Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Is Hollow Knight fun?
I just binge bought it because I saw some of the art, as well as a controller. (My wallet is dying. I should never be on my computer at night.) But it looks super cute, and I don't know what to expect??
I just binge bought it because I saw some of the art, as well as a controller. (My wallet is dying. I should never be on my computer at night.) But it looks super cute, and I don't know what to expect??
always lurking. g1 collector
373.gif401.gif
Oof. I've got 106% in the game, and lemme tell you, this game isn't afraid to twist your arm hard if you try and bumrush it- it's definitely a game that you gotta go slow with

It's a vicious game, but it's not unfair- one of those games with smooth-as-butter controls that I adore. It's a Metroidvania, to the very definition! Large expansive map, a good amount of scaling challenge as you venture through the game with a slew of upgrades to get with your character

Long game as well, if you don't know exactly where to go and take your time exploring (Which I highly suggest, the game drips with lore in every crack and crevice)- took me 30 hours to get where I am in it, and I'm eagerly awaiting the next (free!) DLC to come out, called Gods and Glory! It's coming out sometime in the next few months

Long/short of it:
-Hard, you may get stuck, but not unfair when you learn it, and learning is fun and natural throughout

-AMAAAAZINNNGGG art, all hand-drawn, and the OST is stunning (The boss music from "The Grimm Troupe" section of the game is mind-blowingly amazing)

-Nice and long, but not painfully so

-The characters are to diiieee for, I love them so much

(EDIT: Oh God its fun. It's so much fun. Join me in Bug Heck if you like these sorta hard platformer games)
Oof. I've got 106% in the game, and lemme tell you, this game isn't afraid to twist your arm hard if you try and bumrush it- it's definitely a game that you gotta go slow with

It's a vicious game, but it's not unfair- one of those games with smooth-as-butter controls that I adore. It's a Metroidvania, to the very definition! Large expansive map, a good amount of scaling challenge as you venture through the game with a slew of upgrades to get with your character

Long game as well, if you don't know exactly where to go and take your time exploring (Which I highly suggest, the game drips with lore in every crack and crevice)- took me 30 hours to get where I am in it, and I'm eagerly awaiting the next (free!) DLC to come out, called Gods and Glory! It's coming out sometime in the next few months

Long/short of it:
-Hard, you may get stuck, but not unfair when you learn it, and learning is fun and natural throughout

-AMAAAAZINNNGGG art, all hand-drawn, and the OST is stunning (The boss music from "The Grimm Troupe" section of the game is mind-blowingly amazing)

-Nice and long, but not painfully so

-The characters are to diiieee for, I love them so much

(EDIT: Oh God its fun. It's so much fun. Join me in Bug Heck if you like these sorta hard platformer games)
image.png