Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anime suggestions?
1 2 3
[img]http://i.imgur.com/cPyRFWy.png[/img] [b][size=2][color=#855D33] I'm looking for suggestions for good animes! Anything really goes, except horror, no thanks. :') I've tried SAO, but I didn't like it. The only anime I've actually watch fully is The Ancient Magus' Bride, and I loved it! And after seeing the posts about the kelpie manes on tundras, I was thinking of trying fma, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. ^^;
cPyRFWy.png
I'm looking for suggestions for good animes! Anything really goes, except horror, no thanks. :')

I've tried SAO, but I didn't like it. The only anime I've actually watch fully is The Ancient Magus' Bride, and I loved it!

And after seeing the posts about the kelpie manes on tundras, I was thinking of trying fma, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. ^^;
                        guoaaAZ.gif      o x e n  » he / they  |  » fr + 9

links and stuff ::

» auction service
» uma sales
» g1 sales
       » wishlist
» pixels
@TwoSouls
What genre do you prefer? I'd offer Bleach but it's an action anime (but the BEST action anime, 100/10 would recommend watching)
@TwoSouls
What genre do you prefer? I'd offer Bleach but it's an action anime (but the BEST action anime, 100/10 would recommend watching)
[img]http://i.imgur.com/cPyRFWy.png[/img] [b][size=2][color=#855D33] @Hisagi I'm not really sure? Anything with a good story I guess. ^^
cPyRFWy.png
@Hisagi

I'm not really sure? Anything with a good story I guess. ^^

» auction service
» uma sales
» g1 sales
       » wishlist
» pixels
@TwoSouls
B l e a c h

Best anime ever, great plot! The movies are also really good. I won’t spoil it because I love the joy of clicking together pieces in the story
@TwoSouls
B l e a c h

Best anime ever, great plot! The movies are also really good. I won’t spoil it because I love the joy of clicking together pieces in the story
[img]http://i.imgur.com/cPyRFWy.png[/img] [b][size=2][color=#855D33] @Hisagi I'll give it a try! :D
cPyRFWy.png
@Hisagi

I'll give it a try! :D

» auction service
» uma sales
» g1 sales
       » wishlist
» pixels
@TwoSouls If you ever plan on watching FullMetal Alchemist, consider watching FullMetal alchemist: Brotherhood as well. Even if both stories start off the same, FMA diverges from the original storyline (which comes from the manga) and develops into a unique story of its own. FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, on the other hand, faithfully follows the manga's original story.

Both are unique and interesting in their own ways, and both are often regarded as well-written stories and good-quality anime (no unnecessary fillers, LOTS of character diversity, etc), and are both quite bite-sized too! (FMA has 51 episodes + a follow-up movie called Conqueror of Shamballa, while FMA:B has 64 episodes) so feel free to take your pick. :D

(and in case you were wondering, yes, the character that inspired all those kelpie-maned tundras appears in both versions. (pls do urself a favor and don't look up for spoilers :D)

gonna bypass Naruto, DBZ, Fairytail, One piece, etc bc they're too long and you probably know them already :'D

If you wanna do some binge-watching this Christmas, here's a few good bite-sized shows to watch (essentially, some of the best from their genres/cult classics)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion (26 episodes)
  • Cowboy Bebop (26 episodes)
  • Anohana: The flower we saw that day (11 episodes)
  • Graveyard of the Fireflies (p deep and emotional movie, great if you like to observe and try to understand the other meaning of the title and the story itself <3)
  • Ghibli movies (my neighbour totoro, howl's moving castle, spirited away, princess mononoke, etc)
  • Satoshi Kon movies (Tokyo Godfathers, Paprika, etc)
  • Mushishi (26 episodes)
  • Hourou Musuko (11 episodes, deals with issues such as being transgender, gender identity, and the beginning of puberty)
  • Death note (37 episodes)
  • Ryogo Narita's Baccano! (16 episodes) and Durarara!! (26 episodes)

Since anime shows tend to release batches of shows in different parts of the year, I'm currently waiting on the next seasons for My Hero Academia and Attack on Titan (April 2019 babey!! :'D)

These are the ones off the top of my head, might pop in a few more later on :D
@TwoSouls If you ever plan on watching FullMetal Alchemist, consider watching FullMetal alchemist: Brotherhood as well. Even if both stories start off the same, FMA diverges from the original storyline (which comes from the manga) and develops into a unique story of its own. FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, on the other hand, faithfully follows the manga's original story.

