Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Your Opinion On Plants?
1 2 3 4 5
@WHYYYY can you be my best friend please
@WHYYYY can you be my best friend please
Hello LGBT Community
I like plants, they're pretty and make me happy. Especially Flowers and Cacti. Front Yard and Backyard are full of plants and trees. Firesticks are pretty cool, I love them.
I like plants, they're pretty and make me happy. Especially Flowers and Cacti. Front Yard and Backyard are full of plants and trees. Firesticks are pretty cool, I love them.
CFFUclk.png ---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
{100 Generations Challenge}
c4a5xZL.png
Plants are good, not better than animals, but still good. Although the only plants my family can have indoors are extremely hardy. Like Shamrocks (which are almost impossible to kill apparently), various grasses, and ferns. That's it, every other plant we've had died horribly. :/
Plants are good, not better than animals, but still good. Although the only plants my family can have indoors are extremely hardy. Like Shamrocks (which are almost impossible to kill apparently), various grasses, and ferns. That's it, every other plant we've had died horribly. :/
I like a lot of plants! all of them actually! I just never have the time to get a successful garden going.
I like a lot of plants! all of them actually! I just never have the time to get a successful garden going.
mmm love me some flowers
mmm love me some flowers
tumblr-ngc4ax4-Hf-X1s35i1to1-500.gif
moon.pngArisa|She/They/Fleur/Lune/Fae|'97sakura.png
imageedit-1-9474809811.png
PLANT REVIEW 1:

Peace lilies (regular and pygmy): Yes good.
The best indoors plant, but I am biased because I grew up in a family that keeps the same peace lilies through generations by growing them huge and then splitting a part off for family members to grow.
Peace lilies can stand in shadow (ideal for indoors plants), have pretty flowers even with minimal care, and if you just completely drench them once in a while they don't need watering more than once a week.
They also grow in absolutely ANY soli. I have tested it, we had plenty of leftover plants at home from splitting huge clusters so I planted some in broken-up chalk, some in sour soil, some in bark, and some in just grit. It's been four years, mom reports that all four pots are still doing well. You cannot go wrong with this plant. That cheap sandy soil from the supermarket? Totally all right. Some polluted mud from a parking lot flowerbed? Nemo problemo. As long as it's not in direct sunlight or frozen it will live for friggling EVER.

My boyfriend once forgot to water one for a month, and even put the poor thing in the sun. It was brown and crunchy, but I watered it again and it popped right back up. Even his brown thumb cannot destroy the indestructible.

Best of all? It grows relatively fast, it cleanses the air, and it is a symbol of peace

Minus points: Like most other plants with "lily" in its name, it is toxic.
PLANT REVIEW 1:

Peace lilies (regular and pygmy): Yes good.
The best indoors plant, but I am biased because I grew up in a family that keeps the same peace lilies through generations by growing them huge and then splitting a part off for family members to grow.
Peace lilies can stand in shadow (ideal for indoors plants), have pretty flowers even with minimal care, and if you just completely drench them once in a while they don't need watering more than once a week.
They also grow in absolutely ANY soli. I have tested it, we had plenty of leftover plants at home from splitting huge clusters so I planted some in broken-up chalk, some in sour soil, some in bark, and some in just grit. It's been four years, mom reports that all four pots are still doing well. You cannot go wrong with this plant. That cheap sandy soil from the supermarket? Totally all right. Some polluted mud from a parking lot flowerbed? Nemo problemo. As long as it's not in direct sunlight or frozen it will live for friggling EVER.

My boyfriend once forgot to water one for a month, and even put the poor thing in the sun. It was brown and crunchy, but I watered it again and it popped right back up. Even his brown thumb cannot destroy the indestructible.

Best of all? It grows relatively fast, it cleanses the air, and it is a symbol of peace

Minus points: Like most other plants with "lily" in its name, it is toxic.
66MHIIb.png
I personally have not been very good at keeping plants alive - houseplants, at least. On two separate occasions I was able to grow and maintain two monstrously huge tomato plants that were producing tomatoes all winter long.

