Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ever been Called a Gender you Arent?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12
All day everyday 'cause I don't got no gender.

I only ever get called a woman so I get really happy when I get called anything else.
All day everyday 'cause I don't got no gender.

I only ever get called a woman so I get really happy when I get called anything else.
MUYNhfy.png
oczO35g.png
I'm agender, but that's actually not the reason why people misgender me lol. I'm a dmab person, but most people assume I'm a cis girl because I keep my hair long and look young. D:

It's..frustrating. But I can get away with more fashion risks this way so tradeoff, I suppose?
I'm agender, but that's actually not the reason why people misgender me lol. I'm a dmab person, but most people assume I'm a cis girl because I keep my hair long and look young. D:

It's..frustrating. But I can get away with more fashion risks this way so tradeoff, I suppose?
it/its please
I can't remember any situations including me at the top of my head but when I was six, I was friends with a boy who had long, beautiful curly hair and the poor guy was constantly misgendered to the point where he just got sick of it and shaved his head when he hit his teenage years.
I can't remember any situations including me at the top of my head but when I was six, I was friends with a boy who had long, beautiful curly hair and the poor guy was constantly misgendered to the point where he just got sick of it and shaved his head when he hit his teenage years.
bottom text
I dress in masculine/baggy clothes, never wear make up or carry around anything feminine, and dress as The Tenth Doctor every year for Halloween and the Renaissance Festival, so combined with my short hair, I’m occasionally referred to as male. It’s gotten to the point where it’s quite annoying, so I’m growing my hair out a little longer (shoulder length instead of chin length) so the confusion shouldn’t be that severe. At least now I have a better understanding of what it must be like for all y’all transgender folks out there that haven’t gotten surgery yet.

((Yeah, I know the new Doctor is female, but Tennant will always be my favourite. At least the “finally ginger” jokes are fun, haha))

EDIT: As for other people, I always use “they” online unless the person specifically states what pronoun set they use. I’ve also gotten into the habit of refering to The Doctor as “they” when I’m talking collectively about all thirteen (well, fourteen. Well, fifteen). I still need to work on using “they” for people IRL that I’m not familiar with, however. Only in the past few years have I had real experiences with people who are nonbinary, transgender, agender, etc, so my brain is currently wired to use “he” and “she” for people who physically appear to be the respective sex. I’ve also been trying to drop using “he” as a false gender neutral pronoun (which I believe is more of a thing in the English language than most other languages).
I dress in masculine/baggy clothes, never wear make up or carry around anything feminine, and dress as The Tenth Doctor every year for Halloween and the Renaissance Festival, so combined with my short hair, I’m occasionally referred to as male. It’s gotten to the point where it’s quite annoying, so I’m growing my hair out a little longer (shoulder length instead of chin length) so the confusion shouldn’t be that severe. At least now I have a better understanding of what it must be like for all y’all transgender folks out there that haven’t gotten surgery yet.

((Yeah, I know the new Doctor is female, but Tennant will always be my favourite. At least the “finally ginger” jokes are fun, haha))

EDIT: As for other people, I always use “they” online unless the person specifically states what pronoun set they use. I’ve also gotten into the habit of refering to The Doctor as “they” when I’m talking collectively about all thirteen (well, fourteen. Well, fifteen). I still need to work on using “they” for people IRL that I’m not familiar with, however. Only in the past few years have I had real experiences with people who are nonbinary, transgender, agender, etc, so my brain is currently wired to use “he” and “she” for people who physically appear to be the respective sex. I’ve also been trying to drop using “he” as a false gender neutral pronoun (which I believe is more of a thing in the English language than most other languages).
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
I have been quite a few times. I wear a lot of clothing that could be considered boyish and for some reason I guess my voice doesn't quite sound feminine enough. Especially on the internet I'm called a guy. Probably doesn't help that I'm horribly flat chested....

It doesn't bother me too much though. I'm sure it's amusing for some people to call me a guy, and then getting the highest pitched voice that I could muster saying "I'M A GIRL!"
I have been quite a few times. I wear a lot of clothing that could be considered boyish and for some reason I guess my voice doesn't quite sound feminine enough. Especially on the internet I'm called a guy. Probably doesn't help that I'm horribly flat chested....

