Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Terrifying stories from your life
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
I wanna hear about the most frightening things that have ever happened to you or that you have ever heard about! Nightmares, ghosts, anything! I love all things horror related!
I wanna hear about the most frightening things that have ever happened to you or that you have ever heard about! Nightmares, ghosts, anything! I love all things horror related!
She/her
+3 FRT
Forums lurker
Collector of old dragons
Lore clan!

Color-Hand-15.png
95c947c87cc1e92d43ab7d172f86ce89d0a06f2b.png
@Scorpiontail i saw this one story on reddit where this guy would hear someone whistling in the night, someone following him for years(?) and just whistling. i forgot the details but if you want to read it search up "reddit whistling story" and there is a video somewhere of the whistling i think!

@Scorpiontail i saw this one story on reddit where this guy would hear someone whistling in the night, someone following him for years(?) and just whistling. i forgot the details but if you want to read it search up "reddit whistling story" and there is a video somewhere of the whistling i think!

hell_by_arrowk-dcr1fkh.png i will yeet you
my art shop
Like I may or may not have summoned a demon once. Really hard to tell and it was an accident. Apparently if you say their name three times they pop up like Beatlejuice. Took a full hour to get whatever it was out of the room, i blacked out at one point. This friend of mine tole me that I stood up, walked toward it and taunted it.
Like I may or may not have summoned a demon once. Really hard to tell and it was an accident. Apparently if you say their name three times they pop up like Beatlejuice. Took a full hour to get whatever it was out of the room, i blacked out at one point. This friend of mine tole me that I stood up, walked toward it and taunted it.
She/her
+3 FRT
Forums lurker
Collector of old dragons
Lore clan!

Color-Hand-15.png
@arrowk I've heard stories like that! But most of them were about people whistling at night and getting dragged away by angry spirits. Never heard of someone hearing the things whistling tho. Sounds cool!
@arrowk I've heard stories like that! But most of them were about people whistling at night and getting dragged away by angry spirits. Never heard of someone hearing the things whistling tho. Sounds cool!
She/her
+3 FRT
Forums lurker
Collector of old dragons
Lore clan!

Color-Hand-15.png
Oh man! I had something happen fairly recently! It's uhh kind of long but here we go.

So I was staying in this small condo on the third floor right along the beach with my parents and grandparents for around 4 days this spring. Around 2 nights into my stay, I stayed up mildly late (around midnight) on my phone until I decided it was time to sleep. As I was wrapping up what I was doing, I heard a noise. It's difficult to describe it, but the best way is that it was a combination of knocking on wood and the dinging sound in this when you got a step right. And it was loud. There was no mistaking that that noise was definitely happening. Now, if I had just heard this noise once I would've been "woah that was weird" and just forgotten about it and gone back to sleep. But this of course wasn't the case.

At first, I thought it was just something knocking in the floor below me, but it was so rhythmic that it couldn't have. It began to sound more like someone knocking on a door. It would stop every once and a while and I would think it had stopped, but it would start back up again. It got terrifying when it began to sound as though someone was knocking on the door to enter where I was staying. The knocking kept on happening. I was trying to convince myself that I was just imagining this noise, even though it was wayy too loud for me to have imagined it. I recorded a video as the sound was going on and played it back. I could hear the sound still so I knew it was real which made it worse.

After around thirty minutes of this, I heard a noise coming from where my parents were sleeping. A soft door opening, light footsteps, and my mom's whispered voice in the kitchen, around 10 feet away from the door. It sounded like she was talking to one of my family members, probably about the noise. I wanted to get up and speak with her, and also investigate the noise so I could finally get some sleep, but I was afraid. What if it wasn't her? It probably was, but you have to remember that I was terrified by this point. I thought someone was about to break in and kill me.

After around 45 minutes, it stopped for around 10 minutes, the longest time it had stopped. Before, it would stop for only seconds or maybe 3 minutes never much more than that. I turned off my light, relieved to be able to sleep. It started up again, and continued, stopping every now and then, for around 15-30 minutes more, sounding even closer now. I was too scared to turn on my light again, afraid that the person was maybe already in where I was staying so I just turned on my phone to a really low brightness, clutching it and filled with fear. Anti-climatically, it stopped and never started back up again.

