Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Language-Learning, Exchange & Resources
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 35 36
@strifing

Omg i feel you!
The Genki Series is amazing! I'm also low key using them every once in a while and I love them! :D
I'm considering taking N4 soon-ish too! :D
@strifing

Omg i feel you!
The Genki Series is amazing! I'm also low key using them every once in a while and I love them! :D
I'm considering taking N4 soon-ish too! :D
fr_hatchery_button_small_by_naahva-dch05rf.png
[ Yoshi ]
[ +9h FR time ]
[ ger | eng | jpn ]
[ he / him ]
[ Language Learning Hub ]
naturef1.png
Hey, I'm a native English speaker! I'm a beginning German and Japanese speaker, taking Japanese as a class and German independently. I also enjoy looking at Ukrainian and Hungarian.

My target language is German because I love it so much! I like to draw, act, do math, and write stories and small skits.

Mostly I use Duolingo, I haven't found much else for free.
Hey, I'm a native English speaker! I'm a beginning German and Japanese speaker, taking Japanese as a class and German independently. I also enjoy looking at Ukrainian and Hungarian.

My target language is German because I love it so much! I like to draw, act, do math, and write stories and small skits.

Mostly I use Duolingo, I haven't found much else for free.
zbWELyv.png
tuDXykQ.png
TTd5qF8.png
wmaQkkP.png
sapphire/jekyll
he/she
fr time+3
commissions
@Arupocalypse

Have you tried looking for apps, or pdfs or websites online?
I don't know any names but I've had an internship in a refugee center where I attended the German lessons occasionally.
From what I observed through these lessons and the internship in general is, that there should be plenty free Apps designed for learning German - since both the Austrian and German government wanted to help the refugees integrate and learn our language!
Sorry i can't be of more help - but I'm pretty sure there should be some good stuff around!

Apart from that - Memrise is great for vocabulary of all sorts - and it's free!
I am sure it has tons of german - some courses probably also with audio files for the pronounciation! ^^
@Arupocalypse

Have you tried looking for apps, or pdfs or websites online?
I don't know any names but I've had an internship in a refugee center where I attended the German lessons occasionally.
From what I observed through these lessons and the internship in general is, that there should be plenty free Apps designed for learning German - since both the Austrian and German government wanted to help the refugees integrate and learn our language!
Sorry i can't be of more help - but I'm pretty sure there should be some good stuff around!

Apart from that - Memrise is great for vocabulary of all sorts - and it's free!
I am sure it has tons of german - some courses probably also with audio files for the pronounciation! ^^
[ Yoshi ]
[ +9h FR time ]
[ ger | eng | jpn ]
[ he / him ]
naturef1.png
I'm super behind on my Vocabs - my Anki Flashcards due are... +700 ;_;
BUT I PROMISE TO GET BACK ON TRACK TONIGHT---

what keeps me motivated is doing 2-3 battles in the coli - then doing another 10 flashcards - et cetera ;;
...though with an amount due this high i might better make it 5 battles - 25 vocabs ; w;)

I'm super behind on my Vocabs - my Anki Flashcards due are... +700 ;_;
BUT I PROMISE TO GET BACK ON TRACK TONIGHT---

what keeps me motivated is doing 2-3 battles in the coli - then doing another 10 flashcards - et cetera ;;
...though with an amount due this high i might better make it 5 battles - 25 vocabs ; w;)

[ Yoshi ]
[ +9h FR time ]
[ ger | eng | jpn ]
[ he / him ]
naturef1.png
[quote][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12098492] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/120985/12098492_350.png[/img] [/url] "I've added a [b]new Entry[/b] for [b]Japanese Resources[/b]! Everyone, if you can recommend good apps and/or websites, please - share them with us all!"[/center][/quote]
Quote:

12098492_350.png

"I've added a new Entry for Japanese Resources!

Everyone, if you can recommend good apps and/or websites, please - share them with us all!"
[ Yoshi ]
[ +9h FR time ]
[ ger | eng | jpn ]
[ he / him ]
naturef1.png
@Naahva

I've looked at Memrise and I agree it's pretty good for pronunciation and whatnot, so I probably should've mentioned that XD. And I'll definitely have to look harder for some more online resources since I'm studying in the United States of America x)
@Naahva

I've looked at Memrise and I agree it's pretty good for pronunciation and whatnot, so I probably should've mentioned that XD. And I'll definitely have to look harder for some more online resources since I'm studying in the United States of America x)
zbWELyv.png
tuDXykQ.png
TTd5qF8.png
wmaQkkP.png
sapphire/jekyll
he/she
fr time+3
commissions
native: english
target: punjabi

heyo!!!
first of all, great idea for a forum :0
the language i want to learn is punjabi!! my family all knows it, so i feel kinda left out. i know for an absolute fact that my mother talks to me to others in punjabi so i should at least be able to know what she says. i also get made fun of for being the only one to not know it so id be glad to get that off my back! i know only a tiny, tiny bit. like,,, probably only a few words. i can say with pride that i know the word for potato! im going to focus more on self-teaching myself once school ends, so i dont always forget to do anything.

