Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | ~♦Daily Spaceflight Images♦~
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16
[b]Day 37: 15 February 2018[/b] @VincentAnderlin @kallimabutterfly @NotarySojac @Firra @BezimiennyRaptor @Cunea @Kirmon64 @RainbowRay @SpottedSorex @OMGAKITTEN @NoDragonHere @TeenyTinyDragon @TheEngineer @clockworkEntity @Endeavour @Sciencin @MarshmallowMatey @Afflatedartist @dragonscales232 [img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/fc/52/ec/fc52ec83e6d57add8a1ab6042a96cdf8.jpg[/img] Today's Roger Chaffee's birthday! I may or may not have picked this particular picture because of how damn fine he looks. <3 Roger was one of the astronauts who died in the Apollo 1 fire. He'd be turning 83 today.
Day 37: 15 February 2018

@VincentAnderlin @kallimabutterfly @NotarySojac @Firra @BezimiennyRaptor @Cunea @Kirmon64 @RainbowRay @SpottedSorex @OMGAKITTEN @NoDragonHere @TeenyTinyDragon @TheEngineer @clockworkEntity @Endeavour @Sciencin @MarshmallowMatey @Afflatedartist @dragonscales232

fc52ec83e6d57add8a1ab6042a96cdf8.jpg

Today's Roger Chaffee's birthday! I may or may not have picked this particular picture because of how damn fine he looks. <3

Roger was one of the astronauts who died in the Apollo 1 fire. He'd be turning 83 today.
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
.np7f4Fm.png current icon:
NUuorfS.png .
Today, for the first time, I felt compelled to poke my head in and see what was going on in the General Discussion forums.
And among the top 4 or so topics, I see people talking about tieflings in one thread and spaceflight in another, and I say to myself:
How have I never come here before?

Pinglist please.
Today, for the first time, I felt compelled to poke my head in and see what was going on in the General Discussion forums.
And among the top 4 or so topics, I see people talking about tieflings in one thread and spaceflight in another, and I say to myself:
How have I never come here before?

Pinglist please.
J38Qco1.pngP6JoUOV.png9qpbqeR.png
@VincentAnderlin @kallimabutterfly @NotarySojac @Firra @BezimiennyRaptor @Cunea @Kirmon64 @RainbowRay @SpottedSorex @OMGAKITTEN @NoDragonHere @TeenyTinyDragon @TheEngineer @clockworkEntity @Endeavour @Sciencin @MarshmallowMatey @Afflatedartist @dragonscales232 @Paladingineer Hey guys, I'm super super sick, so sorry for no post yesterday! I'll post two images today to make up for it. [b]Day 38: 16 February 2018[/b] [img]https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a13/a13LSM1_25000geology.jpg[/img] A map of the planned Apollo 13 landing site in the Fra Mauro highlands. The grid lines are 250 meters apart. The white overlayed illustrations denote craters' rims and ejecta blankets, as well as ridges and depressions. [b]Day 39: 17 February 2018[/b] [img]https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a13/ap13-KSC-70PC-76.jpg[/img] Lunar Module Pilot Fred Haise working in the LM simulator in preperation for the mission. Well, he'd be flying the LM... Just... You know... Not where it's supposed to go. Both of these images were accessed from NASA's Apollo 13 Image Library.
@VincentAnderlin @kallimabutterfly @NotarySojac @Firra @BezimiennyRaptor @Cunea @Kirmon64 @RainbowRay @SpottedSorex @OMGAKITTEN @NoDragonHere @TeenyTinyDragon @TheEngineer @clockworkEntity @Endeavour @Sciencin @MarshmallowMatey @Afflatedartist @dragonscales232 @Paladingineer

Hey guys, I'm super super sick, so sorry for no post yesterday! I'll post two images today to make up for it.

Day 38: 16 February 2018

a13LSM1_25000geology.jpg

A map of the planned Apollo 13 landing site in the Fra Mauro highlands. The grid lines are 250 meters apart. The white overlayed illustrations denote craters' rims and ejecta blankets, as well as ridges and depressions.

Day 39: 17 February 2018

ap13-KSC-70PC-76.jpg

Lunar Module Pilot Fred Haise working in the LM simulator in preperation for the mission. Well, he'd be flying the LM... Just... You know... Not where it's supposed to go.

