Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Language-Learning, Exchange & Resources
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 35 36
@setonix

Thanks so much for sharing these links!
I'll include them in the Resource Post right away! Also welcome! :D

And hi to everyone new! Good to see y'all!
Not gonna lie I m a lil jealous FR doesn't support Japanese and Chinese Characters! I'd love to do some pen-palling with people here but FR WONT ALLOW US-- ; w ; )

((And while I didn't manage to clear my entire Vocab stash from yesterday it's definitely reduced greatly in size! GOTTA KEEP SWIMMIN'--- ))
@setonix

Thanks so much for sharing these links!
I'll include them in the Resource Post right away! Also welcome! :D

And hi to everyone new! Good to see y'all!
Not gonna lie I m a lil jealous FR doesn't support Japanese and Chinese Characters! I'd love to do some pen-palling with people here but FR WONT ALLOW US-- ; w ; )

((And while I didn't manage to clear my entire Vocab stash from yesterday it's definitely reduced greatly in size! GOTTA KEEP SWIMMIN'--- ))
fr_hatchery_button_small_by_naahva-dch05rf.png
[ Yoshi ]
[ +9h FR time ]
[ ger | eng | jpn ]
[ he / him ]
[ Language Learning Hub ]
naturef1.png
[quote][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12098492] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/120985/12098492_350.png[/img] [/url] [size=4] "Added in some more Resources for Japanese! ...w-what? D-don't look at me like that - I'm really trying to be inclusive of other languages as well! The japanese peeps in here are just really active with sharing their content! Ahem. To anyone studying Languages which require a new [b]alphabet[/b] - try and look up [b]Online Flash Games![/b] Often, they are fun games in learning apps as well! Below, we have some Flash Games for Hiragana and Katakana! If you're interested in the Kana you definitely want to check them out! [b]Hiragana & Katakana[/b] Flash Game [url=http://www.easyjapanese.org/kataquiz.html]1[/url], [url=https://www.kongregate.com/games/tukkun/kana-warrior]2[/url] , [url=https://realkana.com]3[/url] ..t-that being said I'll try to find something similar for Korean and... other languages!" [b]Edit[/b]: added 3 new things to Korean - gonna continue working on the Korean Section after I return back home! Please be aware though that I am not studying Korean myself and thus can't judge the quality of those! [/center][/quote]
Quote:

12098492_350.png

"Added in some more Resources for Japanese!
...w-what? D-don't look at me like that - I'm really trying to be inclusive of other languages as well!
The japanese peeps in here are just really active with sharing their content!

Ahem.
To anyone studying Languages which require a new alphabet - try and look up Online Flash Games!
Often, they are fun games in learning apps as well!

Below, we have some Flash Games for Hiragana and Katakana!
If you're interested in the Kana you definitely want to check them out!

Hiragana & Katakana Flash Game 1, 2 , 3

..t-that being said I'll try to find something similar for Korean and... other languages!"

Edit: added 3 new things to Korean - gonna continue working on the Korean Section after I return back home!
Please be aware though that I am not studying Korean myself and thus can't judge the quality of those!

[ Yoshi ]
[ +9h FR time ]
[ ger | eng | jpn ]
[ he / him ]
naturef1.png
[center][img]http://36.media.tumblr.com/f48d4427337475c93793b461c3397afc/tumblr_inline_o23f1raLV11r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12098492] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/120985/12098492_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [font=Century Gothic] [center][size=4] The [b]Resource Post[/b] has undergone a[b] massive Update![/b] As you can see, I've added Masterposts for many other Languages. Actually, I do believe I will stick to those - they look neat and tidy - and everyone can do their own clicking and digging through those! ...if anyone want to help with formating the FR Based posts - I'd be very happy. Coding and formating isn't my strongest point, my apology. Please, contact @Naahva if you want to help with coding and formatting! [center][img]http://36.media.tumblr.com/f48d4427337475c93793b461c3397afc/tumblr_inline_o23f1raLV11r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center]
tumblr_inline_o23f1raLV11r3lvtf_500.png

The Resource Post has undergone a massive Update!
As you can see, I've added Masterposts for many other Languages.
Actually, I do believe I will stick to those - they look neat and tidy - and everyone can do their own clicking and digging through those!

