Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I need my American license revoked
1 2 3 4
The only one of your points that I fall into is #4. I really don't like sports (especially american football it's boring as hell to me), and the only time I ever watch them is when I go to a game. The only thing I stay up-to-date with sports wise is if a team I support wins or loses.

Otherwise, I like fast food, I say the pledge if I have to, I love salt, and I watch fireworks on the 4th of July. Only for a few minutes though, it loses my interest after that.
The only one of your points that I fall into is #4. I really don't like sports (especially american football it's boring as hell to me), and the only time I ever watch them is when I go to a game. The only thing I stay up-to-date with sports wise is if a team I support wins or loses.

Otherwise, I like fast food, I say the pledge if I have to, I love salt, and I watch fireworks on the 4th of July. Only for a few minutes though, it loses my interest after that.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
used to dislike fast food but it's whats cheap so i make do and don't mind too much anymore, i live off of 711 food and ramen. tfw your cat eats better than you

used to dislike fast food but it's whats cheap so i make do and don't mind too much anymore, i live off of 711 food and ramen. tfw your cat eats better than you

dczs3nl-43d2b676-fe43-4f56-8bfe-1eaf5f76b574.png
I ate mcdonalds once after 5* years not eating it due to getting food poisoning

guess what i got?

food posioning

guess where i’ll never go?

mcdonalds
I ate mcdonalds once after 5* years not eating it due to getting food poisoning

guess what i got?

food posioning

guess where i’ll never go?

mcdonalds
Uq1cq4S.png
@Hawktalon if the country is so bad, move out of it :/ some of us prefer not to spit in the face of the country that provides us unparalleled freedom and opportunity, doesn't make us dumb and "caring too damn much". it's called being grateful and not, hmm, entitled.

anywho

i really like fast food oof, i worked at taco bell for four years and practically lived on the stuff. mcdonald's, however, is a cesspool and i will only venture there under duress. sonic and jack in the box though, and that Wendy's 4 for $4 deal, i'll chow that all night. hurts the wallet though, cheap as it may be.

i'm honestly not patriotic, but i don't go out of my way to disrespect my country, as i believe it's the greatest country in the world. i like seeing the fireworks and festivities on the 4th but i don't feel any overwhelming sense of pride or anything, but that goes for any holiday tbh. i'm an under the radar sort. back in my edgy anarchy days i used to sit for the pledge but i realised how disrespectful it was to the people who sacrifice their lives and livelihoods to secure the great country we reside in today so i do my part when it's called for. as far as the pledge goes, people may not agree with everything about America, god knows i don't, but at least have some tact when it comes to the great sacrifice that has gone into making America what it is today.

sports are boring. why are we paying people millions to throw balls at each other but teachers who literally shape the world we live in are scraping by, just above minimum wage? seems backwards to me so i've never liked sports on both a moral standpoint and the simple tedium that is inherent in them. you can only watch someone throw or hit a ball so many ways before it all starts to look the same.
@Hawktalon if the country is so bad, move out of it :/ some of us prefer not to spit in the face of the country that provides us unparalleled freedom and opportunity, doesn't make us dumb and "caring too damn much". it's called being grateful and not, hmm, entitled.

anywho

i really like fast food oof, i worked at taco bell for four years and practically lived on the stuff. mcdonald's, however, is a cesspool and i will only venture there under duress. sonic and jack in the box though, and that Wendy's 4 for $4 deal, i'll chow that all night. hurts the wallet though, cheap as it may be.

i'm honestly not patriotic, but i don't go out of my way to disrespect my country, as i believe it's the greatest country in the world. i like seeing the fireworks and festivities on the 4th but i don't feel any overwhelming sense of pride or anything, but that goes for any holiday tbh. i'm an under the radar sort. back in my edgy anarchy days i used to sit for the pledge but i realised how disrespectful it was to the people who sacrifice their lives and livelihoods to secure the great country we reside in today so i do my part when it's called for. as far as the pledge goes, people may not agree with everything about America, god knows i don't, but at least have some tact when it comes to the great sacrifice that has gone into making America what it is today.

