Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Your Opinion On Plants?
1 2 3 4 5
plant good
plant good
I love plants and wish I could bring myself to take up gardening, but I'm living in an apartment right now and can't do much about that. Also, I am TERRIFIED of slugs. Icky.

That said, I kept a spider plant when I was 13(?) and got very attached...I called her Charlotte, and I'd love to get another. Unfortunately, due to having multiple pets that think everything is edible, I'm not sure I want to bring any houseplants in that aren't cacti.

(Which is fine, I've loved cacti since I was little. Succulents are really the only way to go for me rn.)
I love plants and wish I could bring myself to take up gardening, but I'm living in an apartment right now and can't do much about that. Also, I am TERRIFIED of slugs. Icky.

That said, I kept a spider plant when I was 13(?) and got very attached...I called her Charlotte, and I'd love to get another. Unfortunately, due to having multiple pets that think everything is edible, I'm not sure I want to bring any houseplants in that aren't cacti.

(Which is fine, I've loved cacti since I was little. Succulents are really the only way to go for me rn.)
61808682.png 62036853.png
KwxLkEj.pngpZJYyk4.pngkCHWEjf.png
JMBy38q.pngEE2umbT.pngcv7JulL.png
@Izunia Cacti and succulents are good plants to take care of. Easy to keep alive!

Also, if anyone thinks they can identify Mariette, here's her description:

Mariette is in the process of maturing. (I got her on the first of July.) As of right now, her leaves are smooth and pointy-tipped at the ends, and the top sort of looks like a rose bud. Her stem is pale green. Her leaves are a darker green.
@Izunia Cacti and succulents are good plants to take care of. Easy to keep alive!

Also, if anyone thinks they can identify Mariette, here's her description:

Mariette is in the process of maturing. (I got her on the first of July.) As of right now, her leaves are smooth and pointy-tipped at the ends, and the top sort of looks like a rose bud. Her stem is pale green. Her leaves are a darker green.
Hello LGBT Community
what would the world be without plants tbh

i have a bunch of lemon saplings that my mom accidentally grew, they get assaulted by caterpillars every five months or so (only two have made it to adulthood however), but they're tenacious and can somehow survive having every single leaf eaten. i can't think of names for the six of them.

i also have two succulents that i don't know the species of, but they grow seedlings on their very fleshy leaves that drop off and continue growing. i'm not sure if they're even succulents really. they used to belong to my neighbours who moved away and gave them to us. because i suck at naming, they are called floppy and beetle.
what would the world be without plants tbh

i have a bunch of lemon saplings that my mom accidentally grew, they get assaulted by caterpillars every five months or so (only two have made it to adulthood however), but they're tenacious and can somehow survive having every single leaf eaten. i can't think of names for the six of them.

i also have two succulents that i don't know the species of, but they grow seedlings on their very fleshy leaves that drop off and continue growing. i'm not sure if they're even succulents really. they used to belong to my neighbours who moved away and gave them to us. because i suck at naming, they are called floppy and beetle.
2KAdknV.pngpixpet_mini_sunobra_pixel.gifLshkoju.pngdragonilluminaticonfirmed.gif
they provide some extra greenness to the world which is a Good
theres a few plants here but theyre stored away safely from cats in the kitchen which is normally locked
they provide some extra greenness to the world which is a Good
theres a few plants here but theyre stored away safely from cats in the kitchen which is normally locked
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
Plants are great and I love them

Would stuff my whole house with 'em 10/10
Plants are great and I love them

Would stuff my whole house with 'em 10/10
3169374761_1_7_V7IQH2JC.gif[/center]
I love plants and would like to have more of them! I am just bad at keeping them alive...
My partner is a green thumb tho so they are taking care of the plants most of the time! :) We have around 9 right now.
I love plants and would like to have more of them! I am just bad at keeping them alive...
My partner is a green thumb tho so they are taking care of the plants most of the time! :) We have around 9 right now.
XQ9sqVB.gif
I'm quite obsessed with them, actually.

I've got five plants of an unknown Nepenthes hybrid, an Aloe Vera, Madagascar Palm, two Mandarine seedlings, some cactus and a succulent, both of which I can't identify right now. In another room, I also got a resurrected Kiwi and a Venus Flytrap. Those are just my own plants, almost all of our windowsills are chuck-full.

I want to give away the normal ones at some point to make room for more carnivorous plants, probably just highlander Nepenthes and some Drosera. As nice as variety is, taking care of so many kinds has become kind of a pain to me.
I'm quite obsessed with them, actually.

I've got five plants of an unknown Nepenthes hybrid, an Aloe Vera, Madagascar Palm, two Mandarine seedlings, some cactus and a succulent, both of which I can't identify right now. In another room, I also got a resurrected Kiwi and a Venus Flytrap. Those are just my own plants, almost all of our windowsills are chuck-full.

I want to give away the normal ones at some point to make room for more carnivorous plants, probably just highlander Nepenthes and some Drosera. As nice as variety is, taking care of so many kinds has become kind of a pain to me.
plants help me breathe so they aren’t that bad
plants help me breathe so they aren’t that bad
21390.png
aranoire
she/her
artist writer
memelord
fr time +0
7889.png
sure [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/ec50/f/2018/289/e/f/ferns_category_600_by_pocketsizedoreo-dcple29.png[/img]
sure
ferns_category_600_by_pocketsizedoreo-dcple29.png
ePOliyb.png
FObX7rS.png
Z0dFFal.png
AhAOq4S.gif
1 2 3 4 5