...if anyone want to help with formating the FR Based posts - I'd be very happy.
Coding and formating isn't my strongest point, my apology.
Please, contact @Naahva if you want to help with coding and formatting!

tumblr_inline_o23f1raLV11r3lvtf_500.png
[ Yoshi ]
[ +9h FR time ]
[ ger | eng | jpn ]
[ he / him ]
naturef1.png
YES i'm so happy this exists! thanks for making it :>

hellooo! i'm Ray! English is my native language and I speak Japanese at some intermediate level. I've been studying it (with a lot of gaps) since I was maybe 12, 13 (I'm 19) and I'm pretty dang passionate about it, i'm just really nervous to speak it lmao!! so I'd love to practice using it a LOT more, anyone who'd like to practice it is welcome to hit me up! I'll list more about me further down!
(i'd write some japanese here but i'm also frustrated that FR doesn't support other character sets lol, i do have a discord/etc. though so we can use those c:)

I'm also studying Finnish! I love love love cultures and Finnish culture is another one I fell in love with, idk it's just so alluring to me?? I feel some mysterious connection to it as though maybe I belong there. The people are so nice and the language is just so beautiful so I wanted to learn it! I only finally started this year though so I'm still very much beginner -- todella haluan puhua suomessa kans suomalaisella, mutta pelkään koska en ole vielä hyvä suomeksi :'D

it's also definitely on my radar to learn sign language later, and maybe some Polish at some point (I'm part Polish) but I haven't yet because polish is wack lmao. probably also some Latin just for fun, after all I impulse bought a book on latin two summers ago so i feel almost obligated to hear that interest out haha. honestly i just love languages, i can't get enough of them and i'd like to keep learning them forever!

but yeah! I love animals, video games (like... everything about video games, lore and OSTs especially) especially nintendo, art, piano (I'm a self-taught amateur pianist, I learn/cover game soundtracks for fun and relaxation!), lore/original characters/worldbuilding/conlanging/blah blah, languages and cultures as mentioned before, blah blah lots of stuff
I'm an artist, not only both traditional and digital but honestly I just love to get creative--heck I'll decorate your face if you let me. I also sometimes write or do web design. sometimes. I'm also... pretty much a furry. I love to talk about video games, being LGBT+, mental health, general human rights, characters, languages, all kinds of stuff! I'd love to chat with you! I'm kind of shy and suffer from mad anxiety so I can be slow but I do try my best!!

(PS -- i have a sincere love/hate relationship with kanji!! but this article is by far the best thing that ever happened to my kanji pursuit, hands down)
YES i'm so happy this exists! thanks for making it :>

hellooo! i'm Ray! English is my native language and I speak Japanese at some intermediate level. I've been studying it (with a lot of gaps) since I was maybe 12, 13 (I'm 19) and I'm pretty dang passionate about it, i'm just really nervous to speak it lmao!! so I'd love to practice using it a LOT more, anyone who'd like to practice it is welcome to hit me up! I'll list more about me further down!
(i'd write some japanese here but i'm also frustrated that FR doesn't support other character sets lol, i do have a discord/etc. though so we can use those c:)

I'm also studying Finnish! I love love love cultures and Finnish culture is another one I fell in love with, idk it's just so alluring to me?? I feel some mysterious connection to it as though maybe I belong there. The people are so nice and the language is just so beautiful so I wanted to learn it! I only finally started this year though so I'm still very much beginner -- todella haluan puhua suomessa kans suomalaisella, mutta pelkään koska en ole vielä hyvä suomeksi :'D

it's also definitely on my radar to learn sign language later, and maybe some Polish at some point (I'm part Polish) but I haven't yet because polish is wack lmao. probably also some Latin just for fun, after all I impulse bought a book on latin two summers ago so i feel almost obligated to hear that interest out haha. honestly i just love languages, i can't get enough of them and i'd like to keep learning them forever!

