Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ever been Called a Gender you Arent?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
I'm a short haired, flat-chested, deep voiced female who almost always wears gender-neutral clothes. I don't mind being misgendered... it's pretty funny, actually
I'm a short haired, flat-chested, deep voiced female who almost always wears gender-neutral clothes. I don't mind being misgendered... it's pretty funny, actually
HAdMW59.png vMytXAB.png 5qGWR9z.png
Like my signature? PM me if you want me to make yours
Only online. I don't mind since my gender is pretty much ?¿?¿?¿ anyway.
Only online. I don't mind since my gender is pretty much ?¿?¿?¿ anyway.
talVTRC.pngPVLY9UN.pngDHJ7JWN.png
Every time I play an MMO, especially back in my World of Warcraft days, people always immediately assumed I'm male. I play a 50/50 mix of male and female characters, but my demeanor always seems to come off more as male haha. Or the fact my main character was a male undead... and not many women play those.

I remember in the past when people reacted with shock when they first heard my voice in Ventrilo/TeamSpeak etc, it was always hilarious.

In real life, I've been called a male once, by a RA in our dorm who only saw me from behind (I'm rather large and was wearing neutral clothes) and assumed I was a dude. No harm done but it was funny!
Every time I play an MMO, especially back in my World of Warcraft days, people always immediately assumed I'm male. I play a 50/50 mix of male and female characters, but my demeanor always seems to come off more as male haha. Or the fact my main character was a male undead... and not many women play those.

I remember in the past when people reacted with shock when they first heard my voice in Ventrilo/TeamSpeak etc, it was always hilarious.

In real life, I've been called a male once, by a RA in our dorm who only saw me from behind (I'm rather large and was wearing neutral clothes) and assumed I was a dude. No harm done but it was funny!
My username used to be a variant of ‘dusk’ that lacked the flower bit, so I was often misgendered. The amusing part was when it was by people I knew online for years.
My username used to be a variant of ‘dusk’ that lacked the flower bit, so I was often misgendered. The amusing part was when it was by people I knew online for years.

aKHNXwM.png
Like a few others, I get mistaken a lot online. For some reason, many people who don't know me very well seem to assume I'm female. It happens often enough that I am not surprised when it happens anymore (and my best friend jokingly refers to me as her sister).

No idea why, and on the occasion I do ask, I always get some vague answer such as "You seem too nice to be male" or "You don't act like a guy". One person said it was because Mothra was my favorite giant monster, which I thought was pretty funny.

Like a few others, I get mistaken a lot online. For some reason, many people who don't know me very well seem to assume I'm female. It happens often enough that I am not surprised when it happens anymore (and my best friend jokingly refers to me as her sister).

No idea why, and on the occasion I do ask, I always get some vague answer such as "You seem too nice to be male" or "You don't act like a guy". One person said it was because Mothra was my favorite giant monster, which I thought was pretty funny.

Formerly known as Brenning.
as a transmasc person, yea

it doesnt rly happen anymore since medically transitioning except w/ like,,, relatives/family members and stuff which tbh? hurts a lot more than a random stranger misgendering me for some reason
as a transmasc person, yea

it doesnt rly happen anymore since medically transitioning except w/ like,,, relatives/family members and stuff which tbh? hurts a lot more than a random stranger misgendering me for some reason
-- -- -- --21 / he/him / infp, +0 fr, robot and lizard aficionado
--
-- -- -- --i guess even when you fix things, not everything can be perfect.
---
-- -- -- --tumblr | signature pixel
dcj86gi-007ee1fa-bdb3-408c-945c-1ec2fabbbe46.png
Since transitioning I generally pass as "not a cis-woman" (which is good enough for me), but last friday a train conductor referred to me with the feminine form of "student" (a word so old fashioned that I was not sure if it was made up or not).
I attribute it to the fact that my face is still pretty androgynous and that I was so confused by the term that I did not speak (my voice is pretty dark). I hadn't shaved that day so I'm still slightly confused.
Since transitioning I generally pass as "not a cis-woman" (which is good enough for me), but last friday a train conductor referred to me with the feminine form of "student" (a word so old fashioned that I was not sure if it was made up or not).
I attribute it to the fact that my face is still pretty androgynous and that I was so confused by the term that I did not speak (my voice is pretty dark). I hadn't shaved that day so I'm still slightly confused.
slarg_child_by_deestracted-da8yxrd.png
since birth
since birth

♥ coyote ♥ it’s very nice to meet you!
he-him or they-them| 18 | fr +3
artshop + toyho.use + fA+ personal twitter
one time a boy in 5th grade said that he thought i was a boy with long hair but i think (and hope) he was just bullying me and didnt actually think that;;; i have a hormone imbalance that gives me a masculine body type but i think my face looks pretty feminine...? ;_;
one time a boy in 5th grade said that he thought i was a boy with long hair but i think (and hope) he was just bullying me and didnt actually think that;;; i have a hormone imbalance that gives me a masculine body type but i think my face looks pretty feminine...? ;_;
ytkEBod.pngll0CfnD.png510b8a63d40dc52d20b17daf90107ad8a80d4b80.png
One time I was crossplaying as JD from Heathers at a convention, and I went out to grab coffee in the morning. While I was waiting in the line I heard the barista go "Yes, ma'am? Yes, sir?" Every time a new customer got up to the counter. When she got to me, her response was simply "...Yes?" My voice gave me away because I wasn't making any particular effort to speak in my lower register, but I love confusing people about my gender XD
One time I was crossplaying as JD from Heathers at a convention, and I went out to grab coffee in the morning. While I was waiting in the line I heard the barista go "Yes, ma'am? Yes, sir?" Every time a new customer got up to the counter. When she got to me, her response was simply "...Yes?" My voice gave me away because I wasn't making any particular effort to speak in my lower register, but I love confusing people about my gender XD
Zq0unQm.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12