Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Ever been Called a Gender you Arent?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I am non-binary, but biologically speaking, my gender is female. It is really hard to tell, because I have a unisex wardrobe. When I speak, my voice sounds like one that a man would have, but when I sing, my voice sounds very much like a woman. Yesterday, I volunteered to help out at my old school, in sewing (something that I'm actually good at), and Emi, a girl in first grade asked me to sing for her, Tyler, Andrew, Logan and Nikolai, the others who were sitting there. I sang for them, and Tyler asked "Hey, why do you speak like a boy, but when you sing you sounds like a girl?". I smiled and said "Maybe, because I am a girl?".

(Honestly.. who is going to tell children of the age 8 and younger, that they are non-binary? But I didn't mind, because I adore children! <3 :))
I am non-binary, but biologically speaking, my gender is female. It is really hard to tell, because I have a unisex wardrobe. When I speak, my voice sounds like one that a man would have, but when I sing, my voice sounds very much like a woman. Yesterday, I volunteered to help out at my old school, in sewing (something that I'm actually good at), and Emi, a girl in first grade asked me to sing for her, Tyler, Andrew, Logan and Nikolai, the others who were sitting there. I sang for them, and Tyler asked "Hey, why do you speak like a boy, but when you sing you sounds like a girl?". I smiled and said "Maybe, because I am a girl?".

(Honestly.. who is going to tell children of the age 8 and younger, that they are non-binary? But I didn't mind, because I adore children! <3 :))
Kai|Genderfluid|They/Them|INFP
Angry Squish Roll]/b]Z1OhMta.png
I think that most realize that I am male, but only through speech or through text such as this. People have mistaken my handwriting for a female's at times.
I think that most realize that I am male, but only through speech or through text such as this. People have mistaken my handwriting for a female's at times.
dbpwq3g-7e9d6c9e-85a8-4b9c-bcbd-2d891aef0130.png
Oh yes. OOOOOOOh yes.
Once there was a legit survey on the telephone and after it was done he was like "You're a boy, right?" Me: No, I'm a girl with the deepest voice.
Seriously though, my voice is so deep people OFTEN thing I'm male. What can I say, I can sing deeper than my FATHER. @StormyParakeet
Oh yes. OOOOOOOh yes.
Once there was a legit survey on the telephone and after it was done he was like "You're a boy, right?" Me: No, I'm a girl with the deepest voice.
Seriously though, my voice is so deep people OFTEN thing I'm male. What can I say, I can sing deeper than my FATHER. @StormyParakeet
50316481p.png
FR +9 G1 collector Wishlist AvatarAdoptables
A lot online. I don't really bother about it as I'm used to it.
Offline rarely, except for people saying I rather could've been of the opposite gender.
A lot online. I don't really bother about it as I'm used to it.
Offline rarely, except for people saying I rather could've been of the opposite gender.
when I was young, A friend of mine was like, see ya later dude and I was like "i'm a girl" THE LOOK ON HIS FACE OML RED AS A TOMATO
when I was young, A friend of mine was like, see ya later dude and I was like "i'm a girl" THE LOOK ON HIS FACE OML RED AS A TOMATO
Kano3Shuuya.png
I think I look feminine enough for people to know I'm a female. There might've been like, one instance where someone thought I was a dude but I can't recall any specific events.

Online, yes. But since most of my avatar characters are male I could see why people would think I'm male.
I think I look feminine enough for people to know I'm a female. There might've been like, one instance where someone thought I was a dude but I can't recall any specific events.

Online, yes. But since most of my avatar characters are male I could see why people would think I'm male.
BigShotModelS3.png
People online seem to think just because I sometimes role-play as a male character makes me a guy, when I've literally told them that I'm 100% female -.-
People online seem to think just because I sometimes role-play as a male character makes me a guy, when I've literally told them that I'm 100% female -.-
That feel when you're in the middle of something you can't pause, but then you smell tacos in the other room
thpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png
Online, I'm frequently mistaken as a male. Understandable in many cases, given I'm not all that "feminine."

But one time, I was in a Discord group call. One of the members heard my voice and instantly thought I was a boy, BUT HE ALREADY KNEW I WAS FEMALE. He apologized for thinking I was a girl (even though I am); that was the most AMAZING thing ever to happen to me.
Online, I'm frequently mistaken as a male. Understandable in many cases, given I'm not all that "feminine."

But one time, I was in a Discord group call. One of the members heard my voice and instantly thought I was a boy, BUT HE ALREADY KNEW I WAS FEMALE. He apologized for thinking I was a girl (even though I am); that was the most AMAZING thing ever to happen to me.
2kt/2g fake FR achievements

Orca | She/her | +0 FR time
I get mistaken for male all the time online. I'm biologically female and a bit on the large side so it's hard to mistake me in person, but on the internet....yeah. Usually gets fun on discord servers when I pop into a call and everyone goes "But I thought you were a dude???"
I get mistaken for male all the time online. I'm biologically female and a bit on the large side so it's hard to mistake me in person, but on the internet....yeah. Usually gets fun on discord servers when I pop into a call and everyone goes "But I thought you were a dude???"
I wear big hoodies and jeans and hats, my look is about as neutral as can be. And every time I go outside and actually kinda talk to strangers, I get both 'sir' and 'young lady'.

The best experience i had was when i was buying a hat and the cashier spent the entire transaction trying to figure out if i was a boy or a girl. Tbh I think if i was born with a different set of chromosomes, I wouldn't look any different.
I wear big hoodies and jeans and hats, my look is about as neutral as can be. And every time I go outside and actually kinda talk to strangers, I get both 'sir' and 'young lady'.

The best experience i had was when i was buying a hat and the cashier spent the entire transaction trying to figure out if i was a boy or a girl. Tbh I think if i was born with a different set of chromosomes, I wouldn't look any different.
They/them. Goes to bed at around 21 FR time
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12