Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Your Opinion On Plants?
1 2 3 4 5
I have 3 cacti, an aloe vera plant and a flower which I don't remember the name of. I love buying plants, and I'm gradually getting better at caring for them I have poor memory
I have 3 cacti, an aloe vera plant and a flower which I don't remember the name of. I love buying plants, and I'm gradually getting better at caring for them I have poor memory
harpey_zps125ficha_by_delamire-d8sw2u8.gif
He/Him
+8FRT
Gardening is my third fav activity. I have too many terrariums.
Gardening is my third fav activity. I have too many terrariums.
I DEMAND MORE GIRAFFES
+1 FR Time
Very picky with terts
No need to ping if it's my post
I've attempted a small garden on my balcony the past few years! I have a potted blueberry bush that is about 1.5 years old now and it grew 3 flowers this year! I was so proud haha. I definitely need to acidify the soil somehow (I'm thinking sticking some lemon peels underneath it when I transfer it in the spring will do the trick) and hopefully I'll actually get a harvest from it someday! and I should probably name it now that it's survived this long

This year I also grew green and yellow beans (bugs got to them unfortunately), and bell peppers. My mom told me about a homemade organic insect repellent that she uses (a mix of dish soap, baking soda, oil, and water) so I'll have to try that in the spring.

Next year I'm thinking of growing bell peppers again, and maybe 1 or 2 interesting tomato plants. I've seen pink and orange tomato cultivars at the local greenhouses that I'd like to try.

///edit: I also have aquatic plants in my 10G betta tank! There are a few telanthera cardinalis, anubias congensis, and a java fern!
I've attempted a small garden on my balcony the past few years! I have a potted blueberry bush that is about 1.5 years old now and it grew 3 flowers this year! I was so proud haha. I definitely need to acidify the soil somehow (I'm thinking sticking some lemon peels underneath it when I transfer it in the spring will do the trick) and hopefully I'll actually get a harvest from it someday! and I should probably name it now that it's survived this long

This year I also grew green and yellow beans (bugs got to them unfortunately), and bell peppers. My mom told me about a homemade organic insect repellent that she uses (a mix of dish soap, baking soda, oil, and water) so I'll have to try that in the spring.

Next year I'm thinking of growing bell peppers again, and maybe 1 or 2 interesting tomato plants. I've seen pink and orange tomato cultivars at the local greenhouses that I'd like to try.

///edit: I also have aquatic plants in my 10G betta tank! There are a few telanthera cardinalis, anubias congensis, and a java fern!
tumblr_nsl2ezQmvD1slad33o1_250.png
@Clarinetosaurus I'm glad that your bush was able to grow! I do suggest naming it, it'll help you get more attached to it and then you can't stop loving it and it gets painful because you love them too much
@Clarinetosaurus I'm glad that your bush was able to grow! I do suggest naming it, it'll help you get more attached to it and then you can't stop loving it and it gets painful because you love them too much
Hello LGBT Community
Plants are interesting, and I'm glad they produce oxygen for us.
Plants are interesting, and I'm glad they produce oxygen for us.
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
@Gladekeeper get over here and preach

Plants are epic.

@Gladekeeper get over here and preach

Plants are epic.

Check out my co-owned Wings of Fire themed hatchery! Z1mj4pe.png
@SugarSpun if glademom actually commented-
@SugarSpun if glademom actually commented-
Hello LGBT Community
plant amazing. worship plant daily.
plant amazing. worship plant daily.
I love plants, and I have mixed success with them. If it's someplace where i see it regularly, it'll live a while, but if its not somewhere where i'll see it regularly, its probably not gonna survive long. Curse my annoyingly short attention span and not-so-great memory.
I love plants, and I have mixed success with them. If it's someplace where i see it regularly, it'll live a while, but if its not somewhere where i'll see it regularly, its probably not gonna survive long. Curse my annoyingly short attention span and not-so-great memory.
d32NFgh.png
mlHpBMC.png
UU9vIu2.png
2JV5Zu3.png
FObX7rS.png
YMPbu9R.png
DistortionSig.png trans.png
Plants are interesting, but not as cool as animals. Some are really pretty and neat, and I appreciate them! But when it comes down to it, crows, cats and wasps are more fun.
Plants are interesting, but not as cool as animals. Some are really pretty and neat, and I appreciate them! But when it comes down to it, crows, cats and wasps are more fun.
tj85yjR.png BVq8q9P.png nGvTyg3.png
1 2 3 4 5