but yeah! I love animals, video games (like... everything about video games, lore and OSTs especially) especially nintendo, art, piano (I'm a self-taught amateur pianist, I learn/cover game soundtracks for fun and relaxation!), lore/original characters/worldbuilding/conlanging/blah blah, languages and cultures as mentioned before, blah blah lots of stuff
I'm an artist, not only both traditional and digital but honestly I just love to get creative--heck I'll decorate your face if you let me. I also sometimes write or do web design. sometimes. I'm also... pretty much a furry. I love to talk about video games, being LGBT+, mental health, general human rights, characters, languages, all kinds of stuff! I'd love to chat with you! I'm kind of shy and suffer from mad anxiety so I can be slow but I do try my best!!

(PS -- i have a sincere love/hate relationship with kanji!! but this article is by far the best thing that ever happened to my kanji pursuit, hands down)
sEBxtxA.png thDLJf3.png eGiN2Xv.png
@stormspecter

Hi there - and welcome! :D
Good to have ya!
Also omg I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been doing this japanese thing since so many years HAHAHAHAHA
Also oh boy - I'd marry nihongoshark if I could :'D
I'll definitely include the Article in the Resources post! :D

((I mean at the moment I'm a lil hesitant because only the Japanese Section now has so many single entries - whereas all other languages are "just" masterposts to further spread the resources. On one hand I feel like Japanese Resources are my strong suit and it would be a waste not to include all the things I've hand-picked because I know they re pretty neat!
...on the other hand I don't want it to seem like I would place Japanese on a higher pedestal :'D""
ANYWAY WHILE I FIGURE OUT HOW I HANDLE THE JAPANESE SECTION I LL INCLUDE THE ARTICLE EITHER WAY! Thansk for sharing it! ; w ;
It was what made me subscribe to NihongoShark because I felt so understood :'D
I've completed the 97-Kanji Day Challenge in January -and absolutely on time! ; w ; )

How are you doing with your kanji-journey? ; w ; )
I really like Kanji and think they re my strongest suit - but my grammar is pretty basic and terrible ^^""""
@stormspecter

Hi there - and welcome! :D
Good to have ya!
Also omg I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been doing this japanese thing since so many years HAHAHAHAHA
Also oh boy - I'd marry nihongoshark if I could :'D
I'll definitely include the Article in the Resources post! :D

((I mean at the moment I'm a lil hesitant because only the Japanese Section now has so many single entries - whereas all other languages are "just" masterposts to further spread the resources. On one hand I feel like Japanese Resources are my strong suit and it would be a waste not to include all the things I've hand-picked because I know they re pretty neat!
...on the other hand I don't want it to seem like I would place Japanese on a higher pedestal :'D""
ANYWAY WHILE I FIGURE OUT HOW I HANDLE THE JAPANESE SECTION I LL INCLUDE THE ARTICLE EITHER WAY! Thansk for sharing it! ; w ;
It was what made me subscribe to NihongoShark because I felt so understood :'D
I've completed the 97-Kanji Day Challenge in January -and absolutely on time! ; w ; )

How are you doing with your kanji-journey? ; w ; )
I really like Kanji and think they re my strongest suit - but my grammar is pretty basic and terrible ^^""""
[ Yoshi ]
[ +9h FR time ]
[ ger | eng | jpn ]
[ he / him ]
naturef1.png
@Naahva thank you! :-D
HECK NAH LMAO little me got super enamored with japanese culture and language, decided they were gonna suck the internet dry of information so they could learn it and technically i haven't stopped i've... just taken vacations... I swear haha but nope it's pretty normal, in fact i think it's pretty admirable since it just shows how much we love the language and truly want to learn it!!

no no problem! add it or don't i just figured i'd plop it there in case anyone hadn't seen it and could have used it :0 there's no worries!! <3 i totally feel you on not wanting to put a certain language on a pedestal or anything, however i don't think that's how it comes across! as more people get involved i'm sure more diversity will show up!
that being said I have a couple of finnish resources although i'm sure they're not hard to find with a google search and all, plus finnish isn't too popular so

