General Discussion
Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Help me find 2 webcomics?
Everyone here seems super-into art, so I figured I'd see if anyone could help me locate the Tumblrs/sites of two comics I really really liked and want to find again (I shut down my Tumblr a while back w/out saving them for some dumb reason).

So, there's two webcomics/comics artists I'm trying to find. Both are women, both are on Tumblr. I have just completely forgotten the name of the artists, characters, and comics. I don't know why, my mind is just pulling a total blank. Maybe I'm going senile at the ripe old age of mid-30s.

I can describe the art-styles though even if I can't remember a single darn name to google.

First:
  • Female artist
  • Comic itself isn't launched (or wasn't a few months back); art on her Tumblr is various one-off panels
  • Quality is professional
  • I think the artist is located in New Orleans and does some illustration work for local places and sometimes has those show up on her Tumblr
  • Most of the art is pen and ink on physical media.
  • Great use of linework, line weight
  • Set in flapper/prohibition era, or somewhere around those decades
  • Characters are all human, often drawn in an exaggerated, almost caricature fashion
  • Like, faces can be sort of droopy, or exaggerated. Poses often are too.
  • The artist's use of body-language if phenomenal; the characters will drape themselves over the scenery in all sorts of ways. It can get surreal.
  • Main character is a middle-aged skinny white guy with a prosthetic nose tied to his face
  • His hair is straight, long, and blond.
  • He smokes and drinks a lot and is sometimes drunk on panel
  • He has an overbearing mom who yells at him from off stage
  • Fancies himself a manager of "talent" (stage talent, music talent, etc.) and he'll sometimes be drawn on the phone being a con-man to try to book gigs or something
  • But is probably just swindling everyone
  • Is often drawn hitting on or dancing with women who are intimidating...either physically by being large/masculine, or because they're super-rich, or because they're very out of his league in some other way. I think one picked him up and put him in a garbage can at one point.
  • Dialogue is clever and witty.
  • Character design is VERY strong, all the characters are very visually distinct with their clothing and such
  • Has background characters of other races, and gender-bends outfits on some characters (basically the art is LGBT-friendly)

Second:

• Female artist
  • Comic WAS launched, taken down, then re-launched with new art
  • Comic is in color, and is professional-grade art
  • Main character is male, and has olive skin/black hair/large nose/big eyes, looks spanish or italian or greek or something
  • He's rather thin, too
  • Very distantly reminds me of Freddie Mercury, but not quite. Like, he's a type of male "look" you normally don't draw as delicate/beautiful. Except that's exactly how he's drawn here.
  • I think he's supposed to be gay?
  • Reminds me of some fandom depictions of Severus Snape, particularly when fandom is shipping him with another dude. (book-Snape, not movie-Snape.)
  • All characters so far are human in the comic
  • The opening of the comic starts with shots of this character's death or attempted murder or attempted suicide or something...it's very arty with blood on the snow and a church scene and such
  • The character drags himself somewhere, into a stranger's home
  • Then he calls up a friend
  • The person who actually owns the home shows up, and has a pet...a cat or a dog
  • Main character climbs out the window to get away before he's caught trespassing
  • Did I mention the main character has a big nose? Because he does. And very black (curly?) hair.

I really want to find these two again because I love their art. I must have been daft when I didn't save links to these comics. They're both pretty indie/niche, although the first one I know has a respectable following.

I think the second, due to shutting down their site, might have lost some followers or simply hadn't built a Tumblr following yet.
Everyone here seems super-into art, so I figured I'd see if anyone could help me locate the Tumblrs/sites of two comics I really really liked and want to find again (I shut down my Tumblr a while back w/out saving them for some dumb reason).

So, there's two webcomics/comics artists I'm trying to find. Both are women, both are on Tumblr. I have just completely forgotten the name of the artists, characters, and comics. I don't know why, my mind is just pulling a total blank. Maybe I'm going senile at the ripe old age of mid-30s.

I can describe the art-styles though even if I can't remember a single darn name to google.

First:
  • Female artist
  • Comic itself isn't launched (or wasn't a few months back); art on her Tumblr is various one-off panels
  • Quality is professional
  • I think the artist is located in New Orleans and does some illustration work for local places and sometimes has those show up on her Tumblr
  • Most of the art is pen and ink on physical media.
  • Great use of linework, line weight
  • Set in flapper/prohibition era, or somewhere around those decades
  • Characters are all human, often drawn in an exaggerated, almost caricature fashion
  • Like, faces can be sort of droopy, or exaggerated. Poses often are too.
  • The artist's use of body-language if phenomenal; the characters will drape themselves over the scenery in all sorts of ways. It can get surreal.
  • Main character is a middle-aged skinny white guy with a prosthetic nose tied to his face
  • His hair is straight, long, and blond.
  • He smokes and drinks a lot and is sometimes drunk on panel
  • He has an overbearing mom who yells at him from off stage
  • Fancies himself a manager of "talent" (stage talent, music talent, etc.) and he'll sometimes be drawn on the phone being a con-man to try to book gigs or something
  • But is probably just swindling everyone
  • Is often drawn hitting on or dancing with women who are intimidating...either physically by being large/masculine, or because they're super-rich, or because they're very out of his league in some other way. I think one picked him up and put him in a garbage can at one point.
  • Dialogue is clever and witty.
  • Character design is VERY strong, all the characters are very visually distinct with their clothing and such
  • Has background characters of other races, and gender-bends outfits on some characters (basically the art is LGBT-friendly)

Second:

• Female artist
  • Comic WAS launched, taken down, then re-launched with new art
  • Comic is in color, and is professional-grade art
  • Main character is male, and has olive skin/black hair/large nose/big eyes, looks spanish or italian or greek or something
  • He's rather thin, too
  • Very distantly reminds me of Freddie Mercury, but not quite. Like, he's a type of male "look" you normally don't draw as delicate/beautiful. Except that's exactly how he's drawn here.
  • I think he's supposed to be gay?
  • Reminds me of some fandom depictions of Severus Snape, particularly when fandom is shipping him with another dude. (book-Snape, not movie-Snape.)
  • All characters so far are human in the comic
  • The opening of the comic starts with shots of this character's death or attempted murder or attempted suicide or something...it's very arty with blood on the snow and a church scene and such
  • The character drags himself somewhere, into a stranger's home
  • Then he calls up a friend
  • The person who actually owns the home shows up, and has a pet...a cat or a dog
  • Main character climbs out the window to get away before he's caught trespassing
  • Did I mention the main character has a big nose? Because he does. And very black (curly?) hair.

I really want to find these two again because I love their art. I must have been daft when I didn't save links to these comics. They're both pretty indie/niche, although the first one I know has a respectable following.

I think the second, due to shutting down their site, might have lost some followers or simply hadn't built a Tumblr following yet.
The first one is Tanglefoot -- the artist hasn't posted since June, but the Tumblr is still online.
The first one is Tanglefoot -- the artist hasn't posted since June, but the Tumblr is still online.
ZM3TQUN.png
Second comic is Blanco I think?
http://blancocomic.com/
Second comic is Blanco I think?
http://blancocomic.com/