Both of these images were accessed from NASA's Apollo 13 Image Library.
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
NUuorfS.png .
@GuidanceOfficer
I hope you feel better soon!
In the meantime, thank you for this thread, every new post puts a smile on my face :)
@GuidanceOfficer
I hope you feel better soon!
In the meantime, thank you for this thread, every new post puts a smile on my face :)
eLAndXa.png FooterAds.gif
Gary was here, Ash is a loser
2OTuj7X.png I hoard black orpingtons and black-capped chickadees!
@GuidanceOfficer
Aw, I hope you feel better soon!
@GuidanceOfficer
Aw, I hope you feel better soon!
[b]Day 40: 18 February 2018[/b] @VincentAnderlin @kallimabutterfly @NotarySojac @Firra @BezimiennyRaptor @Cunea @Kirmon64 @RainbowRay @SpottedSorex @OMGAKITTEN @NoDragonHere @TeenyTinyDragon @TheEngineer @clockworkEntity @Endeavour @Sciencin @MarshmallowMatey @Afflatedartist @dragonscales232 @Paladingineer [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/222562091792465920/415028383836012564/pretty_boi_again.jpg[/img] John Young making the same face I make when I look at a Space Shuttle. <3 As the commander of Columbia's maiden flight, he would know firsthand exactly how beautiful they are.
Day 40: 18 February 2018

@VincentAnderlin @kallimabutterfly @NotarySojac @Firra @BezimiennyRaptor @Cunea @Kirmon64 @RainbowRay @SpottedSorex @OMGAKITTEN @NoDragonHere @TeenyTinyDragon @TheEngineer @clockworkEntity @Endeavour @Sciencin @MarshmallowMatey @Afflatedartist @dragonscales232 @Paladingineer

pretty_boi_again.jpg

John Young making the same face I make when I look at a Space Shuttle. <3 As the commander of Columbia's maiden flight, he would know firsthand exactly how beautiful they are.
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
NUuorfS.png .
[b]Day 41: 19 February 2018[/b] @VincentAnderlin @kallimabutterfly @NotarySojac @Firra @BezimiennyRaptor @Cunea @Kirmon64 @RainbowRay @SpottedSorex @OMGAKITTEN @NoDragonHere @TeenyTinyDragon @TheEngineer @clockworkEntity @Endeavour @Sciencin @MarshmallowMatey @Afflatedartist @dragonscales232 @Paladingineer [img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/ca42bb0e2cabee208b1f45b689a8137b/tumblr_p4di7lgQLq1vj6w6io1_400.jpg[/img] The crew of STS-1, modeling by a miniature Space Shuttle Columbia. On the left is Bob Crippen, on the right John Young. I just... You know? I was trying to decide what image to post today but this one just takes all the cake. I wanted to post an actual spacecraft image but holy damn. I mean, I'm sure some of you are either straight men or lesbians or generally people who are not into guys. But even to y'all: you have to appreciate that they look like MODELS here. Not astronauts. MODELS. Gray suits should NOT look as good as they do here. But like... Bob Crippen's suit jacket is just fitted so FLAWLESSLY here?? And the way John holds himself like he's trying to sell you cologne you and him both know damn well you can't afford? I... Yeah. It's a good image. I'm going to stop talking now because this is FR, but... Sweet Jesus, I am [i]not[/i] a heterosexual, and I am THANKFUL for it.
Day 41: 19 February 2018

tumblr_p4di7lgQLq1vj6w6io1_400.jpg

The crew of STS-1, modeling by a miniature Space Shuttle Columbia. On the left is Bob Crippen, on the right John Young.

I just... You know? I was trying to decide what image to post today but this one just takes all the cake. I wanted to post an actual spacecraft image but holy damn.

I mean, I'm sure some of you are either straight men or lesbians or generally people who are not into guys. But even to y'all: you have to appreciate that they look like MODELS here. Not astronauts. MODELS. Gray suits should NOT look as good as they do here. But like... Bob Crippen's suit jacket is just fitted so FLAWLESSLY here?? And the way John holds himself like he's trying to sell you cologne you and him both know damn well you can't afford? I... Yeah. It's a good image.

I'm going to stop talking now because this is FR, but... Sweet Jesus, I am not a heterosexual, and I am THANKFUL for it.
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
NUuorfS.png .
@GuidanceOfficer
mostly I'm stuck on the way they're looking at each other
not at the model spacecraft, not at the camera, they're just looking at each other very intently
@GuidanceOfficer
mostly I'm stuck on the way they're looking at each other
not at the model spacecraft, not at the camera, they're just looking at each other very intently
MuAIaYM.pngfMJGS3M.png
@kallimabutterfly If I was next to someone as beautiful as either of these men, I wouldn't be looking at the shuttle either. And that's coming from ME.
@kallimabutterfly If I was next to someone as beautiful as either of these men, I wouldn't be looking at the shuttle either. And that's coming from ME.
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
NUuorfS.png .
@GuidanceOfficer
I guess you could say they look... outta this world? ;D
@GuidanceOfficer
I guess you could say they look... outta this world? ;D
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16