Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Language-Learning, Exchange & Resources
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
@Xionahri

Well, I'm Dutch so if you want a buddy to talk to, I'd love to be that buddy :)
also I'm desperately looking for some friends
@Xionahri

Well, I'm Dutch so if you want a buddy to talk to, I'd love to be that buddy :)
also I'm desperately looking for some friends
egg_ice.png vistafestival_6.png egg_ice.png vistafestival_6.png egg_ice.png vistafestival_6.png egg_ice.png vistafestival_6.png egg_ice.png vistafestival_6.png egg_ice.png vistafestival_6.png egg_ice.png
@Kart

That sounds nice. Can't think of anything I want to talk about at the moment, but I'll keep you in mind.
@Kart

That sounds nice. Can't think of anything I want to talk about at the moment, but I'll keep you in mind.
1st Language: Spanish (native)
2nd Language: English
Other languages (if applicable): Just a little bit of French, but not enough to hold a conversation.
Target-Language + Skill Level: Become fluent in French. I'm interested in japanese too!

I took 2 years of french in elementary school and 3 in middle school, but because of subject selection problems I couldn't continue studying French. I've been struggling with not knowing where to start again, since I've forgotten almost everything that I had learned. Improving my English is a goal too. I've been stuck for quite some time without feeling any improvement (mostly vocabulary) and school doesn't help either (all the middle school years felt like a reminder of everything that I had already learned without learning anything new, and so did this one)

My hobbies include learning about anything, though I'm most passionate about biology, languages and music since recently. And art too! I love to draw all kinds of creatures, be they real or mythological.

By the way, does anyone know a precise way to measure language level? I've no idea where I should put myself in English. Thanks in advance!
1st Language: Spanish (native)
2nd Language: English
Other languages (if applicable): Just a little bit of French, but not enough to hold a conversation.
Target-Language + Skill Level: Become fluent in French. I'm interested in japanese too!

I took 2 years of french in elementary school and 3 in middle school, but because of subject selection problems I couldn't continue studying French. I've been struggling with not knowing where to start again, since I've forgotten almost everything that I had learned. Improving my English is a goal too. I've been stuck for quite some time without feeling any improvement (mostly vocabulary) and school doesn't help either (all the middle school years felt like a reminder of everything that I had already learned without learning anything new, and so did this one)

My hobbies include learning about anything, though I'm most passionate about biology, languages and music since recently. And art too! I love to draw all kinds of creatures, be they real or mythological.

By the way, does anyone know a precise way to measure language level? I've no idea where I should put myself in English. Thanks in advance!
wb_aeth.png
ZbNAjCO.png
hh5n4WA.png
dEe2UrM.png
mjtJ868.png       
LGvol4P.png
AFDqeiv.gif
Been a while since I posted here!

I got a chance to go to Hamburg with work and it was awesome, def one my favourite places I’ve visited. I’d love to see more of Germany. I also had a few basic German conversations too and the locals as well as some native speakers on the following cruise and they were really great and supportive about it. It was great to get some spoken practice in because I’m seriously lacking in that department. Rn a lot of my holes are in pronounciation and actually speaking the language so I’m wondering if it’s worth looking for a tutor in absence of a German speaking friend.

I’ve cracked Accusative and Dative case just about, trying to get my head around verb endings and perfekt tense rn. Genitive case just isn’t making sense. I’m still confused by word order but starting to get it in my head.

I’m trying to find a good flash card iOS app that’s free/cheap but easy to add my own cards. Something like Duolingo or Memrise but for personal vocab. I’ve picked up a load of words recently but due to work I’ve only got a notepad to put it in so I’m not maintaining what I’ve learnt. I’d be really greatful for any recs!

I’ve also been picking up odd words of Tagalog from colleagues/friends too, I’d like to learn it properly!
Been a while since I posted here!

