Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Art pet peeves?
1 2 3 4 5
WHEN YOU FORGET TO ADD A NEW LAYER AND START DOING LINEART ON THE SKETCH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
WHEN YOU FORGET TO ADD A NEW LAYER AND START DOING LINEART ON THE SKETCH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HpBICfc.gif
» about me
» commissions
WHEN U FORGOT U HAD PROTECTED ALPHA AND HAD BEEN FURIOUSLY POKING THE SCREEN FOR A BIJILLION TIMES
WHEN SOMEONE CHEWS WITH THEIR MOUTH OPEN
WHEN SOMEONE STANDS ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ESCALATOR AND U NEEDA RUN UP SO BAD
WHEN PPL TRY TOO HARD TO BE FUNNY
WHEN U FORGOT U HAD PROTECTED ALPHA AND HAD BEEN FURIOUSLY POKING THE SCREEN FOR A BIJILLION TIMES
WHEN SOMEONE CHEWS WITH THEIR MOUTH OPEN
WHEN SOMEONE STANDS ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ESCALATOR AND U NEEDA RUN UP SO BAD
WHEN PPL TRY TOO HARD TO BE FUNNY
meep
All of it

Honestly, that no matter how hard I try I've never reached the level I want. :/ Just gotta keep trying, but the fact I don't enjoy my own style sometimes makes it painful
All of it

Honestly, that no matter how hard I try I've never reached the level I want. :/ Just gotta keep trying, but the fact I don't enjoy my own style sometimes makes it painful
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
I can do stuff in traditional in 5 minutes but to do the same in digital? Eeeeh dude, count up to 20 minutes. Also my lines never look at goes especially since my pression doesn't work anymore.
Also:
- limbs. What do I do with them?? i can draw them but in what position? ._.
- Background? What are those
- h a n d s
I can do stuff in traditional in 5 minutes but to do the same in digital? Eeeeh dude, count up to 20 minutes. Also my lines never look at goes especially since my pression doesn't work anymore.
Also:
- limbs. What do I do with them?? i can draw them but in what position? ._.
- Background? What are those
- h a n d s
stare_by_addmedia-d763984.giffo07.pngstare_by_addmedia-d763984.gif
[quote name="LapisDragon17718" date="2018-04-20 12:55:15" ] Me: *draws something I think looks good* Someone else: *draws something much better* Me: *looks at own artwork and cries inside* That's pretty much my art life. Also the other eye. The other eye is painful. [/quote] pretty much sums it up for me lol
LapisDragon17718 wrote on 2018-04-20 12:55:15:
Me: *draws something I think looks good*

Someone else: *draws something much better*

Me: *looks at own artwork and cries inside*

That's pretty much my art life. Also the other eye. The other eye is painful.

pretty much sums it up for me lol
RpJRPaD.png
uGR9lra.png
EuyQ8QK.png
QuQZYv7.png
a
- the tablet deciding to be a bit of a jerk and make you reinstall the driver/constantly unplug the cord and back again to hopefully finally make it work again

- drawing on the wrong layer

- not being able to stop sketching in ANYTHING during school but never having motivation to draw anything once home on pc, you know, when you'd be actually able to do something proper and not just HEAD AND SHOULDERS(TM)

- family/classmates asking what you're drawing, like........ah

- redoing the sketch or lineart 1000 times but still not being able to make it look good, and not knowing why it seems off

- the horror of your eyes snapping open in the middle of the night, thinking DID I TURN OFF MY PEN and knowing you did, because you always do, but did you? did you really?
- the tablet deciding to be a bit of a jerk and make you reinstall the driver/constantly unplug the cord and back again to hopefully finally make it work again

- drawing on the wrong layer

- not being able to stop sketching in ANYTHING during school but never having motivation to draw anything once home on pc, you know, when you'd be actually able to do something proper and not just HEAD AND SHOULDERS(TM)

- family/classmates asking what you're drawing, like........ah

- redoing the sketch or lineart 1000 times but still not being able to make it look good, and not knowing why it seems off

- the horror of your eyes snapping open in the middle of the night, thinking DID I TURN OFF MY PEN and knowing you did, because you always do, but did you? did you really?
................................... .
MUYNhfy.png
dEe2UrM.png

5hF3FGk.png
... jdlAmNx.gif ... .
Np4NxIR.png
HZSRMw5.png
nL26Ewd.png
OK OK I know this sounds really dumb
but
I
hate
sketching
Maybe its because I draw digitally, but sketching is way too much work for me. Usually whenever I "sketch" it (1 smooth line) it ends up looking really good and I use it for lineart, but if I sketch normally then it looks too rough to use as actual lineart even though it looks better than the lineart ill probably put on top of it

I joined a sketch map and it was actually harder to make it look like it was sketched than it was to make it look nice aAAAA
Also drawing animals at a 3/4 view (to where both eyes are visible)
Its too hard
Plus I hate my style of art so that definitely doesn't help
OK OK I know this sounds really dumb
but
I
hate
sketching
Maybe its because I draw digitally, but sketching is way too much work for me. Usually whenever I "sketch" it (1 smooth line) it ends up looking really good and I use it for lineart, but if I sketch normally then it looks too rough to use as actual lineart even though it looks better than the lineart ill probably put on top of it

I joined a sketch map and it was actually harder to make it look like it was sketched than it was to make it look nice aAAAA
Also drawing animals at a 3/4 view (to where both eyes are visible)
Its too hard
Plus I hate my style of art so that definitely doesn't help
clickity_click.gif
WHEN SOMEONE WALKS INTO MY ROOM AND LEAVES WITHOUT CLOSING THE DOOR WHEN I'M DRAWING OFC-
WHEN SOMEONE WALKS INTO MY ROOM AND LEAVES WITHOUT CLOSING THE DOOR WHEN I'M DRAWING OFC-
wMQh5dd.png
hands frustrate me. sure, im way better now than i was before, but its still so freakin frustrating when it takes like 10 times to get it right.

also my lack of a consistent eye style! i see so many artists who draw their eyes similar enough that you know its a style, but i draw cartooney eyes on some, some anime, some more realistic, all in the same drawing. i feel like it ruins my art :(

also paint scares me sooo much. i want to try painting really badly but it scares me! the only things i really use are ink and pencils, and i know i should try branching out, but everything scares me. ive gotten to used to pencils and ink to try new things
hands frustrate me. sure, im way better now than i was before, but its still so freakin frustrating when it takes like 10 times to get it right.

also my lack of a consistent eye style! i see so many artists who draw their eyes similar enough that you know its a style, but i draw cartooney eyes on some, some anime, some more realistic, all in the same drawing. i feel like it ruins my art :(

also paint scares me sooo much. i want to try painting really badly but it scares me! the only things i really use are ink and pencils, and i know i should try branching out, but everything scares me. ive gotten to used to pencils and ink to try new things
GONasSc.png
[quote name="Reefknot" date="2018-04-21 06:16:26" ] [quote name="LapisDragon17718" date="2018-04-20 12:55:15" ] Me: *draws something I think looks good* Someone else: *draws something much better* Me: *looks at own artwork and cries inside* That's pretty much my art life. Also the other eye. The other eye is painful. [/quote] pretty much sums it up for me lol [/quote] :(
Reefknot wrote on 2018-04-21 06:16:26:
LapisDragon17718 wrote on 2018-04-20 12:55:15:
Me: *draws something I think looks good*

Someone else: *draws something much better*

Me: *looks at own artwork and cries inside*

That's pretty much my art life. Also the other eye. The other eye is painful.

pretty much sums it up for me lol

:(
1 2 3 4 5