Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | things you've been looking 4 for years
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
For a long time, I had vague memories of this one song, only a few snatches of the melody. Never enough to identify it by, but it was so yearning and sweet and sad that it haunted me. Even though I'd forgotten all the words, I knew it was about mountains and oceans and desert storms...

The idea of the song stuck with me on an almost spiritual level. As a kid going through some tough times, and who was only starting to figure out that she was missing some stuff (namely the ability to feel certain desires), the existence of this song, distorted and misremembered, was...important, I guess. It felt like I was absolutely swamped by love songs and relationships, but I still had it--my white whale, my beautiful broken melody about nature. Somehow it made it alright to feel a bit broken myself, like everything would work out in the end.

One morning, I woke up with the tiniest sliver of it.

"Mountains in springtime / walk in the rain"

I KNEW those were the right words. Somehow. And it was enough to find it by, and I'd finally have my song in all its wonderful, perfect completeness.

So I Googled it.

And you know what?

IT

WAS

A

COUNTRY

LOVE

SONG

Go **** yourself, John Denver.
For a long time, I had vague memories of this one song, only a few snatches of the melody. Never enough to identify it by, but it was so yearning and sweet and sad that it haunted me. Even though I'd forgotten all the words, I knew it was about mountains and oceans and desert storms...

The idea of the song stuck with me on an almost spiritual level. As a kid going through some tough times, and who was only starting to figure out that she was missing some stuff (namely the ability to feel certain desires), the existence of this song, distorted and misremembered, was...important, I guess. It felt like I was absolutely swamped by love songs and relationships, but I still had it--my white whale, my beautiful broken melody about nature. Somehow it made it alright to feel a bit broken myself, like everything would work out in the end.

One morning, I woke up with the tiniest sliver of it.

"Mountains in springtime / walk in the rain"

I KNEW those were the right words. Somehow. And it was enough to find it by, and I'd finally have my song in all its wonderful, perfect completeness.

So I Googled it.

And you know what?

IT

WAS

A

COUNTRY

LOVE

SONG

Go **** yourself, John Denver.
cL9yafY.gif
Animaniacs game...

It was a platformer

It was on pc. Each animanic had a different level in a different place

First one was through a jungle to get to the studio. There was one inside the studio with the girl animaniac, looked fancy in there. There was one with ice and snow... I need that game back in my life but i could never find it x.x
Animaniacs game...

It was a platformer

It was on pc. Each animanic had a different level in a different place

First one was through a jungle to get to the studio. There was one inside the studio with the girl animaniac, looked fancy in there. There was one with ice and snow... I need that game back in my life but i could never find it x.x
@Zygon
That description reminds me of the first book in a series my mom is a fan of. I believe the book is called "Magic Kingdom for Sale" by Terry Brooks
@Zygon
That description reminds me of the first book in a series my mom is a fan of. I believe the book is called "Magic Kingdom for Sale" by Terry Brooks
Yi8U9eL.pngX4Rja7n.pngYi8U9eL.png
8RAJoZx.gif +3 hours FR time
The next Wings of Fire book Wait that came out a couple of months ago and I started yelling at my book for having THAT BIG OF A CLIFFHANGER!!
Spoiler for the Darkness of Dragons
SERIOUSLY!! YOU CANT END IT LIKE THAT!!! YOU FIND A 2 THOSAND YEAR OLD DRAGON AND SHE SAYS SHE FOUND A DRAGON FROM THE LOST CONTINET!! WHAT KINDA ENDING IS THAT!
The next Wings of Fire book Wait that came out a couple of months ago and I started yelling at my book for having THAT BIG OF A CLIFFHANGER!!
Spoiler for the Darkness of Dragons
SERIOUSLY!! YOU CANT END IT LIKE THAT!!! YOU FIND A 2 THOSAND YEAR OLD DRAGON AND SHE SAYS SHE FOUND A DRAGON FROM THE LOST CONTINET!! WHAT KINDA ENDING IS THAT!
tumblr_nita47Z2wX1speyy9o1_r2_500.png
There was a book I had when I was little, think it was called "Laura's Quest" or something similar.

It was about a little alien called Laura and it was a picture hunt book, similar to Where's Wally or Dragon Quest.

Honestly I've scoured the internet time and time again, but I've had ZERO luck finding even a hint of information about it. :(
There was a book I had when I was little, think it was called "Laura's Quest" or something similar.

It was about a little alien called Laura and it was a picture hunt book, similar to Where's Wally or Dragon Quest.

Honestly I've scoured the internet time and time again, but I've had ZERO luck finding even a hint of information about it. :(
tDAcVLz.png
About four years or so ago I remember watching a clip from a ventriloquist act on YouTube. I don't remember much about it except that the puppet was a literal skeleton who had been a terrorist I think..? And he liked to yell "Silence! I kill you!" At the audience.

I've been wanting to find that clip again for ages but I just can't remember what it's called!
About four years or so ago I remember watching a clip from a ventriloquist act on YouTube. I don't remember much about it except that the puppet was a literal skeleton who had been a terrorist I think..? And he liked to yell "Silence! I kill you!" At the audience.

I've been wanting to find that clip again for ages but I just can't remember what it's called!
ethanol_by_dislike_like-dbg3xow.png
@*******

Jeff Dunham--Achmed the Dead Terrorist.

Would link, but not FR appropriate.
@*******

Jeff Dunham--Achmed the Dead Terrorist.

Would link, but not FR appropriate.
cL9yafY.gif
@Oranitha
OH YES that definitely rings a bell now I think about it! Looked it up and found exactly what I was looking for, thank you!!!
@Oranitha
OH YES that definitely rings a bell now I think about it! Looked it up and found exactly what I was looking for, thank you!!!
ethanol_by_dislike_like-dbg3xow.png
Natalie's Backseat Traveling Webshow

It was a nick short in the 90s about this girl on a vacation. Dumb things happened to her, like getting attacked by a scorpion or dropping her toothbrush in the toilet. Only one episode is on YouTube, but I want to find more.

Something more recent is My Demons by Downplay. It was remade into a Starset song along with the song Dark on Me, but while Dark on Me was uploaded onto YouTube the only version of my demons is a live concert footage.
Natalie's Backseat Traveling Webshow

It was a nick short in the 90s about this girl on a vacation. Dumb things happened to her, like getting attacked by a scorpion or dropping her toothbrush in the toilet. Only one episode is on YouTube, but I want to find more.

Something more recent is My Demons by Downplay. It was remade into a Starset song along with the song Dark on Me, but while Dark on Me was uploaded onto YouTube the only version of my demons is a live concert footage.
NBeoOgB.png
@Yagine That's close, but the protagonist of the book I'm thinking of was a teen.
@Yagine That's close, but the protagonist of the book I'm thinking of was a teen.
Caught between the mundanely awkward and the existentially impossible.
-Alice Isn't Dead, Part 2, chapter 4, 11:55

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11