I'm kind of in the process of designing a fursona (which is taking entirely too long cause I'm too fixated on 'getting it right') but personally there's a bit of a disconnect? Idk I feel a lot of furry fandom people strongly associate themselves with their fursonas from what I observe whereas for me it's like a splinter of myself but not ... really.

For the most part my engagement with furry fandom has primarily been art for other people so far. I've always highly respected furries regardless of whatever controversial crap people try to stir up. Furries are some of the most respectful and well paying customers as an Artist, something I have mad respect for as a digital-artist where the medium is kind of cheapened by it's virtual context. Also mad, MAD respect for fursuit artists. Some of the things I've seen are amazing.

It's got me curious though. How do other people relate to their fursonas? Is it direct or is it like representation of part of yourselves? Do you have multiple? How did you come to decide on what animal/creature your fursona would be?
I'm like ... furry adjacent? Does that count? Lol. Idk like, I really like drawing them on occasion cause people just get boring after a while, furry designs have a lot of liberty when it comes to design. I'm kind of in the process of designing a fursona (which is taking entirely too long cause I'm too fixated on 'getting it right') but personally there's a bit of a disconnect? Idk I feel a lot of furry fandom people strongly associate themselves with their fursonas from what I observe whereas for me it's like a splinter of myself but not ... really.

For the most part my engagement with furry fandom has primarily been art for other people so far. I've always highly respected furries regardless of whatever controversial crap people try to stir up. Furries are some of the most respectful and well paying customers as an Artist, something I have mad respect for as a digital-artist where the medium is kind of cheapened by it's virtual context. Also mad, MAD respect for fursuit artists. Some of the things I've seen are amazing.

It's got me curious though. How do other people relate to their fursonas? Is it direct or is it like representation of part of yourselves? Do you have multiple? How did you come to decide on what animal/creature your fursona would be?
CioCFC3.png
tRvB8Xn.png
bYt72YT.png
___Art + Social Media

___Avalon Isle Hatchery
_________________________xmwjuQa.png
@PrehistoryMaker

Heck yeah! His fursuit face doesn't look too much like a gharial's, to be honest, but he's got a crazy underbite! I don't have any pics on hand atm, or I'd show you :0

@Kerynean

Fursonas are weird, and people's connections to them depend on the person. There's no real wrong way to do it.

I made my first attempt at a fursona in my freshman year of high school, and that was... unfortunate. I was trying way too hard, and the end result wasn't even anything like me. I tried again a year after, and then a year after that, and ended up with three fursonas, none of which were real good representations of me. Like, I liked them as characters, but if I was being honest I didn't see myself in them any more than I would with my other characters.

At the end of last year I tried again, and this time I think I've got it. I made a palette of my favorite colors and a list of my favorite animals, and... couldn't pick one. I tried to pick one for the longest time, but eventually just threw out that idea and let myself do what I wanted.

The character's gotta represent me, and I'm indecisive and like a lot of animals, so it works. I just let myself draw my fursona as whatever animal I feel like drawing, essentially.
@PrehistoryMaker

Heck yeah! His fursuit face doesn't look too much like a gharial's, to be honest, but he's got a crazy underbite! I don't have any pics on hand atm, or I'd show you :0

@Kerynean

Fursonas are weird, and people's connections to them depend on the person. There's no real wrong way to do it.

I made my first attempt at a fursona in my freshman year of high school, and that was... unfortunate. I was trying way too hard, and the end result wasn't even anything like me. I tried again a year after, and then a year after that, and ended up with three fursonas, none of which were real good representations of me. Like, I liked them as characters, but if I was being honest I didn't see myself in them any more than I would with my other characters.

At the end of last year I tried again, and this time I think I've got it. I made a palette of my favorite colors and a list of my favorite animals, and... couldn't pick one. I tried to pick one for the longest time, but eventually just threw out that idea and let myself do what I wanted.

The character's gotta represent me, and I'm indecisive and like a lot of animals, so it works. I just let myself draw my fursona as whatever animal I feel like drawing, essentially.
e1po1oY.png xZ13MZk.png kd85lth.png
[quote]I'm indecisive and like a lot of animals...[/quote] THIS
Quote:
I'm indecisive and like a lot of animals...
THIS
@Licorictus I think I was a bit the same way when I attempted it before. More recently I tried mashing two of the things I find myself associating with and found out it's an actual mythological creature (Peryton) which ALSO has like, a space/science association so it was too perfect (Science Fiction is my fav genre + general nerdery)

I've got the design down for the most part it's just the COLOURS driving me bonkers. Honestly I think that I'm thinking way too hard about it so it's kind of ... impossible to decide. I might put it aside and practice making adoptables (as in like, the premade fursona kind) to get my skills better.

Also I'm totally that way with animals too. Honestly I just want to make a bunch of them so I can just ... draw them when I feel like it. It's just the designing part that's intimidating, I'll be honest haha.
@Licorictus I think I was a bit the same way when I attempted it before. More recently I tried mashing two of the things I find myself associating with and found out it's an actual mythological creature (Peryton) which ALSO has like, a space/science association so it was too perfect (Science Fiction is my fav genre + general nerdery)

I've got the design down for the most part it's just the COLOURS driving me bonkers. Honestly I think that I'm thinking way too hard about it so it's kind of ... impossible to decide. I might put it aside and practice making adoptables (as in like, the premade fursona kind) to get my skills better.

Also I'm totally that way with animals too. Honestly I just want to make a bunch of them so I can just ... draw them when I feel like it. It's just the designing part that's intimidating, I'll be honest haha.
CioCFC3.png
tRvB8Xn.png
bYt72YT.png
___Art + Social Media

___Avalon Isle Hatchery
_________________________xmwjuQa.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22