Both are unique and interesting in their own ways, and both are often regarded as well-written stories and good-quality anime (no unnecessary fillers, LOTS of character diversity, etc), and are both quite bite-sized too! (FMA has 51 episodes + a follow-up movie called Conqueror of Shamballa, while FMA:B has 64 episodes) so feel free to take your pick. :D

(and in case you were wondering, yes, the character that inspired all those kelpie-maned tundras appears in both versions. (pls do urself a favor and don't look up for spoilers :D)

gonna bypass Naruto, DBZ, Fairytail, One piece, etc bc they're too long and you probably know them already :'D

If you wanna do some binge-watching this Christmas, here's a few good bite-sized shows to watch (essentially, some of the best from their genres/cult classics)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion (26 episodes)
  • Cowboy Bebop (26 episodes)
  • Anohana: The flower we saw that day (11 episodes)
  • Graveyard of the Fireflies (p deep and emotional movie, great if you like to observe and try to understand the other meaning of the title and the story itself <3)
  • Ghibli movies (my neighbour totoro, howl's moving castle, spirited away, princess mononoke, etc)
  • Satoshi Kon movies (Tokyo Godfathers, Paprika, etc)
  • Mushishi (26 episodes)
  • Hourou Musuko (11 episodes, deals with issues such as being transgender, gender identity, and the beginning of puberty)
  • Death note (37 episodes)
  • Ryogo Narita's Baccano! (16 episodes) and Durarara!! (26 episodes)

Since anime shows tend to release batches of shows in different parts of the year, I'm currently waiting on the next seasons for My Hero Academia and Attack on Titan (April 2019 babey!! :'D)

These are the ones off the top of my head, might pop in a few more later on :D
[img]http://i.imgur.com/cPyRFWy.png[/img] [b][size=2][color=#855D33] @Kintoro I will probably watch both. ^^ And it's a bit too late to stop spoilers. :') I went through the thread that was talking about it until I found an explanation, but maybe I would've forgotten by the time I watch it? xD Since you seem like an anime expert, can you recommend site to watch anime? I've been using kissanime, but I keep getting banned for using adblock, even though it's off. >>
cPyRFWy.png
@Kintoro

I will probably watch both. ^^

And it's a bit too late to stop spoilers. :') I went through the thread that was talking about it until I found an explanation, but maybe I would've forgotten by the time I watch it? xD

Since you seem like an anime expert, can you recommend site to watch anime? I've been using kissanime, but I keep getting banned for using adblock, even though it's off. >>

» auction service
» uma sales
» g1 sales
       » wishlist
» pixels
@TwoSouls
I've moved from kissanime since they started doing that :'D

I'm currently using masterani bc it has 1080 vid quality :D

other alternatives here!
@TwoSouls
I've moved from kissanime since they started doing that :'D

I'm currently using masterani bc it has 1080 vid quality :D

other alternatives here!
Some of my personal favourites are:

Parasyte: The Maxim
Steins;Gate
B: the Beginning (this one is netflix exclusive as far as I know)
Bungo Stray Dogs (alternatively called Bungou stray dogs)
K Project

All of these have great stories, and are fairly short (one to two seasons each of about 12 episodes)

If you don't mind ads, VRV.co is a safe website to use with high quality (just skip the signup process if you don't want to pay :P).

Definitely watch Deathnote and some Studio Ghibli movies, though!
Some of my personal favourites are:

Parasyte: The Maxim
Steins;Gate
B: the Beginning (this one is netflix exclusive as far as I know)
Bungo Stray Dogs (alternatively called Bungou stray dogs)
K Project

All of these have great stories, and are fairly short (one to two seasons each of about 12 episodes)

If you don't mind ads, VRV.co is a safe website to use with high quality (just skip the signup process if you don't want to pay :P).

Definitely watch Deathnote and some Studio Ghibli movies, though!
Dez - No pronouns - 23 - FR+0
I was lurking but @Kintoro I took a look at Masterani and it looks great for when I can't find something on CR! No gross ads like other sites :P I also recommend AnimeMobile for this purpose.
I was lurking but @Kintoro I took a look at Masterani and it looks great for when I can't find something on CR! No gross ads like other sites :P I also recommend AnimeMobile for this purpose.
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
1 2 3