Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | If you could add 100 episodes to a show
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@spacefruit

The whole thing just felt. Pointless. And lazy. Like the writers realized there were so many loose ends to tie up in Merlin and Arthur's relationship but were bound and determined to kill one of them anyway. It was SO unsatisfying. Some major conflicts never even got resolved! I wanted to see Arthur struggling to accept who Merlin is and eventually lifting the ban on magic within Camelot. Instead, I got an hour of tears, heartbreak, and a sorry excuse for a hopeful ending.
@spacefruit

The whole thing just felt. Pointless. And lazy. Like the writers realized there were so many loose ends to tie up in Merlin and Arthur's relationship but were bound and determined to kill one of them anyway. It was SO unsatisfying. Some major conflicts never even got resolved! I wanted to see Arthur struggling to accept who Merlin is and eventually lifting the ban on magic within Camelot. Instead, I got an hour of tears, heartbreak, and a sorry excuse for a hopeful ending.
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
@Hawktalon That’s the Arthurian Legend for you. I found I quite enjoyed it. If only Morgana had lived, however...

And think how tedious it would have been if we got our perfect happy ending. Arthur lifts the ban on magic, Merlin has completed his destiny, and... that’s it. Boring.
@Hawktalon That’s the Arthurian Legend for you. I found I quite enjoyed it. If only Morgana had lived, however...

And think how tedious it would have been if we got our perfect happy ending. Arthur lifts the ban on magic, Merlin has completed his destiny, and... that’s it. Boring.
Greetings!
@spacefruit

I get that, but at the same time, they changed so much about the original legend. Plor events and relationships were changed on a fundamental level. Why choose to be faithful all of a sudden just for the sake of a tear jerker?

(Now what I would have loved to happen that will only exist in the realm of fanfiction is a redemption arc for Morgana. Or, if she never even became a villain in the first place. But I just love playing with "what if" AUs.)

Haha, I absolutely loathe cliffhanger-esque endings (as in, intentionally open endings that create as many, if not more, questions rhan they answer). Having all of the conflicts be wrapped up is satisfying enough to me. They don't have to be wrapped up nicely, I just don't want to be sitting there with too many questions. That's something that needs to be left in an English class discussion. XP
@spacefruit

I get that, but at the same time, they changed so much about the original legend. Plor events and relationships were changed on a fundamental level. Why choose to be faithful all of a sudden just for the sake of a tear jerker?

(Now what I would have loved to happen that will only exist in the realm of fanfiction is a redemption arc for Morgana. Or, if she never even became a villain in the first place. But I just love playing with "what if" AUs.)

Haha, I absolutely loathe cliffhanger-esque endings (as in, intentionally open endings that create as many, if not more, questions rhan they answer). Having all of the conflicts be wrapped up is satisfying enough to me. They don't have to be wrapped up nicely, I just don't want to be sitting there with too many questions. That's something that needs to be left in an English class discussion. XP
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
sorry to break up the merlin discussion

breaking bad: i guess i'm asking for more of a sequel series than an actual continuation, but i would LOVE even just one season's worth of episodes focusing on jesse, all taking place after the events of the season finale. please. (yes i have watched better call saul and yes i love it)

santa clarita diet: THIS IS SUCH A GOOD NETFLIX ORIGINAL. it's dumb and campy and i love it oml. luckily it got renewed for a third season so i'll at least get 10 more episodes, if not 100. :')
sorry to break up the merlin discussion

breaking bad: i guess i'm asking for more of a sequel series than an actual continuation, but i would LOVE even just one season's worth of episodes focusing on jesse, all taking place after the events of the season finale. please. (yes i have watched better call saul and yes i love it)

santa clarita diet: THIS IS SUCH A GOOD NETFLIX ORIGINAL. it's dumb and campy and i love it oml. luckily it got renewed for a third season so i'll at least get 10 more episodes, if not 100. :')
uNYTKTj.png ____________________
cami - she/her
wishlist!
____________________ stWmWPC.png
@Hawktalon I see where you’re coming from! The show did take a lot of liberties with the original legend. However, plenty of authors and movies did the same. And I couldn’t stand Morgana if she never became a villain; I think she played her role marvellously! Also, I love an open ending. I love when you get to find answers to these burning questions by yourself; make up answers, if need be. I enjoyed that much more than I would have enjoyed a closed conclusion which answered all the questions. Last but not least, it wasn’t a tear-jerker. It was a bound-to-happen part of the story. Arthur’s death drove the story to its rightful ending. Had he not died, how would it have ended? With that same boring conclusion I spoke of earlier, where Merlin achieves all his ends and they all live happily ever after?

@Camisado No worries!
@Hawktalon I see where you’re coming from! The show did take a lot of liberties with the original legend. However, plenty of authors and movies did the same. And I couldn’t stand Morgana if she never became a villain; I think she played her role marvellously! Also, I love an open ending. I love when you get to find answers to these burning questions by yourself; make up answers, if need be. I enjoyed that much more than I would have enjoyed a closed conclusion which answered all the questions. Last but not least, it wasn’t a tear-jerker. It was a bound-to-happen part of the story. Arthur’s death drove the story to its rightful ending. Had he not died, how would it have ended? With that same boring conclusion I spoke of earlier, where Merlin achieves all his ends and they all live happily ever after?

@Camisado No worries!
Greetings!
Lucifer! It was unfairly cancelled last year. I hardly watch tv anymore now
tumblr_pa1v59xRPV1x8q01eo1_250.giftumblr_pa1v59xRPV1x8q01eo2_250.gif
[quote name="@AquaParrot" date="2018-10-08 16:48:29" ] Wander over yonder, just because it was such a great show, and it deserves more episodes... And it would actually work! [/quote] I agree with this! However, like other people mentioned, 100 more episodes would be a little too much, so maybe 1 or 2 more seasons would work better.
@AquaParrot wrote on 2018-10-08 16:48:29:
Wander over yonder, just because it was such a great show, and it deserves more episodes... And it would actually work!
I agree with this! However, like other people mentioned, 100 more episodes would be a little too much, so maybe 1 or 2 more seasons would work better.
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
Danny Phantom. It got horrible treatment in season 3, so it'd be fair to make things up by fixing up plot holes and addressing other issues, or just reboot it completely with 100 fresh, new episodes.
Danny Phantom. It got horrible treatment in season 3, so it'd be fair to make things up by fixing up plot holes and addressing other issues, or just reboot it completely with 100 fresh, new episodes.
zidanerun.gif b / zid - they/them
[quote name="MusicMiner" date="2018-10-13 12:19:51" ] Lucifer! It was unfairly cancelled last year. I hardly watch tv anymore now [/quote] It actually got picked up by Netflix for a 4th season! Thank [s]god[/s] !
MusicMiner wrote on 2018-10-13 12:19:51:
It actually got picked up by Netflix for a 4th season! Thank god !
tumblr_static_rsz_banner.png
BOSS BABY: BACK IN BUSINESS

don't judge me ok
BOSS BABY: BACK IN BUSINESS

don't judge me ok
xxxxxx dTi4eBQ.png
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
x
She/They | FR+0 | [theme]

00111100 00110011 00100001

tutant meenage neetle teetles
x