i enjoy drawing and videogames in my free time! :0
native: english
target: punjabi

heyo!!!
first of all, great idea for a forum :0
the language i want to learn is punjabi!! my family all knows it, so i feel kinda left out. i know for an absolute fact that my mother talks to me to others in punjabi so i should at least be able to know what she says. i also get made fun of for being the only one to not know it so id be glad to get that off my back! i know only a tiny, tiny bit. like,,, probably only a few words. i can say with pride that i know the word for potato! im going to focus more on self-teaching myself once school ends, so i dont always forget to do anything.

i enjoy drawing and videogames in my free time! :0
(f)art shoppe
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Oh hai this is a wonderful thread! :) [quote=Language Exchange?][b][size=4] About myself[/b]: [LIST] [*]1st Language: English [*]2nd Language: Chinese (Mandarin) [*]Other languages (I did beginner courses in these, then lost touch with the languages): Malay Spanish Japanese [*]Target-Language + Skill Level: Dutch, proficiency in everyday conversation [*]Hobbies / Interests: Eating Cooking Hiking Reading Horse riding [/LIST] [/quote] I am currently using Duolingo and Memrise for Dutch, but have also signed up for an intensive beginner course in August! For Spanish I found Duolingo quite helpful, and the content there is extensive, even if they don't really go into the grammar rules. For Japanese, there were two websites that I used: For hiragana and katakana: [url=http://japanese-lesson.com/]http://japanese-lesson.com/[/url] For learning the language through everyday scenarios: [url=https://www.erin.ne.jp/en/]https://www.erin.ne.jp/en/[/url] Will be very happy to penpal/dragon mail with anyone trying to learn chinese! And @Rivix let's learn Dutch together! :D
Oh hai this is a wonderful thread! :)
Language Exchange? wrote:
About myself:
  • 1st Language: English
  • 2nd Language: Chinese (Mandarin)
  • Other languages (I did beginner courses in these, then lost touch with the languages):
    Malay
    Spanish
    Japanese
  • Target-Language + Skill Level: Dutch, proficiency in everyday conversation
  • Hobbies / Interests:
    Eating
    Cooking
    Hiking
    Reading
    Horse riding

I am currently using Duolingo and Memrise for Dutch, but have also signed up for an intensive beginner course in August! For Spanish I found Duolingo quite helpful, and the content there is extensive, even if they don't really go into the grammar rules.

For Japanese, there were two websites that I used:
For hiragana and katakana:
http://japanese-lesson.com/
For learning the language through everyday scenarios:
https://www.erin.ne.jp/en/

Will be very happy to penpal/dragon mail with anyone trying to learn chinese! And @Rivix let's learn Dutch together! :D
ZFj885c.pngtumblr_ph2zpr9fMI1sbxtq7o3_250.png
@setonix
!!! Ja! Alstublieft! Laten ons samen leren! :3 !!

Hoe ver ben je in Duolingo? Ik ben bijna voltooid met hoofdstuk vier. Ik gebruik ook mango.com en anki om nieuwe woorden te leren.

Wat gebruik je voor leren? Ik lees elke dag een artikel en luister muziek maar ik kan het niet begrijpen. :(

Is jouw cursus door school? Ik heb een par maanden geleden een cursus gevolgd. Hij was goed.

:3 I don't know if much of this is correct... But I really just need someone to practice talking to so I start writing and thinking in dutch. I would love to exchange resources.
@setonix
!!! Ja! Alstublieft! Laten ons samen leren! :3 !!

Hoe ver ben je in Duolingo? Ik ben bijna voltooid met hoofdstuk vier. Ik gebruik ook mango.com en anki om nieuwe woorden te leren.

Wat gebruik je voor leren? Ik lees elke dag een artikel en luister muziek maar ik kan het niet begrijpen. :(

Is jouw cursus door school? Ik heb een par maanden geleden een cursus gevolgd. Hij was goed.

:3 I don't know if much of this is correct... But I really just need someone to practice talking to so I start writing and thinking in dutch. I would love to exchange resources.
C5gD3QO.gif
TPONzCn.png
This is so cool! Hi everyone :)

First Language: English
Second Lnaguage: Welsh (Semi-Fleunt)
Target Languages: Welsh(I'd love to become fluent in it), Russian, Italian, Japanese and Greek.

Through karate, I've learned the odd few words of Japanese, and it's quite a lovely language so I'd love to learn more. Russian and Italian are both languages I've been exposed to through one of my roleplays and I really want to learn how to read/write/speak these languages for myself. With Greek, I've recently found myself in love with Greek mythology and it just feels like such a good idea to learn the language itself along with its mythology.
This is so cool! Hi everyone :)

First Language: English
Second Lnaguage: Welsh (Semi-Fleunt)
Target Languages: Welsh(I'd love to become fluent in it), Russian, Italian, Japanese and Greek.

Through karate, I've learned the odd few words of Japanese, and it's quite a lovely language so I'd love to learn more. Russian and Italian are both languages I've been exposed to through one of my roleplays and I really want to learn how to read/write/speak these languages for myself. With Greek, I've recently found myself in love with Greek mythology and it just feels like such a good idea to learn the language itself along with its mythology.
Loving life and loving food :p

FR +8 hours.

My favourite genres to roleplay in right now are Action, Fantasy and Supernatural. If you would like to roleplay with me, please feel free to either inbox message me or post a comment on my profile :)
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 35 36