Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | worst injuries?
1 2 3 4 5
It was a school camp and was running down a very steep hill and I slipped and skinned my knee pretty bad. Flesh was out everywhere and someone swore they could see bone but I dont know about that.
I was told to wear plastic bags around my knee so I could shower but I decided to just go home lmao.

It was a school camp and was running down a very steep hill and I slipped and skinned my knee pretty bad. Flesh was out everywhere and someone swore they could see bone but I dont know about that.
I was told to wear plastic bags around my knee so I could shower but I decided to just go home lmao.

9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
I had nothing too nasty like broken bones or something, but I've had pretty bad flesh wounds on my elbows. On my way to the pond with the bike there was a slope on that gravel road which was pretty darn steep, being so wise I'd drive down full speed which got me flying for a sec. Well, I lost control on impact and it flung me across the road, elbows first. The helmet I wore was cracked and broken into pieces. No idea how that happened, but I was glad it wasn't my head that popped.
I had nothing too nasty like broken bones or something, but I've had pretty bad flesh wounds on my elbows. On my way to the pond with the bike there was a slope on that gravel road which was pretty darn steep, being so wise I'd drive down full speed which got me flying for a sec. Well, I lost control on impact and it flung me across the road, elbows first. The helmet I wore was cracked and broken into pieces. No idea how that happened, but I was glad it wasn't my head that popped.
Broke my collarbone when I was like 3 or 4 or something because I jumped in a toybox. I don't remember the experience at all, haha, just going off what I've been told.

Worst one I remember? Hmm. The only other actual bad-ish one I can remember was when I either broke or sprained one of my big toes a few years ago when I was out walking barefoot on concrete. Lost my balance or something and slammed that toe right into the ground. Never got it looked at, but I'm certain it was a break or a sprain because I could not walk properly on that foot for around a month (put too much weight on the toes of that foot and it hurt pretty nicely, so I had to keep my weight off of the toes when I walked... difficult especially since I tend to walk on the balls of my feet, had to keep from doing that for a while.) and the toe liked to pop during that time whenever I bent it |D;
Broke my collarbone when I was like 3 or 4 or something because I jumped in a toybox. I don't remember the experience at all, haha, just going off what I've been told.

Worst one I remember? Hmm. The only other actual bad-ish one I can remember was when I either broke or sprained one of my big toes a few years ago when I was out walking barefoot on concrete. Lost my balance or something and slammed that toe right into the ground. Never got it looked at, but I'm certain it was a break or a sprain because I could not walk properly on that foot for around a month (put too much weight on the toes of that foot and it hurt pretty nicely, so I had to keep my weight off of the toes when I walked... difficult especially since I tend to walk on the balls of my feet, had to keep from doing that for a while.) and the toe liked to pop during that time whenever I bent it |D;
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
When I was... I think 5-6, I thought a great way to avoid the leafblower (hated the noise) was to get out of my spa, wrap a towel around my legs and run away. Bad idea; I tripped and went for a nice slide along the concrete and slammed my forehead into one of the pipes that takes water out of the gutters on my roof. My parents took me to the hospital where I got the wound glued shut and I was home afterwards like nothing ever happened.
The only evidence it happened are numerous photos of me with those square shaped bandaids on my forehead (which were a PAIN to get on and off, had to change them daily) and a neat little red scar where the wound was.

There's also the time I sprained my ankle trying to leave one of my classrooms. There was a fairly large ledge I thought to jump down, but the heel of my shoes got caught on the edge and hello sprained ankle. Couldn't walk properly for a few days, and when I could, it hurt like hell. Proceeded to sprain my other ankle no more than a week later getting out of a bus.

When I was... I think 5-6, I thought a great way to avoid the leafblower (hated the noise) was to get out of my spa, wrap a towel around my legs and run away. Bad idea; I tripped and went for a nice slide along the concrete and slammed my forehead into one of the pipes that takes water out of the gutters on my roof. My parents took me to the hospital where I got the wound glued shut and I was home afterwards like nothing ever happened.
The only evidence it happened are numerous photos of me with those square shaped bandaids on my forehead (which were a PAIN to get on and off, had to change them daily) and a neat little red scar where the wound was.

There's also the time I sprained my ankle trying to leave one of my classrooms. There was a fairly large ledge I thought to jump down, but the heel of my shoes got caught on the edge and hello sprained ankle. Couldn't walk properly for a few days, and when I could, it hurt like hell. Proceeded to sprain my other ankle no more than a week later getting out of a bus.

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
When I was 3 I broke my arm because I was running to show my mom something and I ran into my couch lol

I twisted my knee last Friday while I was making my bed and now I can’t walk too well
I was making
my bed
When I was 3 I broke my arm because I was running to show my mom something and I ran into my couch lol

I twisted my knee last Friday while I was making my bed and now I can’t walk too well
I was making
my bed
WHO_IS_THIS_MAN.gif
is everyone even okay omg
is everyone even okay omg
as_banner_by_jeraruhh-dcnhndl.jpg
Short answer

No. Absolutely not.
Short answer

No. Absolutely not.
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
when I was living in Germany (which was while I was around 2-3 years old), my dad bought a desk from IKEA. My mom noticed that the edges of the desk were sharp, so she wanted him to get rid of it since it would be a hazard for my little brother and I, but he didn't listen.
Funnily enough, I tripped over one day and split my eyebrow open on the desk and was driven to the hospital to get stitches

thanks dad and ikea
when I was living in Germany (which was while I was around 2-3 years old), my dad bought a desk from IKEA. My mom noticed that the edges of the desk were sharp, so she wanted him to get rid of it since it would be a hazard for my little brother and I, but he didn't listen.
Funnily enough, I tripped over one day and split my eyebrow open on the desk and was driven to the hospital to get stitches

thanks dad and ikea
P1CwUov.gif
One day I forgot that I put my exacto knife on my bed, and I climbed into bed, and the knife went right into my foot. Like...all the way into my foot. It didn't actually hurt funnily enough, but it was a wicked sight.

