Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | The Case File (Cryptids/Paranormal)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 46
quietly archives this to self
quietly archives this to self
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
Well, when it comes to all things unexplained, including bigfoot and other cryptids, I'm somewhere in between. Yeah, I do believe there are things just way beyond our grasp, but sprinkling some logic on it, I don't believe it's necessarily what people perceive it to be.

If we take bigfoot for example, the fact that he was apparently sighted a thousand times over would easily make you believe that there has to be something living and physical behind it. But then ask yourself, if people have sighted it for so long and so often, have conducted widespread searches and whatnot, how come its existence is still not 100% proven? Honestly, I never looked deep into bigfoot specifically, but I'd like to think that if anything was confirmed, it'd get a good chunk of attention.

I know some really like to blame governments for this, but I can't help but feel that they have more important things to worry about than covering up some ape people. Who knows, they might be manifestations rather than actual beings, literal products of our minds.
Well, when it comes to all things unexplained, including bigfoot and other cryptids, I'm somewhere in between. Yeah, I do believe there are things just way beyond our grasp, but sprinkling some logic on it, I don't believe it's necessarily what people perceive it to be.

If we take bigfoot for example, the fact that he was apparently sighted a thousand times over would easily make you believe that there has to be something living and physical behind it. But then ask yourself, if people have sighted it for so long and so often, have conducted widespread searches and whatnot, how come its existence is still not 100% proven? Honestly, I never looked deep into bigfoot specifically, but I'd like to think that if anything was confirmed, it'd get a good chunk of attention.

I know some really like to blame governments for this, but I can't help but feel that they have more important things to worry about than covering up some ape people. Who knows, they might be manifestations rather than actual beings, literal products of our minds.
@starshiny
I'm more into cryptids that could be misplaced animals if that makes sense? Or animals that may have/did exist once, such as thylacine and alien big cats. Australian cryptids and folklore are also a big interest of mine (since I live here lol) and we do have a ton of really interesting ghost stories around.
Burrunjor is my current fave cryptid since it's supposed to be a T Rex thing wandering around the remote Australian outback. Mokole Mbembe is another similar dinosaur cryptid from the Congo in Africa that's also interesting to me ^^ And thank you for the well wishes!

@Dominga
It could be an escaped pet, I'm thinking of large macaws tbh? Scarlet macaws can get really big and are red. They're also a really popular pet and are legal in Europe I think. That's a pretty cool sighting though! I saw a really cool looking big white bird from a distance when I first moved here and it didn't look like anything I've seen, but then I later found it it could have just been a big cockatoo that I saw from an odd angle ^^;

@Yadukar
I feel similarly to you on the topic of cryptids, I like to speculate a lot but I like to keep pretty firmly rooted in logic as well ^^
@starshiny
I'm more into cryptids that could be misplaced animals if that makes sense? Or animals that may have/did exist once, such as thylacine and alien big cats. Australian cryptids and folklore are also a big interest of mine (since I live here lol) and we do have a ton of really interesting ghost stories around.
Burrunjor is my current fave cryptid since it's supposed to be a T Rex thing wandering around the remote Australian outback. Mokole Mbembe is another similar dinosaur cryptid from the Congo in Africa that's also interesting to me ^^ And thank you for the well wishes!

@Dominga
It could be an escaped pet, I'm thinking of large macaws tbh? Scarlet macaws can get really big and are red. They're also a really popular pet and are legal in Europe I think. That's a pretty cool sighting though! I saw a really cool looking big white bird from a distance when I first moved here and it didn't look like anything I've seen, but then I later found it it could have just been a big cockatoo that I saw from an odd angle ^^;

@Yadukar
I feel similarly to you on the topic of cryptids, I like to speculate a lot but I like to keep pretty firmly rooted in logic as well ^^
luna
any pronouns
FR Time +17
OgbBItY.png
@Argyraceus
To be fair, I haven't always seen things that way. I used to be extremely tinfoily, saw conspiracies everywhere and believed everything that didn't come from the public side of things. If I look back, it's kind of embarrassing :I
@Argyraceus
To be fair, I haven't always seen things that way. I used to be extremely tinfoily, saw conspiracies everywhere and believed everything that didn't come from the public side of things. If I look back, it's kind of embarrassing :I
@Yadukar
Oh yeah same here xD I used to believe quite a lot of very out there things, but I think I got more sceptical with age honestly. I also look back on it with embarrassment but at the same time at least I learned from it.
@Yadukar
Oh yeah same here xD I used to believe quite a lot of very out there things, but I think I got more sceptical with age honestly. I also look back on it with embarrassment but at the same time at least I learned from it.
luna
any pronouns
FR Time +17
OgbBItY.png
@Argyraceus
Further commonalities, how unexpected! :P
Well, I guess you can take away something from that. Personally, the only thing I learned is that I was very... uncanny. The memory of my psychologist calling me a system critic back then gets me cringing to the core xD
@Argyraceus
Further commonalities, how unexpected! :P
Well, I guess you can take away something from that. Personally, the only thing I learned is that I was very... uncanny. The memory of my psychologist calling me a system critic back then gets me cringing to the core xD
@Argyraceus
It could have been... I wish I could have gotten a better look at it
@Argyraceus
It could have been... I wish I could have gotten a better look at it
tumblr_inline_nc6dk1vPha1scrvs1.gif
here’s some cryptid tea:

if anyone really likes mothman, it’s becasue of two options.
1. they watch buzzfeed unsolved supernatural religiously
2. they live in west virginia.

and that’s the tea! i’m option number 1 whoops
here’s some cryptid tea:

if anyone really likes mothman, it’s becasue of two options.
1. they watch buzzfeed unsolved supernatural religiously
2. they live in west virginia.

and that’s the tea! i’m option number 1 whoops
ldNLSdw.png

she/they
20 years old
+3 fr time
herb_rack_flipped.png
we have the BunnyMan yes helloooooo
I love horror related things but i can never sleep after it,
i like to watch scaretheater and nightmind and jesus the paranormal topics they go into scare the hell out of me, but its fun scrEe
we have the BunnyMan yes helloooooo
I love horror related things but i can never sleep after it,
i like to watch scaretheater and nightmind and jesus the paranormal topics they go into scare the hell out of me, but its fun scrEe
@starshiny

Also number 1 lol, lived in West Virginia for like two months didn't see mothman but did see a haunted castle that I couldn't go into.
@starshiny

Also number 1 lol, lived in West Virginia for like two months didn't see mothman but did see a haunted castle that I couldn't go into.
She/her
+3 FRT
Forums lurker
Collector of old dragons
Lore clan!

Color-Hand-15.png
95c947c87cc1e92d43ab7d172f86ce89d0a06f2b.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 45 46