I got a chance to go to Hamburg with work and it was awesome, def one my favourite places I’ve visited. I’d love to see more of Germany. I also had a few basic German conversations too and the locals as well as some native speakers on the following cruise and they were really great and supportive about it. It was great to get some spoken practice in because I’m seriously lacking in that department. Rn a lot of my holes are in pronounciation and actually speaking the language so I’m wondering if it’s worth looking for a tutor in absence of a German speaking friend.

I’ve cracked Accusative and Dative case just about, trying to get my head around verb endings and perfekt tense rn. Genitive case just isn’t making sense. I’m still confused by word order but starting to get it in my head.

I’m trying to find a good flash card iOS app that’s free/cheap but easy to add my own cards. Something like Duolingo or Memrise but for personal vocab. I’ve picked up a load of words recently but due to work I’ve only got a notepad to put it in so I’m not maintaining what I’ve learnt. I’d be really greatful for any recs!

I’ve also been picking up odd words of Tagalog from colleagues/friends too, I’d like to learn it properly!
tumblr_pquf5x7lT91soemy4_250.png 27 / ISTJ / NB / FR+8

I draw things!
Toyhouse
Tumblr
Twitter
Services Offering:
Coli grinding & fodder leveling
@Naahva

Hi all!
My first language is English and I’m a fluent native speaker.
My second language I’m currently progressing on is Lithuanian. I’d consider myself a beginning/intermediate level, I’ve grown up around it from my family and I’m currently in Lithuania to experience the language and culture for myself. I’ve been here nearly a month now! Just today the new president of Lithuania was augurated, and in a couple hours I will attend my brother’s wedding.
My third language I’m working on is Norwegian. My grandmother is from Norway and I will soon be spending time there as well! I’d consider myself beginner but soon to be intermediate. Compared to other languages I find it incredibly easy, especially since it’s so similar to English.
My fourth language I’m working on is Russian. Because of Soviet influence, my Lithuanian roots also speak Russian, and I am only some Russian myself. My family on that side speaks a mix of Lithuanian and Russian. Given the difficulty of the language I’m just a beginner, and I know more of these other three languages than I do Russian. Still, I can say a lot of sentences and foods and can read Cyrillic, albeit slowly.
My fifth language is Hebrew. I have Jewish roots dating from Holocaust complications and much farther back than that. It is an incredibly INCREDIBLY difficult language, particularly with the alphabet, vowel signs, backward reading, etc. I’m a newbie but hopefully I’ll be able to figure out the alphabet sometime.

Soooo those are my current languages but I’ve also hopped around from others in the past. However, I can probably share those too at a later date when I’m more involved in them. I’m surprised I only just now saw this forum! I love language learning!

Please set me on a pinglist for the languages Lithuanian, Norwegian, Russian, and Hebrew. :) Thanks so much!
@Naahva

Hi all!
My first language is English and I’m a fluent native speaker.
My second language I’m currently progressing on is Lithuanian. I’d consider myself a beginning/intermediate level, I’ve grown up around it from my family and I’m currently in Lithuania to experience the language and culture for myself. I’ve been here nearly a month now! Just today the new president of Lithuania was augurated, and in a couple hours I will attend my brother’s wedding.
My third language I’m working on is Norwegian. My grandmother is from Norway and I will soon be spending time there as well! I’d consider myself beginner but soon to be intermediate. Compared to other languages I find it incredibly easy, especially since it’s so similar to English.
My fourth language I’m working on is Russian. Because of Soviet influence, my Lithuanian roots also speak Russian, and I am only some Russian myself. My family on that side speaks a mix of Lithuanian and Russian. Given the difficulty of the language I’m just a beginner, and I know more of these other three languages than I do Russian. Still, I can say a lot of sentences and foods and can read Cyrillic, albeit slowly.
My fifth language is Hebrew. I have Jewish roots dating from Holocaust complications and much farther back than that. It is an incredibly INCREDIBLY difficult language, particularly with the alphabet, vowel signs, backward reading, etc. I’m a newbie but hopefully I’ll be able to figure out the alphabet sometime.