However, it's still creepy. I mentioned to my family members the noise, but they said they had heard nothing, which was weird because I had heard my mom's voice in the kitchen.I felt like she would've at least heard it, because she's a very light sleeper. But none of them had, which means the voice I heard in the kitchen was not my mom's or my grandmother's. So I checked my phone and listened to the video I had taken that night. All I heard was dead air. That's right. It was as though the noise had never happened. I still don't know what it was and my friends joke that I was sound-hallucinating. Maybe I was. Or maybe there was something else.
Oh man! I had something happen fairly recently! It's uhh kind of long but here we go.

So I was staying in this small condo on the third floor right along the beach with my parents and grandparents for around 4 days this spring. Around 2 nights into my stay, I stayed up mildly late (around midnight) on my phone until I decided it was time to sleep. As I was wrapping up what I was doing, I heard a noise. It's difficult to describe it, but the best way is that it was a combination of knocking on wood and the dinging sound in this when you got a step right. And it was loud. There was no mistaking that that noise was definitely happening. Now, if I had just heard this noise once I would've been "woah that was weird" and just forgotten about it and gone back to sleep. But this of course wasn't the case.

At first, I thought it was just something knocking in the floor below me, but it was so rhythmic that it couldn't have. It began to sound more like someone knocking on a door. It would stop every once and a while and I would think it had stopped, but it would start back up again. It got terrifying when it began to sound as though someone was knocking on the door to enter where I was staying. The knocking kept on happening. I was trying to convince myself that I was just imagining this noise, even though it was wayy too loud for me to have imagined it. I recorded a video as the sound was going on and played it back. I could hear the sound still so I knew it was real which made it worse.

After around thirty minutes of this, I heard a noise coming from where my parents were sleeping. A soft door opening, light footsteps, and my mom's whispered voice in the kitchen, around 10 feet away from the door. It sounded like she was talking to one of my family members, probably about the noise. I wanted to get up and speak with her, and also investigate the noise so I could finally get some sleep, but I was afraid. What if it wasn't her? It probably was, but you have to remember that I was terrified by this point. I thought someone was about to break in and kill me.

After around 45 minutes, it stopped for around 10 minutes, the longest time it had stopped. Before, it would stop for only seconds or maybe 3 minutes never much more than that. I turned off my light, relieved to be able to sleep. It started up again, and continued, stopping every now and then, for around 15-30 minutes more, sounding even closer now. I was too scared to turn on my light again, afraid that the person was maybe already in where I was staying so I just turned on my phone to a really low brightness, clutching it and filled with fear. Anti-climatically, it stopped and never started back up again.

However, it's still creepy. I mentioned to my family members the noise, but they said they had heard nothing, which was weird because I had heard my mom's voice in the kitchen.I felt like she would've at least heard it, because she's a very light sleeper. But none of them had, which means the voice I heard in the kitchen was not my mom's or my grandmother's. So I checked my phone and listened to the video I had taken that night. All I heard was dead air. That's right. It was as though the noise had never happened. I still don't know what it was and my friends joke that I was sound-hallucinating. Maybe I was. Or maybe there was something else.
zdGr5so.png

>mysa/saint
>he/her
>FR+3
GWuVj5n.png
@Mysa whoa, freaky! I hate when that happens. I was trying to sleep one night and i heard a man's voice say "I'm behind you" and if that wasn't creepy enough i felt hands on my back.
Edit: and everytime i tell my family about this stuff they think I'm crazy.
@Mysa whoa, freaky! I hate when that happens. I was trying to sleep one night and i heard a man's voice say "I'm behind you" and if that wasn't creepy enough i felt hands on my back.
Edit: and everytime i tell my family about this stuff they think I'm crazy.
She/her
+3 FRT
Forums lurker
Collector of old dragons
Lore clan!

Color-Hand-15.png
when i was younger my parents left me home alone for about 2 hours dont worry i wasnt that young i was able to be left alone for a little but i had stayed home alone before so it was normal. about half way through i heard foot steps, the swish of clothing, light switches being flipped, and doors creaking. i was so sure i heard it that i grabbed a knife and hid and called my family. when they got home we looked around and nothing had moved. i was so sure i heard it that i refused to stay home alone for a while after that. i have no idea what it was but i dont believe in ghosts or spirits
when i was younger my parents left me home alone for about 2 hours dont worry i wasnt that young i was able to be left alone for a little but i had stayed home alone before so it was normal. about half way through i heard foot steps, the swish of clothing, light switches being flipped, and doors creaking. i was so sure i heard it that i grabbed a knife and hid and called my family. when they got home we looked around and nothing had moved. i was so sure i heard it that i refused to stay home alone for a while after that. i have no idea what it was but i dont believe in ghosts or spirits
fight me m8
I have a couple, a lot of them mostly revolving around creepy paranormal stuff that had happened throughout my life, though I think the one that affected me most of my life (probably still to this day) would be when I was about four or five...

