Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ever been Called a Gender you Arent?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12
Because of the way I dress on a daily basis (t-shirts and pants) and the fact that I have a pixie cut and don't wear makeup people think I'm a boy/male.

It's mostly older people though. But tbh it doesn't really bother me xD
But yes, I have.
Because of the way I dress on a daily basis (t-shirts and pants) and the fact that I have a pixie cut and don't wear makeup people think I'm a boy/male.

It's mostly older people though. But tbh it doesn't really bother me xD
But yes, I have.
ooooooooooo kssHcoX.png K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
When you work in customer service retail it happens fairly often. People don't pay attention to whoever is ringing up an order. I've been very angrily yelled at by customers using male pronouns when despite a "standard female appearance" (long hair, large chest, jewelry, etc) - but I have a deeper voice for a woman so they just assume before even looking up.

I get more annoyed by the fact they can't be bothered to pay attention. It's just common courtesy.
When you work in customer service retail it happens fairly often. People don't pay attention to whoever is ringing up an order. I've been very angrily yelled at by customers using male pronouns when despite a "standard female appearance" (long hair, large chest, jewelry, etc) - but I have a deeper voice for a woman so they just assume before even looking up.

I get more annoyed by the fact they can't be bothered to pay attention. It's just common courtesy.
jpq0y2I.png
I’m agender, so it happens. I really don’t care though, so I usually don’t bother correcting.
I’m agender, so it happens. I really don’t care though, so I usually don’t bother correcting.
083.8.sel.png

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
all the time
all the time
FIN/HKI/LGBT+/NONBINARY/CANCER/17/ISFP
tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.gif
Yeah it happened on flight rising actually. It's a long story but it ended up an entire thread derailing. I mean I don't have a pronoun preference yet so i didn't care too much.
(A fellow agender person)
Yeah it happened on flight rising actually. It's a long story but it ended up an entire thread derailing. I mean I don't have a pronoun preference yet so i didn't care too much.
(A fellow agender person)
JVh11Ww.png
Im a female, but skinnyish and with very very short hair so lots of people think I'm a boy from behind. But I have a feminine face so they just kind of awkwardly back away if I turn around. Also my voice is kinda high pitched so
Im a female, but skinnyish and with very very short hair so lots of people think I'm a boy from behind. But I have a feminine face so they just kind of awkwardly back away if I turn around. Also my voice is kinda high pitched so
Frankenstein3.jpg
There were two separate points in my life when people thought I was a boy. The first was when I was in 4th grade. I'd had a buzz cut because of crazy persistent lice that would not go away after months of various treatments. After that, because I had not developed any womanly signs yet, people thought I was a boy. I don't believe it bothered me, because I was a young kid. The second time was after 8th grade. I'd cut my hair and donated it, and cut it super short (not as short as the first time, though) and a couple of times people thought I was a boy. The first of two times during this period I was wearing a kinda baggy sweatshirt, so I understood there. But the second time I was wearing a tighter, form fitting hoodie and I was speaking, so it was visibly and audibly clear that I am a girl, and a woman told her son to get out of "the nice boy's way while he takes a picture" when I was at the zoo. Didn't bother me again, but I thought it was weird that even with having a clearly female body, clothing, and voice, she still called me a boy (We were the only ones near the exhibit, so I know she was talking about me).
There were two separate points in my life when people thought I was a boy. The first was when I was in 4th grade. I'd had a buzz cut because of crazy persistent lice that would not go away after months of various treatments. After that, because I had not developed any womanly signs yet, people thought I was a boy. I don't believe it bothered me, because I was a young kid. The second time was after 8th grade. I'd cut my hair and donated it, and cut it super short (not as short as the first time, though) and a couple of times people thought I was a boy. The first of two times during this period I was wearing a kinda baggy sweatshirt, so I understood there. But the second time I was wearing a tighter, form fitting hoodie and I was speaking, so it was visibly and audibly clear that I am a girl, and a woman told her son to get out of "the nice boy's way while he takes a picture" when I was at the zoo. Didn't bother me again, but I thought it was weird that even with having a clearly female body, clothing, and voice, she still called me a boy (We were the only ones near the exhibit, so I know she was talking about me).
I'm a photographer - follow my adventures and growth on Instagram!
My entire life, just on and off. I've always liked to keep my hair long, usually clipped back with something floral, and especially recently have gotten into wearing skirts more often. I don't particularly mind, it makes sense why it happens.
My entire life, just on and off. I've always liked to keep my hair long, usually clipped back with something floral, and especially recently have gotten into wearing skirts more often. I don't particularly mind, it makes sense why it happens.
tumblr_inline_pmf37gMClk1ts7vpv_400.gifits grandad
Yes and it's very annoying but I don't usually bother correcting them because I hate people too much to extend the conversation.
Yes and it's very annoying but I don't usually bother correcting them because I hate people too much to extend the conversation.
I get called a boy every so often , but I honestly don't care much about gender...so whatever floats ur boat m8
I get called a boy every so often , but I honestly don't care much about gender...so whatever floats ur boat m8
[Hi my names Bound!]
Plaguebound-Seegan.pngPlaguebound-Rune.pngpine_threes_f2u_by_ao_no_lupus-d9ydzfl.png3293066_NtE3wbqtJFgbdsh.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12