Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Old games you'll never stop playing?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
@PrinceLulu I'm still annoyed that they scrapped their original boss designs; I'd had suspicions, but it wasn't until earlier this year that I learned the original concept was to have Korax properly [i]riding[/i] a mutated Chaos Serpent. In the end, the mutated chaos serpent became Korax himself, and Korax's original model was changed to be the Heresiarch. (There are still vestiges of this idea back in Heretic, where after you defeat D'Sparil, there's a screen that shows a certain someone looking on...) [img]https://i.postimg.cc/zXR8qWMs/Heretic-Heresiarch.png[/img]
@PrinceLulu
I'm still annoyed that they scrapped their original boss designs; I'd had suspicions, but it wasn't until earlier this year that I learned the original concept was to have Korax properly riding a mutated Chaos Serpent.

In the end, the mutated chaos serpent became Korax himself, and Korax's original model was changed to be the Heresiarch.

(There are still vestiges of this idea back in Heretic, where after you defeat D'Sparil, there's a screen that shows a certain someone looking on...)

Heretic-Heresiarch.png
frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
@Madarakita

Dang. I'd heard the Heresiarch was meant to be the final boss design and -that- was what was changed last-minute, hence that screen, but I didn't know about the rad mutated Chaos Serpent.

... Also, I love the Heresiarch, especially that first battle against one (there's one or two in the expansion if I recall). I named one of my Gliscor in Pokemon Ultra Sun after it, actually- he has a number of Hexen-themed kids. Winnowing (for the Winnowing Hall, that first stage), Zedek, Tradactus, Menelkir and Afrit, for the little Eviolite Gligar. :3
@Madarakita

Dang. I'd heard the Heresiarch was meant to be the final boss design and -that- was what was changed last-minute, hence that screen, but I didn't know about the rad mutated Chaos Serpent.

... Also, I love the Heresiarch, especially that first battle against one (there's one or two in the expansion if I recall). I named one of my Gliscor in Pokemon Ultra Sun after it, actually- he has a number of Hexen-themed kids. Winnowing (for the Winnowing Hall, that first stage), Zedek, Tradactus, Menelkir and Afrit, for the little Eviolite Gligar. :3
tumblr_p6xvexhw2Q1w8xkufo9_250.pngHI SOMETIMES I POST EVERYWHERE
how old is old?
i loved Links Awakening for Gameboy(original i believe), if i had the two i would play it again and again. Super Nintendo, I loved A Link to the Past, Sega Genesis my favorites were Mortal Kombat and Road Rash. Nintendo, i loved Bayou Billy and Werewolf the Last Warrior, along with Ninja Gaiden and Contra.
As for games that i can still play and i still do I guess Maplestory? I have been playing that sice very early 2000's i believe
how old is old?
i loved Links Awakening for Gameboy(original i believe), if i had the two i would play it again and again. Super Nintendo, I loved A Link to the Past, Sega Genesis my favorites were Mortal Kombat and Road Rash. Nintendo, i loved Bayou Billy and Werewolf the Last Warrior, along with Ninja Gaiden and Contra.
As for games that i can still play and i still do I guess Maplestory? I have been playing that sice very early 2000's i believe
Morrowind! I will always go back to that game, I adore it.
Commander Keen as well, though I haven't actually played it in years now, it still has a place in my heart.
Not quite as old but also - Mount and Blade, Warband. Love that game, though Bannerlord is coming out soon(ish) so I'm really excited to get into that when it's time.

Also, I love how many people here are mentioning Spore. I had some good times in that game, weirdly I kind of feel like installing it again now...
Morrowind! I will always go back to that game, I adore it.
Commander Keen as well, though I haven't actually played it in years now, it still has a place in my heart.
Not quite as old but also - Mount and Blade, Warband. Love that game, though Bannerlord is coming out soon(ish) so I'm really excited to get into that when it's time.

Also, I love how many people here are mentioning Spore. I had some good times in that game, weirdly I kind of feel like installing it again now...
does minecraft count? if so, i still play it--
does minecraft count? if so, i still play it--
Would Wizard101 count as old? They just had their tenth anniversary celebration last month, and I don't envision myself leaving the game until the game itself shuts down. Likewise, with DragonFable (I think it opened around 2006-ish?), I doubt I'll leave willingly unless I am outright forced to, like the event of a game shutdown. I've been playing Wizard101 for eight years and DragonFable for around seven or six-ish, so I would say I'm pretty dedicated.
Would Wizard101 count as old? They just had their tenth anniversary celebration last month, and I don't envision myself leaving the game until the game itself shuts down. Likewise, with DragonFable (I think it opened around 2006-ish?), I doubt I'll leave willingly unless I am outright forced to, like the event of a game shutdown. I've been playing Wizard101 for eight years and DragonFable for around seven or six-ish, so I would say I'm pretty dedicated.
Noctua_Link_Big.png
Not the oldest but the least known game I'm still occasionally playing these days is Warzone 2100. I used to play it on my brothers PS1 but it broke shortly after, I almost completely forgot about it until he reminded me of it a year or so ago. When I saw that it was freeware and still maintained by the community, just like my nostalgia levels, my excitement went through the roof.
Not the oldest but the least known game I'm still occasionally playing these days is Warzone 2100. I used to play it on my brothers PS1 but it broke shortly after, I almost completely forgot about it until he reminded me of it a year or so ago. When I saw that it was freeware and still maintained by the community, just like my nostalgia levels, my excitement went through the roof.
Does World of Warcraft count as an old game?

Honestly, I have a lot of old consoles that I still replay at times. Lately I haven't, but there are so many games I still love despite their age. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Skyrim, Majora's Mask/Twilight Princess (both the remake and the old version), Pokemon (gameboy games + Stadium, and Mystery Dungeon), Digimon (DS games) and... wow there's a lot more. PSO Ep 1+2 for Gamecube, Starfox Adventures, Silent Hill (1-Origins)... Uh... Hm.

Honestly, if the console is plugged in, it'll get played. For now I just have the ps4 hooked up and I don't think anything on there is old enough to be considered vintage lol (love Bloodborne, though, and the Digimon games).

If it was on the N64, Gamecube, Wii, PS2 or Gameboy/DSi, I prolly played it and loved it and still do from time to time.
Does World of Warcraft count as an old game?

Honestly, I have a lot of old consoles that I still replay at times. Lately I haven't, but there are so many games I still love despite their age. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Skyrim, Majora's Mask/Twilight Princess (both the remake and the old version), Pokemon (gameboy games + Stadium, and Mystery Dungeon), Digimon (DS games) and... wow there's a lot more. PSO Ep 1+2 for Gamecube, Starfox Adventures, Silent Hill (1-Origins)... Uh... Hm.

Honestly, if the console is plugged in, it'll get played. For now I just have the ps4 hooked up and I don't think anything on there is old enough to be considered vintage lol (love Bloodborne, though, and the Digimon games).

If it was on the N64, Gamecube, Wii, PS2 or Gameboy/DSi, I prolly played it and loved it and still do from time to time.
gA3NbMx.gif
LOOK AT MY PROFILE. I live and BREATHE the Zelda games for the 64. Especially Majora’s Mask.
LOOK AT MY PROFILE. I live and BREATHE the Zelda games for the 64. Especially Majora’s Mask.
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
Godzilla: Domination. It may be old, but I'll never stop playing it! (On a DS, of course.)
Godzilla: Domination. It may be old, but I'll never stop playing it! (On a DS, of course.)
I need to update my signature.

He/She/It/Xe (Any pronouns really) | US Timezone
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11