sports are boring. why are we paying people millions to throw balls at each other but teachers who literally shape the world we live in are scraping by, just above minimum wage? seems backwards to me so i've never liked sports on both a moral standpoint and the simple tedium that is inherent in them. you can only watch someone throw or hit a ball so many ways before it all starts to look the same.
lkzAKA7.jpg
@sane

Someone always says that, and it's not that simple. There's a lot tying me to the area I live in. I can't just pick up and move to another country. Also, I never said I was ungrateful, just that I hate America. I can hate something and still appreciate it. Complaining about school doesn't mean I'm not grateful to have the opportunity to get a good education just as complaining about the country I live in doesn't mean I don't appreciate the opportunity it grants me. I doubt there's a country in this world that is any better; the entire world is full of issues right now, and in many cases those issues are the same ones America faces. It's not like leaving would change things anyways, unless I wanted to go buy a private island. I'd be trading one set of problems for another. I'm not an anarchist by a long shot, but I don't think patriotism is deserved. Especially since much of that sacrifice you mentioned seems to me like it was for nothing.
@sane

Someone always says that, and it's not that simple. There's a lot tying me to the area I live in. I can't just pick up and move to another country. Also, I never said I was ungrateful, just that I hate America. I can hate something and still appreciate it. Complaining about school doesn't mean I'm not grateful to have the opportunity to get a good education just as complaining about the country I live in doesn't mean I don't appreciate the opportunity it grants me. I doubt there's a country in this world that is any better; the entire world is full of issues right now, and in many cases those issues are the same ones America faces. It's not like leaving would change things anyways, unless I wanted to go buy a private island. I'd be trading one set of problems for another. I'm not an anarchist by a long shot, but I don't think patriotism is deserved. Especially since much of that sacrifice you mentioned seems to me like it was for nothing.
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
I should have my English license revoked too because I hate talking about the weather (and small talk in general) I don't complain no matter whether it is hot or cold all day long and I don't have that stiff upper lip where I will smile at you whilst killing you in my head, I will flat out tell you I don't like you and don't want to waste my time talking.
I hate football and I would also never sing our national anthem because I neither believe in god, or care about saving the Queen.
I should have my English license revoked too because I hate talking about the weather (and small talk in general) I don't complain no matter whether it is hot or cold all day long and I don't have that stiff upper lip where I will smile at you whilst killing you in my head, I will flat out tell you I don't like you and don't want to waste my time talking.
I hate football and I would also never sing our national anthem because I neither believe in god, or care about saving the Queen.

Really?

Imma hold my tongue on this one but you might want to delete it lest you get a political discussion started. And yeah, I say the pledge and so does my whole ducking town so don't say "who does anymore?"

Really?

Imma hold my tongue on this one but you might want to delete it lest you get a political discussion started. And yeah, I say the pledge and so does my whole ducking town so don't say "who does anymore?"
100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png
ditto! i can't have mcdonald's anymore either. bleH gross
ditto! i can't have mcdonald's anymore either. bleH gross
99522cc99c3d5967114b6f0d8bb16cba-dc2fbrm.gif duck | they/she | ♠
avid overwatch nerd
no links yet | cred
purugly.gif

+3 FR time

I can eat McDonald's just fine (it tastes unhealthy and delicious) but it doesn't always sit well with me, so I can't eat it often. Other than that, yup, I'm the same. Well, I guess I'm more ambivalent to the pledge, not outright against it. So I guess I'm... 37.5% true to my country? Something like that.
I can eat McDonald's just fine (it tastes unhealthy and delicious) but it doesn't always sit well with me, so I can't eat it often. Other than that, yup, I'm the same. Well, I guess I'm more ambivalent to the pledge, not outright against it. So I guess I'm... 37.5% true to my country? Something like that.
kDetLAz.pngOne fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish.5utJSlY.png
this is a bit off topic...but say there was suddenly this mutation in the human genome that caused mcdonalds to be healthy, would people that dislike mcdonalds like it more?
this is a bit off topic...but say there was suddenly this mutation in the human genome that caused mcdonalds to be healthy, would people that dislike mcdonalds like it more?
no
1 2 3 4