Soooo those are my current languages but I’ve also hopped around from others in the past. However, I can probably share those too at a later date when I’m more involved in them. I’m surprised I only just now saw this forum! I love language learning!

Please set me on a pinglist for the languages Lithuanian, Norwegian, Russian, and Hebrew. :) Thanks so much!
Waiting 24/7 for death's sweet release (of their next hot mixtape of course)
1st language - Russian
2nd language - English
Almost fluently speak it. Im now working on grammar and vocabulary. I download all books for free from different sites and torrents to improve my skills
3rd language - German. Ive been studying this language for a year but I can already read books in German. But I have never spoken to a German guy or someone who can speak German, so I have probs with speaking
1st language - Russian
2nd language - English
Almost fluently speak it. Im now working on grammar and vocabulary. I download all books for free from different sites and torrents to improve my skills
3rd language - German. Ive been studying this language for a year but I can already read books in German. But I have never spoken to a German guy or someone who can speak German, so I have probs with speaking
(posting so i can find this later~)
(posting so i can find this later~)
+3 FR Time
[url=]Art Shop![/url] (*under reconstruction)
Art trades (open!)

Tumblr (most active)
Insta
Artfight
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
FRSSAT2020_Banner_Btn.png
Oooh hello! Languages are amazing ehehe. I'm pretty motivated, though - and least concerning speaking - not exactly talented. My native language is German - to be exact, Austrian German. When I try to sound like a German I sound more like a Turkish person trying to talk German, or as if I was mocking them. I was in Germany for the first time this summer and I've never felt more awkward when talking, and also, people were so nice it was almost scary XD
My second language is English. My mum tried to teach me a bit of it before kindergarten, but I was too stupid to remember more than a few toys and animals. The native speakers at elementary school were way too confusing, so I've been learning it effectively since middle school, but only really started actively using it outside of school a bit more than a year ago. Needless to say, although I don't have a thick accent, I still hate it.
I've been learning French at school for six years now, and talking that ine is even more difficult. I have a terrible German accent, but compared to my extreme difficulties speaking it I'm rather good at writing - keep in mind, I've never been to any French-speaking country either so I don't have "real" experience, except for talking to professional native speakers.
Four years ago I started learning learning Latin at school. Well, what can I say, we don't really speak it XD but yep, I like it. Though when it comes to translating it's sort of a luck-thing - either I'm completely overchallenged or everything's easy XD
I learned Spanish at school in 12th and 13th grade - I haven't used it often since then, unfortunately. The lessons weren't exactly my things, and I had a terrible Russian accent at first. It's become a bit better though XD
A year ago I started learning Dutch on my own, first using Duolingo, then I implemented it into my daily life and it definitely feels better to talk it than French. I've managed to reduce my German accent (which sounded really horrible), and I guess although I'm not really focusing on it it's quite fine at the moment :P
Then there's Polish. I started learning it to not be completely clueless when my sister was learning Ukrainian, and my mum understood a bit because she used to learn Russian when she was younger. Pronouncing everything is of course still difficult for me, but it feels more natural than most other languages. I can't actually communicate in Polish yet, but I hope I'll get there some time.
Some side note: I know the cyrillic alphabet (at least the Ukrainian version, Russian is... not really automatical yet and very confusing), but whenever I read something out loud my sister complains about my Polish accent. Oops oops.

