Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dragons Of Pern Series
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45
I mean
My mother recommended it to me and I was enjoying it but the big words were too much for my little brain
I mean
My mother recommended it to me and I was enjoying it but the big words were too much for my little brain
Can't you hear the bells singing along?
You all hear it on the radio
Can't you see the hero coming home?
Can't you hear the bells
677.png967.png23821.png
@ashotinthedark

Again, sorry for all the question! XD

I hope I can get used to the complexity... you know what book series this is starting to remind me of? Game Of Thrones!

And isn't this series for young readers? Doesn't sound like it!
@ashotinthedark

Again, sorry for all the question! XD

I hope I can get used to the complexity... you know what book series this is starting to remind me of? Game Of Thrones!

And isn't this series for young readers? Doesn't sound like it!
“Gently my mind escapes into the relaxing mode of pleasure.
A pleasure that will take my mind off the reality of life."
--Slipknot
@Pardra

Thank you for your assistance!

I am buying Dragonflight soon. Why is the whole "which book do I read first" situation big deal, shouldn't the author have made clear of the chronological timeline?
@Pardra

Thank you for your assistance!

I am buying Dragonflight soon. Why is the whole "which book do I read first" situation big deal, shouldn't the author have made clear of the chronological timeline?
--Slipknot
@Nightwhisper666 The Harper series by Anne McCaffrey, Dragonsong, Dragonsinger, and Dragondrums is for younger readers (teenagers, really.) The other main trilogy is Dragonflight, Dragonquest and The White Dragon, which is more for adults. And then there are a ton of standalones, maybe other trilogies in the Pern setting. (I'm not too familiar with Todd McCaffrey's books.)
@Nightwhisper666 The Harper series by Anne McCaffrey, Dragonsong, Dragonsinger, and Dragondrums is for younger readers (teenagers, really.) The other main trilogy is Dragonflight, Dragonquest and The White Dragon, which is more for adults. And then there are a ton of standalones, maybe other trilogies in the Pern setting. (I'm not too familiar with Todd McCaffrey's books.)
24487.png24488.png
@dragonsmirk

Really? Because from reading reviews, a lot of people read it when they were kids!
@dragonsmirk

Really? Because from reading reviews, a lot of people read it when they were kids!
--Slipknot
@Nightwhisper666 Oh, as for your question about which book to read first... They were not written in chronological order and Anne McCaffrey retconned a bunch of stuff. My own personal feeling is that the original two trilogies capture the spirit of the setting the best, and then you can read the other books as fun add-ons.
@Nightwhisper666 Oh, as for your question about which book to read first... They were not written in chronological order and Anne McCaffrey retconned a bunch of stuff. My own personal feeling is that the original two trilogies capture the spirit of the setting the best, and then you can read the other books as fun add-ons.
24487.png24488.png
@dragonsmirk

Is Dragonflight, Dragonquest, and The White Dragon good for a start?
@dragonsmirk

Is Dragonflight, Dragonquest, and The White Dragon good for a start?
--Slipknot
@Nightwhisper666 I definitely read the Pern books when I was a teenager. :D Teens can read them, but I feel the Harper trilogy was aimed more at teenagers because of the teenaged protagonist.
@Nightwhisper666 I definitely read the Pern books when I was a teenager. :D Teens can read them, but I feel the Harper trilogy was aimed more at teenagers because of the teenaged protagonist.
24487.png24488.png
@Nightwhisper666

Depending on where in the story you start. The books were not released in chronological order (Some of the first are more fantasy and the ones explaining how the dragons were made are more scifi.)

A good start would be to learn about the Harpers of pern, because it gives you a general layout of each of the key places and helps make sense of the entire setting. About all of them have a tiny recap in the begining that explain the general world (Pern) and the main threat to the world (Thread) so those ARENT spoilers.

The first book in the origional Trilogy Dragonsong is a good place to start.

A good series of books, I recommend them to everyone.
@Nightwhisper666

Depending on where in the story you start. The books were not released in chronological order (Some of the first are more fantasy and the ones explaining how the dragons were made are more scifi.)

A good start would be to learn about the Harpers of pern, because it gives you a general layout of each of the key places and helps make sense of the entire setting. About all of them have a tiny recap in the begining that explain the general world (Pern) and the main threat to the world (Thread) so those ARENT spoilers.

The first book in the origional Trilogy Dragonsong is a good place to start.

A good series of books, I recommend them to everyone.
The last thing on my list of things to do is try dying
If you wanna live forever, then you will die trying.
@Nightwhisper666 Yes, absolutely, those were the first books, they'll give you a good taste of the world to begin with.
@Nightwhisper666 Yes, absolutely, those were the first books, they'll give you a good taste of the world to begin with.
24487.png24488.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 44 45