My mother has an amazing track record with plants. In January she bought a baby basket plant and within a couple months it flourished and was shooting off little babies. She gave me one of those babies to take with me to college, but I killed the thing within a month. I'm not even sure why. Maybe it was lack of water or sunlight.
I personally have not been very good at keeping plants alive - houseplants, at least. On two separate occasions I was able to grow and maintain two monstrously huge tomato plants that were producing tomatoes all winter long.

My mother has an amazing track record with plants. In January she bought a baby basket plant and within a couple months it flourished and was shooting off little babies. She gave me one of those babies to take with me to college, but I killed the thing within a month. I'm not even sure why. Maybe it was lack of water or sunlight.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
PLANT REVIEW 2:

Chlorophytum comosum (or spider plant): So many so fast 0.o
Ever wanted a plant that breeds like bunnies? Then this one's for you. Robust yet delicate-looking, spider plants get small white flowers that are star-shaped and SUPER adorable, and this one is also an effective air cleanser! But seriously. Those reproductive powers are scaaaary. One week, you might see your plant's very first reproductive stem emerge with tiny sweet flowerbuds and you go "awww what a cutie". Next week, little stems carrying baby plants will appear like magic all over that first stem, alongside the flowers. You now have plants for all your windowsills.

Two weeks after this, the mother plant is carrying more baby plants. There are three main stems this time.

One more week passes, your friends all have spider plants now. The first round of baby plants are all grown up, and if you look closer, you'll see their reproductive stems forming...

A year has passed. All your windowsills have big, bushy spider plants covered in babies hanging heavy with more babies down to the floor. You have started planting them as decorative grasses in your garden. There are spider plant flowers in your carpets. Your air has never been cleaner, but your home looks like a salad bar exploded.

*Ahem*... back on track, this plant can be watered a lot and then left to dry for a while. It has special roots for storing water. It survives sunlight, shadow, cold rooms, hot rooms, damp, dry, bad soil... yeah. Good houseplant.

Minus points: It is a boring thing to look at. It is stripey grass.
PLANT REVIEW 2:

Chlorophytum comosum (or spider plant): So many so fast 0.o
Ever wanted a plant that breeds like bunnies? Then this one's for you. Robust yet delicate-looking, spider plants get small white flowers that are star-shaped and SUPER adorable, and this one is also an effective air cleanser! But seriously. Those reproductive powers are scaaaary. One week, you might see your plant's very first reproductive stem emerge with tiny sweet flowerbuds and you go "awww what a cutie". Next week, little stems carrying baby plants will appear like magic all over that first stem, alongside the flowers. You now have plants for all your windowsills.

Two weeks after this, the mother plant is carrying more baby plants. There are three main stems this time.

One more week passes, your friends all have spider plants now. The first round of baby plants are all grown up, and if you look closer, you'll see their reproductive stems forming...

A year has passed. All your windowsills have big, bushy spider plants covered in babies hanging heavy with more babies down to the floor. You have started planting them as decorative grasses in your garden. There are spider plant flowers in your carpets. Your air has never been cleaner, but your home looks like a salad bar exploded.

*Ahem*... back on track, this plant can be watered a lot and then left to dry for a while. It has special roots for storing water. It survives sunlight, shadow, cold rooms, hot rooms, damp, dry, bad soil... yeah. Good houseplant.

Minus points: It is a boring thing to look at. It is stripey grass.
66MHIIb.png
Plants are pretty and smell nice, but I couldn't ever raise them myself. U.U

My friend N on the other hand, loves them and could easily raise a whole yard of them I'm sure.
Plants are pretty and smell nice, but I couldn't ever raise them myself. U.U

My friend N on the other hand, loves them and could easily raise a whole yard of them I'm sure.
I attempted to become Poison Ivy and splurged on planters for my balcony and inside, named my shrubbery and flowering cacti, my succulents, made rock arrangements in the pots, and even bought and painted a wooden pallet for a climbing vine.

My dog ate them, and I even killed my cactus.

I'm going to try again next spring. I really liked having plants around.
I attempted to become Poison Ivy and splurged on planters for my balcony and inside, named my shrubbery and flowering cacti, my succulents, made rock arrangements in the pots, and even bought and painted a wooden pallet for a climbing vine.

My dog ate them, and I even killed my cactus.

I'm going to try again next spring. I really liked having plants around.
ZRFPHFU.png
1 2 3 4 5