I had to take it out, rush the the bathroom, and put on a pressure bandage for like 4 hours to make sure it would stop bleeding...the blood ruined like half of my sheets in my bed too. It was a gruesome sight.
One day I forgot that I put my exacto knife on my bed, and I climbed into bed, and the knife went right into my foot. Like...all the way into my foot. It didn't actually hurt funnily enough, but it was a wicked sight.

I had to take it out, rush the the bathroom, and put on a pressure bandage for like 4 hours to make sure it would stop bleeding...the blood ruined like half of my sheets in my bed too. It was a gruesome sight.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
Hmm, I injured my finger once and didn't exercise it (cuz I was young and naïve/stupid) and it started to go stiff and I couldn't bend it at all! It also was turning pale for some weird reason.

Long story short, I had to go to physical therapy and it's completely fine now. (But it was a close thing)

Um, I fell out of a tree and landed on a rock once. I had a really dark bruise on my ribs but I was scared of getting in trouble and didn't tell my parents so...I have no idea if I cracked my rib or it was just bruised. (Man, breathing was interesting for a while. It wasn't difficult but every time I inhaled my rib ached and I could sleep cuz of the pain/discomfort). If I had cracked it, it would be my worse injury I think since it would have been a broken bone but I have no idea so...

I also was a......active child and have sprained both my ankles like up to 5-6 times. Some was because I got impatient for it to heal (like nearly healed and then I went out and twisted it again). But all them were swelled and gross looking. The very first sprain hurt the absolute worse (I was running down a hill with my friend chasing me and I didn't realize there was a curb -- as the grass was growing over it -- and I tripped on it. I didn't sprain it then, but as I was getting my balance, the friend chasing me tripped on it and slammed into me and I twisted my ankle.) I think after the second time, I got...adjusted to the pain (or I didn't sprain the others as bad??) and it wasn't too bad. Inconvenient and painful, yes. But I could do stuff. Carefully.

But man, my ankles are so weak now. My ankle will like twist suddenly when I'm walking (in sneakers and flats - so its not even a heel problem) and it won't hurt and it isn't a sprain but its just a quick semi-heart attack moment. (Then life will continue).

So there's that too. I'm not really sure which one is 'worse' per-say though.

I think I've been pretty lucky otherwise. I don't even think these were that bad?? (My luck is kind of crummy if you think of the amount of injures I get but pretty good for not getting bad injuries. Like once I slipped getting out of the shower and slammed my face into the sink on my way down. I could have easily gotten a concussion or busted my head open but I just got a black eye. Went to the doctor and everything. So *shrug* Glass half full I guess. :P)

@EarlyGrey

That sounds horrendous. I recently fell on my tailbone (like I was not even a foot off the ground -- I was squatting) and it was agony for days. I'm sorry you had to experience that. ;^^
Hmm, I injured my finger once and didn't exercise it (cuz I was young and naïve/stupid) and it started to go stiff and I couldn't bend it at all! It also was turning pale for some weird reason.

Long story short, I had to go to physical therapy and it's completely fine now. (But it was a close thing)

Um, I fell out of a tree and landed on a rock once. I had a really dark bruise on my ribs but I was scared of getting in trouble and didn't tell my parents so...I have no idea if I cracked my rib or it was just bruised. (Man, breathing was interesting for a while. It wasn't difficult but every time I inhaled my rib ached and I could sleep cuz of the pain/discomfort). If I had cracked it, it would be my worse injury I think since it would have been a broken bone but I have no idea so...

I also was a......active child and have sprained both my ankles like up to 5-6 times. Some was because I got impatient for it to heal (like nearly healed and then I went out and twisted it again). But all them were swelled and gross looking. The very first sprain hurt the absolute worse (I was running down a hill with my friend chasing me and I didn't realize there was a curb -- as the grass was growing over it -- and I tripped on it. I didn't sprain it then, but as I was getting my balance, the friend chasing me tripped on it and slammed into me and I twisted my ankle.) I think after the second time, I got...adjusted to the pain (or I didn't sprain the others as bad??) and it wasn't too bad. Inconvenient and painful, yes. But I could do stuff. Carefully.

But man, my ankles are so weak now. My ankle will like twist suddenly when I'm walking (in sneakers and flats - so its not even a heel problem) and it won't hurt and it isn't a sprain but its just a quick semi-heart attack moment. (Then life will continue).

So there's that too. I'm not really sure which one is 'worse' per-say though.

I think I've been pretty lucky otherwise. I don't even think these were that bad?? (My luck is kind of crummy if you think of the amount of injures I get but pretty good for not getting bad injuries. Like once I slipped getting out of the shower and slammed my face into the sink on my way down. I could have easily gotten a concussion or busted my head open but I just got a black eye. Went to the doctor and everything. So *shrug* Glass half full I guess. :P)

@EarlyGrey

That sounds horrendous. I recently fell on my tailbone (like I was not even a foot off the ground -- I was squatting) and it was agony for days. I'm sorry you had to experience that. ;^^
SYJDX48.png
1 2 3 4 5