Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any jurassic World fans?
1 2
*hides au fanfics behind my back*
*hides au fanfics behind my back*
Rushes in slamming doors behind him, thrusting his dino collection forward. I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED.
Rushes in slamming doors behind him, thrusting his dino collection forward. I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED.
bEvLAND.png
Don't care for Jurassic World, but the original Jurassic Park is amazing. And I'm sure I'm one of the very few on this site who is old enough to have seen it when it was theaters. Mr. DNA has always been my favorite part. That cartoon was magical to me as a child, really appealed to my love of science. And as I grew older, I learned to love and appreciate how accurate and detailed the science in the movie IS. Chaos theory, genetics, lysine contingency. I have a Jurassic Park-themed dragon in my lair named Lysine. I'm excited to see the new movie because of how Malcolm makes a return. He's definitely my favorite character in the first one. I loved how he was a mathematician, a profession you'd expect to be boring, but had such coolness and style.
Don't care for Jurassic World, but the original Jurassic Park is amazing. And I'm sure I'm one of the very few on this site who is old enough to have seen it when it was theaters. Mr. DNA has always been my favorite part. That cartoon was magical to me as a child, really appealed to my love of science. And as I grew older, I learned to love and appreciate how accurate and detailed the science in the movie IS. Chaos theory, genetics, lysine contingency. I have a Jurassic Park-themed dragon in my lair named Lysine. I'm excited to see the new movie because of how Malcolm makes a return. He's definitely my favorite character in the first one. I loved how he was a mathematician, a profession you'd expect to be boring, but had such coolness and style.
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
This might be a long shot but I run a dino lovers discord. would either of you be interested?
@Hypercoaster (love the guard btw) @Kushana03
This might be a long shot but I run a dino lovers discord. would either of you be interested?
@Hypercoaster (love the guard btw) @Kushana03
bEvLAND.png
Perhaps. Not one for discord.

@Arkboi I have found my people.

@Hypercoaster Agreed. JP is the way to go. I just love the raptor squad. And yessss, IAN MALCOLM! (one of my OCs may be related to him...heheh). Also, I've read both books.
Perhaps. Not one for discord.

@Arkboi I have found my people.

@Hypercoaster Agreed. JP is the way to go. I just love the raptor squad. And yessss, IAN MALCOLM! (one of my OCs may be related to him...heheh). Also, I've read both books.
I read both books as well. I also have a fb post somewhere floating around with 60+ comments about dinosaurs and links to more facts. I love them.
I read both books as well. I also have a fb post somewhere floating around with 60+ comments about dinosaurs and links to more facts. I love them.
bEvLAND.png
Fun fact- when I was in 7th grade, we did this grade-wide project called "Mock Trial" based on Jurassic Park. Every student was given a role, and there was a "jury" and "trial" to see if Hammond would be convicted of negligence. Some students played for the defense, others for the prosecution. I was given the role of molecular biologist, a former employee of Hammond's. I had to "testify" for the defense. One of the parts I had to research for the project was what lysine was and how it was used as a safety control in the park. That project is when I first learned what an amino acid was. I had never heard of lysine before, outside of the movie, and I didn't understand that part in the movie until that project. I didn't truly understand what amino acids did until my 10th grade biology class, but that project was my introduction. I'll always remember that. And now I actually am a scientist and can understand molecular biology, so that's cool.
Fun fact- when I was in 7th grade, we did this grade-wide project called "Mock Trial" based on Jurassic Park. Every student was given a role, and there was a "jury" and "trial" to see if Hammond would be convicted of negligence. Some students played for the defense, others for the prosecution. I was given the role of molecular biologist, a former employee of Hammond's. I had to "testify" for the defense. One of the parts I had to research for the project was what lysine was and how it was used as a safety control in the park. That project is when I first learned what an amino acid was. I had never heard of lysine before, outside of the movie, and I didn't understand that part in the movie until that project. I didn't truly understand what amino acids did until my 10th grade biology class, but that project was my introduction. I'll always remember that. And now I actually am a scientist and can understand molecular biology, so that's cool.
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
That's amazing! Jurassic Park and JW are what made me decide I want to go into paleontology when I can afford to go to school.
That's amazing! Jurassic Park and JW are what made me decide I want to go into paleontology when I can afford to go to school.
bEvLAND.png
Yeah....I have too many gene splicing/supersoldier JP AUs.

Just because I can doesn't mean I should. But screw it, I'mma live my life. I'll find a way.

Any of y'all like Night Vale?

I did a project about the special effects in 6th grade (I'm in 8th), called The Evolution of Jurassic Park
Yeah....I have too many gene splicing/supersoldier JP AUs.

Just because I can doesn't mean I should. But screw it, I'mma live my life. I'll find a way.

Any of y'all like Night Vale?

I did a project about the special effects in 6th grade (I'm in 8th), called The Evolution of Jurassic Park
I have no idea what Night Vale is, sorry.
I have no idea what Night Vale is, sorry.
bEvLAND.png
1 2