WOAH awesome!! that's great to hear how well you did! :-D SADLY i haven't finished the challenge yet, life happened and a bunch of stuff happened that i didn't plan for, plus i'm just really scatterbrained and i got sort of burnt out BUT i'm planning on getting back on the horse soon enough!! I've just been letting my current mood sort of take me where it will. right now I can recognize and know the meaning of maybe 1200 kanji, and i can actually read (as in knowing their readings, knowing some words associated with them and thus being able to understand them in the wild) maybe some 900+?? I'm not totally sure. but yeah I hope to get back to it!
we should chat in japanese if you'd like!
@Naahva thank you! :-D
HECK NAH LMAO little me got super enamored with japanese culture and language, decided they were gonna suck the internet dry of information so they could learn it and technically i haven't stopped i've... just taken vacations... I swear haha but nope it's pretty normal, in fact i think it's pretty admirable since it just shows how much we love the language and truly want to learn it!!

no no problem! add it or don't i just figured i'd plop it there in case anyone hadn't seen it and could have used it :0 there's no worries!! <3 i totally feel you on not wanting to put a certain language on a pedestal or anything, however i don't think that's how it comes across! as more people get involved i'm sure more diversity will show up!
that being said I have a couple of finnish resources although i'm sure they're not hard to find with a google search and all, plus finnish isn't too popular so

WOAH awesome!! that's great to hear how well you did! :-D SADLY i haven't finished the challenge yet, life happened and a bunch of stuff happened that i didn't plan for, plus i'm just really scatterbrained and i got sort of burnt out BUT i'm planning on getting back on the horse soon enough!! I've just been letting my current mood sort of take me where it will. right now I can recognize and know the meaning of maybe 1200 kanji, and i can actually read (as in knowing their readings, knowing some words associated with them and thus being able to understand them in the wild) maybe some 900+?? I'm not totally sure. but yeah I hope to get back to it!
we should chat in japanese if you'd like!
@stormspecter
OHHH I LOVE THIS WAY OF LOOKING AT IT! Especially calling it 'vacations', haha!
I agree though - I'm usually a real quitter when it's about stuff i only care about half-heartedly
but japanese... I'm still at it - despite all these years ; w;

Oh i absolutely had to add it!
Tbh this is such a good and useful approach and this entire article is written so very well - i always make sure to recommend NihongoShark or Heisig's approach to all my friends who think abt studying japanese!

I feel this ;;
It's taken me quite, quite many attempts to really finally pull through - but somehow, this time I made it work OTL
These numbers are pretty impressive nevertheless, though!
In case you're not familiar with this site already... you might wanna try this website?
It's free and offers many japanese news articles in easy japanese! Grammar-wise I am sure you'll be able to handle it (since hey even I'm able to handle it!) - and I'm following a Youtuber who said at around your kanji level he was able to read the news fairly well!
Perhaps you wanna give it a try! I found this very motivating - seeing how easier it got with every new Kanji!
By now, i can make it through an article without almost any help - except for some special words, relating to a very specific subject such as economy, or stuff ; w ; )

I'd love to chat with u in japanese in the future! ; w ;
By now, my grammar is really really bad and I wanna finish at least the N5 and some of the N4 grammar, before daring to seriously converse in japanese, HAHAHAHHA

Oh by the way - just today I've launched what I call the "Pinglist Squad" in this Hub.
People who wanna join will be included in a ping list specific to either their Target, or Goal Language.
Thus if anyone has something neat they wanna ask or share with people of their Target / Goal Language, they simply can ping em all!
Would you wanna be included (for japanese or finish, perhaps?)
If not - no problem!
But since that part of this Thread is still absolutely new I thought I'd promote it a little, hahahhahaha!
@stormspecter
OHHH I LOVE THIS WAY OF LOOKING AT IT! Especially calling it 'vacations', haha!
I agree though - I'm usually a real quitter when it's about stuff i only care about half-heartedly
but japanese... I'm still at it - despite all these years ; w;

Oh i absolutely had to add it!
Tbh this is such a good and useful approach and this entire article is written so very well - i always make sure to recommend NihongoShark or Heisig's approach to all my friends who think abt studying japanese!

