Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I suffered through the Emoji Movie. AMA
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
And yes, I will need ketchup to mend myself after this.
And yes, I will need ketchup to mend myself after this.
- order
@IceCap
One, two... ten? I have no idea. Probably ten, give or take a few dozen.
@IceCap
One, two... ten? I have no idea. Probably ten, give or take a few dozen.
- order
who thought this monstrosity of a movie idea was a good idea
ex5BGkW.png
[quote name="MrFrenchFrybrows" date=2017-09-22 16:24:11] @PlagueMaw Thankfully, I have no idea what Foodfight is. Let me just look up its trailer... oh god. ... ... ... Looks better than the Emoji Movie, not gonna lie. BUT. Unlike the Emoji Movie, it looks like it'd be fun to watch. [/quote] Well, it is one of those "is this just bad or so bad it's good" movies. But. BUT. Let it be known that Foodfight! went over a budget of 50-60mil US dollars and took over 10 years to make. (They aren't sure of the total money spent because the whole production was such a dumpster fire. ) It finally came out in 2012 and the animation is crappier than early PS1 3D games. Nostalgia Critic on YouTube made pretty decent review of it, tho it did leave a mark on him.
MrFrenchFrybrows wrote on 2017-09-22:
@PlagueMaw
Thankfully, I have no idea what Foodfight is. Let me just look up its trailer...

oh god.

Looks better than the Emoji Movie, not gonna lie.

BUT.

Unlike the Emoji Movie, it looks like it'd be fun to watch.

Well, it is one of those "is this just bad or so bad it's good" movies.
But. BUT.
Let it be known that Foodfight! went over a budget of 50-60mil US dollars and took over 10 years to make. (They aren't sure of the total money spent because the whole production was such a dumpster fire. )
It finally came out in 2012 and the animation is crappier than early PS1 3D games.
Nostalgia Critic on YouTube made pretty decent review of it, tho it did leave a mark on him.
[quote name="@PlagueMaw" date=2017-09-22 16:29:42] Foodfight! went over a budget of 50-60mil US dollars and took over 10 years to make. [/quote] Really? [b]REALLY?[/b] Edit: Forgot to ping oh no
@PlagueMaw wrote on 2017-09-22:
Foodfight! went over a budget of 50-60mil US dollars and took over 10 years to make.
Really? REALLY?

Edit: Forgot to ping oh no
- order
[quote name="@SmolSeed" date=2017-09-22 16:27:07] who thought this monstrosity of a movie idea was a good idea [/quote] People who thought that they could make big bucks off of it. Judging from the empty theatre, they aren't going to earn a single cent more than what they put into it. In other words, they're only losing money. And reputation. (Not that Sony Pictures didn't already have an abysmal face in the industry.) Edit: Dammit, they put $50 million into making this, and raked in $178.9 million worldwide. Considering its success, they're likely to make a sequel (as their only motivation is money). Oh, no.
@SmolSeed wrote on 2017-09-22:
People who thought that they could make big bucks off of it. Judging from the empty theatre, they aren't going to earn a single cent more than what they put into it. In other words, they're only losing money. And reputation. (Not that Sony Pictures didn't already have an abysmal face in the industry.)

Edit: Dammit, they put $50 million into making this, and raked in $178.9 million worldwide. Considering its success, they're likely to make a sequel (as their only motivation is money). Oh, no.
- order
[quote name="MrFrenchFrybrows" date=2017-09-22 16:38:16] [quote name="@/PlagueMaw" date=2017-09-22 16:29:42] Foodfight! went over a budget of 50-60mil US dollars and took over 10 years to make. [/quote] Really? [b]REALLY?[/b] Edit: Forgot to ping oh no [/quote] Really really. Just try to watch it with that knowledge planted in your mind. It already hurts, doesn't it? (please tell me I'm not alone with this)
MrFrenchFrybrows wrote on 2017-09-22:
@/PlagueMaw wrote on 2017-09-22:
Foodfight! went over a budget of 50-60mil US dollars and took over 10 years to make.
Really? REALLY?

Edit: Forgot to ping oh no

Really really. Just try to watch it with that knowledge planted in your mind.
It already hurts, doesn't it? (please tell me I'm not alone with this)
@MrFrenchFrybrows

uhhhhh

should i watch this movie ironically with friends? or should i use better movie trash material?

edit: and oooh I've seen Foodfight before. The entire thing.

It was... interesting, to say the absolute least.
@MrFrenchFrybrows

uhhhhh

should i watch this movie ironically with friends? or should i use better movie trash material?

edit: and oooh I've seen Foodfight before. The entire thing.

It was... interesting, to say the absolute least.
@PlagueMaw
I haven't seen it, but even the trailer makes me want to hurl. Ugh.
@PlagueMaw
I haven't seen it, but even the trailer makes me want to hurl. Ugh.
- order
@Pandacow (Caught your edit!)
Watch it ironically. It's a good exercise in criticizing, because you have to get behind the flashy animation and "relatable" feeling of "Ooh, I have that app!/like that YouTube video!" in order to actually get what makes it so horridly abominable.
@Pandacow (Caught your edit!)
Watch it ironically. It's a good exercise in criticizing, because you have to get behind the flashy animation and "relatable" feeling of "Ooh, I have that app!/like that YouTube video!" in order to actually get what makes it so horridly abominable.
- order
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8