It doesn't bother me too much though. I'm sure it's amusing for some people to call me a guy, and then getting the highest pitched voice that I could muster saying "I'M A GIRL!"
tumblr_inline_nwugynvqaL1t7d5o3_500.gifAK9GL0e.gif
One of my good friends (met online a year and a half ago, through a discord server) legit thought I was a dude because of the way I would type in chat, even though my handle is Cupcake. xD

I told him eventually, but tbh I've never cared when people assume I'm a guy online. I mostly think it's funny because most of my friends are guys and I pick up my way of talking from them. So it makes sense in a way?
One of my good friends (met online a year and a half ago, through a discord server) legit thought I was a dude because of the way I would type in chat, even though my handle is Cupcake. xD

I told him eventually, but tbh I've never cared when people assume I'm a guy online. I mostly think it's funny because most of my friends are guys and I pick up my way of talking from them. So it makes sense in a way?
SCSgXJH.png
Pixel from here[\url]
  • +2 FR Time
  • They/Them
When I was in high school I wore really baggy clothing and people always thought I was a boy. It happens a lot less in person now but I have a deep voice and get called 'sir' on the phone all the time.

I don't get bothered by it at all, I find it funny, but I find it hard to relate to people who get offended by being called the wrong pronoun. It really is an honest mistake, I don't know anyone who has done it to be mean.
When I was in high school I wore really baggy clothing and people always thought I was a boy. It happens a lot less in person now but I have a deep voice and get called 'sir' on the phone all the time.

I don't get bothered by it at all, I find it funny, but I find it hard to relate to people who get offended by being called the wrong pronoun. It really is an honest mistake, I don't know anyone who has done it to be mean.
(o.o)
I'm a cis female so nope but online I have been called a he but it doesn't bother me at all if I'm honest
I'm a cis female so nope but online I have been called a he but it doesn't bother me at all if I'm honest
She/Her | PM me about saving a fodder dragon :)
cSQQuYb.png
Not in real life, no, I've never had someone think I was a boy before, and it's kind of hard to mess that up with me anyway, not that I'm extremely feminine either but it's pretty obvious I'm a girl :3

Online, though, good god. I used to play Animal Jam a lot and I had to correct people quite a bit since unless I was roleplaying a male character I got misgendered quite a bit there. And it drove me CRAZY. I don't know why, honestly, but I always corrected people if they called me a he.

It's rarely happened but I'm quite chill about people using they for me online and although it's not my preference it doesn't really annoy me for some reason?
Not in real life, no, I've never had someone think I was a boy before, and it's kind of hard to mess that up with me anyway, not that I'm extremely feminine either but it's pretty obvious I'm a girl :3

Online, though, good god. I used to play Animal Jam a lot and I had to correct people quite a bit since unless I was roleplaying a male character I got misgendered quite a bit there. And it drove me CRAZY. I don't know why, honestly, but I always corrected people if they called me a he.

It's rarely happened but I'm quite chill about people using they for me online and although it's not my preference it doesn't really annoy me for some reason?
A pink recolor of the hydrena watertoy. Click here to see my current avatar dragon!
My username is W1F1N1GHTM4R3, there are no vowels (only numbers), so if you don't think you can spell it properly, just copy+paste it please!

Current Project: pjsekai fandragon outfits
People mistake me for a guy all the time, and I don't even know why. Yes, I have super short hair, but other than that, I look very feminine and tend to wear form-fitting clothes, so there actually shouldn't be any way to confuse me with a guy. My voice is way too high for a guy, too. But people still adress me with sir a lot.
People mistake me for a guy all the time, and I don't even know why. Yes, I have super short hair, but other than that, I look very feminine and tend to wear form-fitting clothes, so there actually shouldn't be any way to confuse me with a guy. My voice is way too high for a guy, too. But people still adress me with sir a lot.
iIrk1Wj.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12