So, that's it from me, now I'm gonna read about some of your experiences :P
Oooh hello! Languages are amazing ehehe. I'm pretty motivated, though - and least concerning speaking - not exactly talented. My native language is German - to be exact, Austrian German. When I try to sound like a German I sound more like a Turkish person trying to talk German, or as if I was mocking them. I was in Germany for the first time this summer and I've never felt more awkward when talking, and also, people were so nice it was almost scary XD
My second language is English. My mum tried to teach me a bit of it before kindergarten, but I was too stupid to remember more than a few toys and animals. The native speakers at elementary school were way too confusing, so I've been learning it effectively since middle school, but only really started actively using it outside of school a bit more than a year ago. Needless to say, although I don't have a thick accent, I still hate it.
I've been learning French at school for six years now, and talking that ine is even more difficult. I have a terrible German accent, but compared to my extreme difficulties speaking it I'm rather good at writing - keep in mind, I've never been to any French-speaking country either so I don't have "real" experience, except for talking to professional native speakers.
Four years ago I started learning learning Latin at school. Well, what can I say, we don't really speak it XD but yep, I like it. Though when it comes to translating it's sort of a luck-thing - either I'm completely overchallenged or everything's easy XD
I learned Spanish at school in 12th and 13th grade - I haven't used it often since then, unfortunately. The lessons weren't exactly my things, and I had a terrible Russian accent at first. It's become a bit better though XD
A year ago I started learning Dutch on my own, first using Duolingo, then I implemented it into my daily life and it definitely feels better to talk it than French. I've managed to reduce my German accent (which sounded really horrible), and I guess although I'm not really focusing on it it's quite fine at the moment :P
Then there's Polish. I started learning it to not be completely clueless when my sister was learning Ukrainian, and my mum understood a bit because she used to learn Russian when she was younger. Pronouncing everything is of course still difficult for me, but it feels more natural than most other languages. I can't actually communicate in Polish yet, but I hope I'll get there some time.
Some side note: I know the cyrillic alphabet (at least the Ukrainian version, Russian is... not really automatical yet and very confusing), but whenever I read something out loud my sister complains about my Polish accent. Oops oops.

So, that's it from me, now I'm gonna read about some of your experiences :P
P(I have enough dragons)=1/9999999999999999999999999999^9999999
It's a bad obsession, it's always messing, it's always messing my lair
News about my dragons
[quote name="RUHX" date="2019-07-11 15:58:32" ] I’ve cracked Accusative and Dative case just about, trying to get my head around verb endings and perfekt tense rn. Genitive case just isn’t making sense. I’m still confused by word order but starting to get it in my head. [/quote] Oh don't worry, native German speakers like Herbert Prohaska and Franz Krankl (apparently mainly footballers? XD) might have more problems than you. The first one I've mentioned keeps confusing dative and accusative while the second one often uses dative for everything except for nominative. Apart from that, you might know, but I don't know if you do, there's that thing with dative taking over genitive prepositions - some are now accepted, some are still wrong but used by many people.
RUHX wrote on 2019-07-11 15:58:32:

Oh don't worry, native German speakers like Herbert Prohaska and Franz Krankl (apparently mainly footballers? XD) might have more problems than you. The first one I've mentioned keeps confusing dative and accusative while the second one often uses dative for everything except for nominative. Apart from that, you might know, but I don't know if you do, there's that thing with dative taking over genitive prepositions - some are now accepted, some are still wrong but used by many people.
P(I have enough dragons)=1/9999999999999999999999999999^9999999
It's a bad obsession, it's always messing, it's always messing my lair
News about my dragons
@ComfortZone Wow that's an impressive bunch of languages! I feel like I am not really aware of my accent when speaking in other languages, you have a very good ear.
@ComfortZone Wow that's an impressive bunch of languages! I feel like I am not really aware of my accent when speaking in other languages, you have a very good ear.
2-100.png cyclonebadge_by_roraima99-d9eag0l.pngcapture61_by_zaelum-d9oi1nl.pngPJUJhjg.pnglYEUG48.pngCLNrLrC.pngrm9yNEZ.png9MrYbid.pngHtV4l6v.pngui0xQPS.pngI33TcOG.pngNqnGiVx.pngvx0arYx.pngPovrYRj.pngOJR7cTF.pngHDnZafa.png
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36