Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What was your first anime?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
Oh man, it's a toss up between Pokemon or Rosario + Vampire. I can't remember which I saw first! I remember seeing Rosario on Netflix, and seeking out Pokemon on TV after I got my first cards, though that's about it haha
Oh man, it's a toss up between Pokemon or Rosario + Vampire. I can't remember which I saw first! I remember seeing Rosario on Netflix, and seeking out Pokemon on TV after I got my first cards, though that's about it haha
hourglass.gifYou'll be okayhourglass.gif
My first animes were pokemon (seasons 1-2, kanto/johto regions), and Digimon. Of course, as a kid, these were cartoons before I knew they were anime.

My first experiences with subbed anime was when I got invited to an anicon with my friend in 7th grade. She had been into anime for a few years at this point, and I was just learning what the difference between cartoons and anime was. She showed me Chobits on her boxed DVD set, complete with subs. I think she did a comparison for me on what dubbed and subbed was like and I preferred the sound of subbed.

Once I got hooked, I binged series. I couldn't get enough. I watched Naruto, Wolf's Rain, rewatched Spirited Away (I saw it growing up, but I was like 6 or 7 and wasn't really paying attention to it), full metal alchemist, among a dozen more well known animes.

Sadly, I don't watch as much as I would like to. I'm not the type to sit and watch TV for too long as I have bad knees and I have to constantly get up to stretch. :c
My first animes were pokemon (seasons 1-2, kanto/johto regions), and Digimon. Of course, as a kid, these were cartoons before I knew they were anime.

My first experiences with subbed anime was when I got invited to an anicon with my friend in 7th grade. She had been into anime for a few years at this point, and I was just learning what the difference between cartoons and anime was. She showed me Chobits on her boxed DVD set, complete with subs. I think she did a comparison for me on what dubbed and subbed was like and I preferred the sound of subbed.

Once I got hooked, I binged series. I couldn't get enough. I watched Naruto, Wolf's Rain, rewatched Spirited Away (I saw it growing up, but I was like 6 or 7 and wasn't really paying attention to it), full metal alchemist, among a dozen more well known animes.

Sadly, I don't watch as much as I would like to. I'm not the type to sit and watch TV for too long as I have bad knees and I have to constantly get up to stretch. :c
tumblr_n62fmtYUzt1tyl6vco2_r1_500.png
Sadly the first anime I watched was SAO
Sadly the first anime I watched was SAO
NOTHIN TO SEE HERE FOLKS!
@notAvulpix

Why's that bad?
@notAvulpix

Why's that bad?
tumblr_n62fmtYUzt1tyl6vco2_r1_500.png
It's a tie between Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Rurouni Kenshi, and Saiyuki.
It's a tie between Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Rurouni Kenshi, and Saiyuki.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
I remember watching Voltron and G-Force (aka Battle of the Planets) when they aired on Cartoon Network.
I remember watching Voltron and G-Force (aka Battle of the Planets) when they aired on Cartoon Network.
yHVNH4X.png
It was Naruto! Lol I remember rushing home adter school everyday so I can watch the newest episode. And it was dubbed in my native language :// didn't matter though, enjoyed every moment xD
It was Naruto! Lol I remember rushing home adter school everyday so I can watch the newest episode. And it was dubbed in my native language :// didn't matter though, enjoyed every moment xD
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

I started watching it on the late night Toonami block on Cartoon Network, where I became attached to the deep story and the characters. I now own all five DVD sets, and plan to binge them again very soon.
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

I started watching it on the late night Toonami block on Cartoon Network, where I became attached to the deep story and the characters. I now own all five DVD sets, and plan to binge them again very soon.
15WDtQ0.png
I'm not exactly sure as my entire life is basically one haze of "did I do that or did I imagine that" but it's a 50/50 shot between Pokemon and Ranma 1/2
I rly need to rewatch Ranma tho, it was hilarious.

Though I wasn't rly into anime as a whole at the time, the anime that actually got me into anime was Tokyo Ghoul.
I'm not exactly sure as my entire life is basically one haze of "did I do that or did I imagine that" but it's a 50/50 shot between Pokemon and Ranma 1/2
I rly need to rewatch Ranma tho, it was hilarious.

Though I wasn't rly into anime as a whole at the time, the anime that actually got me into anime was Tokyo Ghoul.
wORSkxL.png
The moomins. I didn't learn it was an anime until like... 13 years after seeing it for the first time. Still one of my favorite animes out there ;)
The moomins. I didn't learn it was an anime until like... 13 years after seeing it for the first time. Still one of my favorite animes out there ;)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12