I feel this ;;
It's taken me quite, quite many attempts to really finally pull through - but somehow, this time I made it work OTL
These numbers are pretty impressive nevertheless, though!
In case you're not familiar with this site already... you might wanna try this website?
It's free and offers many japanese news articles in easy japanese! Grammar-wise I am sure you'll be able to handle it (since hey even I'm able to handle it!) - and I'm following a Youtuber who said at around your kanji level he was able to read the news fairly well!
Perhaps you wanna give it a try! I found this very motivating - seeing how easier it got with every new Kanji!
By now, i can make it through an article without almost any help - except for some special words, relating to a very specific subject such as economy, or stuff ; w ; )

I'd love to chat with u in japanese in the future! ; w ;
By now, my grammar is really really bad and I wanna finish at least the N5 and some of the N4 grammar, before daring to seriously converse in japanese, HAHAHAHHA

Oh by the way - just today I've launched what I call the "Pinglist Squad" in this Hub.
People who wanna join will be included in a ping list specific to either their Target, or Goal Language.
Thus if anyone has something neat they wanna ask or share with people of their Target / Goal Language, they simply can ping em all!
Would you wanna be included (for japanese or finish, perhaps?)
If not - no problem!
But since that part of this Thread is still absolutely new I thought I'd promote it a little, hahahhahaha!
[ Yoshi ]
[ +9h FR time ]
[ ger | eng | jpn ]
[ he / him ]
naturef1.png
@Naahva
oh then well i'm glad! ;v;
ohhh RIGHT!! i've heard/looked at that website before but i haven't really given it a chance! you're right it's probably a huge help--i just keep forgetting about it! thanks for your recommendation, i'll try to pop by it more often!!

oh that's okay! feel free to message me anytime you want! good luck with your studies :>

oh heck yeah! go ahead and put me under both japanese and finnish!
maybe putting down what level (beginner, intermediate, advanced, fluent etc besides just native) each person is would be helpful :D
@Naahva
oh then well i'm glad! ;v;
ohhh RIGHT!! i've heard/looked at that website before but i haven't really given it a chance! you're right it's probably a huge help--i just keep forgetting about it! thanks for your recommendation, i'll try to pop by it more often!!

oh that's okay! feel free to message me anytime you want! good luck with your studies :>

oh heck yeah! go ahead and put me under both japanese and finnish!
maybe putting down what level (beginner, intermediate, advanced, fluent etc besides just native) each person is would be helpful :D
@stormspecter

Ayee, I've noted you down!
And thanks for the suggestion - I've included the different levels as well! :D
Hope these Ping-Lists will take off, for I think they could come in really handy, haha!

and now i really need to get back to my grammar studies. I've been putting it off all day OTL
I don't know why i fear grammar to such an unhealthy degree OTL
i mean no actually i know but knowing unfortunately doesnt make it better ;;
@stormspecter

Ayee, I've noted you down!
And thanks for the suggestion - I've included the different levels as well! :D
Hope these Ping-Lists will take off, for I think they could come in really handy, haha!

and now i really need to get back to my grammar studies. I've been putting it off all day OTL
I don't know why i fear grammar to such an unhealthy degree OTL
i mean no actually i know but knowing unfortunately doesnt make it better ;;
[ Yoshi ]
[ +9h FR time ]
[ ger | eng | jpn ]
[ he / him ]
naturef1.png
@Naahva
awesome! might i ask what you're studying grammar with? :>
don't worry, grammar can be a b**** @_@ personally I find japanese grammar really simple but finnish grammar is still kind of sweeping the floor with me
@Naahva
awesome! might i ask what you're studying grammar with? :>
don't worry, grammar can be a b**** @_@ personally I find japanese grammar really simple but finnish grammar is still kind of sweeping the floor with me
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 35 36