We lived on a Base in a small house, it was my mom, dad and sister. For the past few days, I had been nauseous and vomiting a lot, and so had my dad. My mom and sister were also sick but to a lesser degree.

Things get kinda fuzzy about this part, but I remember falling in and out of consciousness as firemen came and entered the house. They mentioned they smelled something off, and I saw them carrying out my sister and her friend who was spending the night. I think by this time, I was put on a stretcher and taken from the house, looking around and seeing blurry people running around and the lights of an ambulance.

Once I was inside of it, they said they were "losing me" and I'm pretty sure I died for a little bit. It was darkness and I couldn't hear anything for the longest time until I woke up groggy ** in the hospital. My hearing was slower to return, along with my sense of smell.

After that, we had to go into very large and creepy hyperbaric chambers at least thrice in order for our bodies to return to normal, as we had suffered an immense poisoning of Carbon Monoxide.

We moved after that of course.
Thinking about at the time, I don't think I was truly afraid, since I was so out of it and literally dying. But looking back, it's a scary though that I had died for lord knows how many minutes or even hours.
I have a couple, a lot of them mostly revolving around creepy paranormal stuff that had happened throughout my life, though I think the one that affected me most of my life (probably still to this day) would be when I was about four or five...

We lived on a Base in a small house, it was my mom, dad and sister. For the past few days, I had been nauseous and vomiting a lot, and so had my dad. My mom and sister were also sick but to a lesser degree.

Things get kinda fuzzy about this part, but I remember falling in and out of consciousness as firemen came and entered the house. They mentioned they smelled something off, and I saw them carrying out my sister and her friend who was spending the night. I think by this time, I was put on a stretcher and taken from the house, looking around and seeing blurry people running around and the lights of an ambulance.

Once I was inside of it, they said they were "losing me" and I'm pretty sure I died for a little bit. It was darkness and I couldn't hear anything for the longest time until I woke up groggy ** in the hospital. My hearing was slower to return, along with my sense of smell.

After that, we had to go into very large and creepy hyperbaric chambers at least thrice in order for our bodies to return to normal, as we had suffered an immense poisoning of Carbon Monoxide.

We moved after that of course.
Thinking about at the time, I don't think I was truly afraid, since I was so out of it and literally dying. But looking back, it's a scary though that I had died for lord knows how many minutes or even hours.
gA3NbMx.gif
@xxCerberusxx yeah i don't do staying home alone anymore for that exact reason! Gotta admit that I don't really believe in ghosts. I haven't found solid proof.
@ThePipeFox whoa, most of my stories are like i saw something or something touched me but you died and then came back! That is both terrible and awesome! Mostly terrible tho.
@xxCerberusxx yeah i don't do staying home alone anymore for that exact reason! Gotta admit that I don't really believe in ghosts. I haven't found solid proof.
@ThePipeFox whoa, most of my stories are like i saw something or something touched me but you died and then came back! That is both terrible and awesome! Mostly terrible tho.
She/her
+3 FRT
Forums lurker
Collector of old dragons
Lore clan!

Color-Hand-15.png
[quote name="Scorpiontail" date="2018-06-21 16:55:11" ] @xxCerberusxx yeah i don't do staying home alone anymore for that exact reason! Gotta admit that I don't really believe in ghosts. I haven't found solid proof. @ThePipeFox whoa, most of my stories are like i saw something or something touched me but you died and then came back! That is both terrible and awesome! Mostly terrible tho. [/quote] ROFL I wouldn't have called it awesome at the time, though I guess in hindsight, it's awesome I didn't die! So, yeah, that makes sense.
Scorpiontail wrote on 2018-06-21 16:55:11:

ROFL I wouldn't have called it awesome at the time, though I guess in hindsight, it's awesome I didn't die! So, yeah, that makes sense.
gA3NbMx.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17