Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | things you've been looking 4 for years
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
what have you guys been looking for for years and been unable to find? ;A;

i once saw an animated manga. (no, not an anime, it was like -- the manga, but animated.) it was 1hr 30m or so. it was about a love fairy who gave this girl quests like "hug someone." it was called love fairy #001. but APPARENTLY that's NOT what it was called and it was removed from the platform i saw it on so long ago, and i can't for the life of me find it,,,

whenever i look for it it gives me fairy tail.
what have you guys been looking for for years and been unable to find? ;A;

i once saw an animated manga. (no, not an anime, it was like -- the manga, but animated.) it was 1hr 30m or so. it was about a love fairy who gave this girl quests like "hug someone." it was called love fairy #001. but APPARENTLY that's NOT what it was called and it was removed from the platform i saw it on so long ago, and i can't for the life of me find it,,,

whenever i look for it it gives me fairy tail.
WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

Many matchy g1s up for offer here! Send a PM!
29369802.png featured
dragon
I've been looking for an anime for YEARS. It's about three girls that have control over paper. They can make just about anything out of the stuff you can imagine, and the only thing I have to go on is that I remember one single episode that played at a convention years ago. People have tried to help me, and I forget the name, but there's always a suggested one that's similar, but not quite it. It drives me crazy! ;-;
I've been looking for an anime for YEARS. It's about three girls that have control over paper. They can make just about anything out of the stuff you can imagine, and the only thing I have to go on is that I remember one single episode that played at a convention years ago. People have tried to help me, and I forget the name, but there's always a suggested one that's similar, but not quite it. It drives me crazy! ;-;
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
@Amura

so the suggested one that's similar is Read or Die. darn.

http://readordie.wikia.com/wiki/Papermaster

was it the OVA you watched..?

( lmao https://myanimelist.net/anime/8999/Origami_Warriors )

anyway i'm 100% sure i suggested the one you were talking about so sorry for wasting your time lol
@Amura

so the suggested one that's similar is Read or Die. darn.

http://readordie.wikia.com/wiki/Papermaster

was it the OVA you watched..?

( lmao https://myanimelist.net/anime/8999/Origami_Warriors )

anyway i'm 100% sure i suggested the one you were talking about so sorry for wasting your time lol
WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

29369802.png featured
dragon
@NightRising

Alas, those have both been suggested. I'm looking for one with three girls, each wear different colors (Blue, green and red I believe) and that paper, or 'living origami' I think it was called. But thanks for trying. :>
@NightRising

Alas, those have both been suggested. I'm looking for one with three girls, each wear different colors (Blue, green and red I believe) and that paper, or 'living origami' I think it was called. But thanks for trying. :>
emVSLIq.png
SquishyPanda
@Amura

i'll ask my Japanese instructor if they know of something like that! good luck!
@Amura

i'll ask my Japanese instructor if they know of something like that! good luck!
WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

29369802.png featured
dragon
@NightRising

Thank you very much! I tried looking into yours, but I kept getting random fairies and fairy tail. :< Good luck on your quest as well.
@NightRising

Thank you very much! I tried looking into yours, but I kept getting random fairies and fairy tail. :< Good luck on your quest as well.
emVSLIq.png
SquishyPanda
The thing I'm looking for most? A really specific Metal Gear Solid fanfic... that the creator deleted about three years ago. As far as I know there's no way to access an archived copy of it so it's just, like, lost forever. (Unless you happen to know of a site that actually archives stuff from fanfiction.net, and has stuff from 2005 - 2011.)

...most of the stuff I would say I'm looking for is fanfiction that I forgot where it was archived, but that's the big one.

There was an X-Files fic that I found one time and then lost for like five years; found it a few months ago, now saving it as a PDF so I can never lose it again. Trying to find something that was posted on a webring in the 1990s is basically a level of Hell.
The thing I'm looking for most? A really specific Metal Gear Solid fanfic... that the creator deleted about three years ago. As far as I know there's no way to access an archived copy of it so it's just, like, lost forever. (Unless you happen to know of a site that actually archives stuff from fanfiction.net, and has stuff from 2005 - 2011.)

...most of the stuff I would say I'm looking for is fanfiction that I forgot where it was archived, but that's the big one.

There was an X-Files fic that I found one time and then lost for like five years; found it a few months ago, now saving it as a PDF so I can never lose it again. Trying to find something that was posted on a webring in the 1990s is basically a level of Hell.
ZM3TQUN.png
There was a book I read a few years back which had basically the same plot as The Hobbit, but the main character was a normal human from today's world. He saw an advert for help wanted in a window, and followed it, and unwittingly became the member of a team that was going to defeat a dragon.

Haven't found the name to this day :/
There was a book I read a few years back which had basically the same plot as The Hobbit, but the main character was a normal human from today's world. He saw an advert for help wanted in a window, and followed it, and unwittingly became the member of a team that was going to defeat a dragon.

Haven't found the name to this day :/
Caught between the mundanely awkward and the existentially impossible.
-Alice Isn't Dead, Part 2, chapter 4, 11:55

@DoctorValentine

maybe this?? sorry idk, maybe try it >^<

http://www.screenshots.com/flightrising.com/
@DoctorValentine

maybe this?? sorry idk, maybe try it >^<

http://www.screenshots.com/flightrising.com/
WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

29369802.png featured
dragon
Well, I guess this is kind my own personal Candle Cove except instead of a creepy non-existent TV show it's a very real sort of creepy children's audiobook that I have been wondering about for a while. I have a very real memory of listening to them on a cassette stereo when I was seven or eight during the mid 90s.

The audiobooks were about these two kids, brother and sister who would go outside into the woods and then reach this clearing where there was a hot air balloon. They would take this hot air balloon up into the sky and visit this purple being or monster who lived in either a sky castle or a sky cave. The monster had this baritone voice and he never seemed happy that the kids were visiting him. And they would visit him a lot for some reason, and ask a lot of questions. I don't remember exactly why though. I brought it up to my mom once and she had no clue what I was talking about.
I seriously doubt I'll remember the title of it anytime soon, so this will always be my eternal white whale.
Well, I guess this is kind my own personal Candle Cove except instead of a creepy non-existent TV show it's a very real sort of creepy children's audiobook that I have been wondering about for a while. I have a very real memory of listening to them on a cassette stereo when I was seven or eight during the mid 90s.

The audiobooks were about these two kids, brother and sister who would go outside into the woods and then reach this clearing where there was a hot air balloon. They would take this hot air balloon up into the sky and visit this purple being or monster who lived in either a sky castle or a sky cave. The monster had this baritone voice and he never seemed happy that the kids were visiting him. And they would visit him a lot for some reason, and ask a lot of questions. I don't remember exactly why though. I brought it up to my mom once and she had no clue what I was talking about.
I seriously doubt I'll remember the title of it anytime soon, so this will always be my eternal white whale.
sQ35KLV.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11