Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | I suffered through the Emoji Movie. AMA
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@MrFrenchFryBrows

What was so bad about it?
@MrFrenchFryBrows

What was so bad about it?
dc83750d5f8736efdb2eab1c761c9f4c8394135c.png

booS p r i g g a n

booooThe results of hard work always seem like luck, but know you've earned every bit of your success.
hatchery coli services goals
@vidoxi
the word gay is hilariosu
@vidoxi
the word gay is hilariosu
- order
@Spriggan
I get where you're coming from, but let me just point out everything awful about The Emoji Movie:
1) It was produced by Sony Pictures, a company infamous for creating awful, awful movies, afew of which I have seen.
2) It was made entirely for the purpose of moneymaking.
3) There is little to no character development in it, and the plotline is convoluted, difficult to follow, and appears to revolve mostly around "WE GOTTA GET TO THE DROPBOX!!!!!!!!!!1111"
4) The animation lacks textures and is extremely lazy.

I would add on more, but I gotta go now. :c Bye, see ya guys tomorrow.
@Spriggan
I get where you're coming from, but let me just point out everything awful about The Emoji Movie:
1) It was produced by Sony Pictures, a company infamous for creating awful, awful movies, afew of which I have seen.
2) It was made entirely for the purpose of moneymaking.
3) There is little to no character development in it, and the plotline is convoluted, difficult to follow, and appears to revolve mostly around "WE GOTTA GET TO THE DROPBOX!!!!!!!!!!1111"
4) The animation lacks textures and is extremely lazy.

I would add on more, but I gotta go now. :c Bye, see ya guys tomorrow.
- order
My cousins loved this horrifying movie. How are we even related.

Hmm. Was there absolutely anything good about the movie whatsoever?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
[quote name="Windshear" date=2017-09-22 09:31:16] My cousins loved this horrifying movie. How are we even related. Hmm. Was there absolutely anything good about the movie whatsoever? [/quote] @Windshear Well, the animation was great quality (for the most part) because it's a large-budget film with professional animators. Although the hair on some of the models looked weird. Like the mom meh in the Paris scene... it was visibly semi-transparent in places but was just one solid block. It's hard to explain simply, but it looked bad... can't imagine these models were worked on TOO hard though, so they probably just didn't care enough to make it look like actual hair lol. And the story.... has a beginning, middle, climax (several actually imo for some reason), and an end so... I guess it's alright? It's really not too interesting because none of it makes any sense and i was going "that's not how the technology works" the entire time(what am I talking about? The whole movie. None of these writers even touched a computer). So there's stuff that's acceptable but... nothing good? It's not even that funny, anyways. Also, it gave me an excuse to go on a date with my girlfriend to see it, so that makes it a [i]little[/i] less awful for me. But if I saw it alone I'd never recover.
Windshear wrote on 2017-09-22:

@Windshear
Well, the animation was great quality (for the most part) because it's a large-budget film with professional animators. Although the hair on some of the models looked weird.
Like the mom meh in the Paris scene... it was visibly semi-transparent in places but was just one solid block. It's hard to explain simply, but it looked bad... can't imagine these models were worked on TOO hard though, so they probably just didn't care enough to make it look like actual hair lol.
And the story.... has a beginning, middle, climax (several actually imo for some reason), and an end so... I guess it's alright? It's really not too interesting because none of it makes any sense and i was going "that's not how the technology works" the entire time(what am I talking about? The whole movie. None of these writers even touched a computer). So there's stuff that's acceptable but... nothing good? It's not even that funny, anyways.

Also, it gave me an excuse to go on a date with my girlfriend to see it, so that makes it a little less awful for me. But if I saw it alone I'd never recover.

oQlTGMl.png
@Windshear
Nope. The only part that I thought was kinda, just a little, not really nice was the first time Gene did the "Emoji Pop," and that's only because he makes a bunch of weird faces that transition in a somewhat nice-looking way... it's still cringey as hell.
I'm sorry the video is in such low quality, it's all I could find. The actual Emoji Pop is at 1:41.

Edit: I just read @blossomruler's post too, they make some really good points! I still hate this movie, though.
@Windshear
Nope. The only part that I thought was kinda, just a little, not really nice was the first time Gene did the "Emoji Pop," and that's only because he makes a bunch of weird faces that transition in a somewhat nice-looking way... it's still cringey as hell.
I'm sorry the video is in such low quality, it's all I could find. The actual Emoji Pop is at 1:41.

Edit: I just read @blossomruler's post too, they make some really good points! I still hate this movie, though.
- order
@MrFrenchFrybrows Woah, danke :D
But yeah the Emoji Pop thing was hilarious, such a forced meme. I'm just glad it never actually caught on in real life... criiiiiiiiiiinge. Especially when they all did it at the end.
Although I agree, I tried to get it credit but it sucks in general. *shrugging emoji*
@MrFrenchFrybrows Woah, danke :D
But yeah the Emoji Pop thing was hilarious, such a forced meme. I'm just glad it never actually caught on in real life... criiiiiiiiiiinge. Especially when they all did it at the end.
Although I agree, I tried to get it credit but it sucks in general. *shrugging emoji*
oQlTGMl.png
@blossomruler (Hello, fellow Portal fan!) Glad to see that there's someone else out there who experienced this hell!... Okay, not really glad, since I wouldn't want anyone to have to watch this. I think you get the point. Dear lord, I somehow didn't realize that the Emoji Pop was meant to become a meme. I was so blissfully unaware... Oh, and this exists. [url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O9oye-AUVsU][img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/FRMshjlVyvo/maxresdefault.jpg[/img][/url]
@blossomruler
(Hello, fellow Portal fan!)
Glad to see that there's someone else out there who experienced this hell!... Okay, not really glad, since I wouldn't want anyone to have to watch this. I think you get the point.
Dear lord, I somehow didn't realize that the Emoji Pop was meant to become a meme. I was so blissfully unaware...

Oh, and this exists.

maxresdefault.jpg
- order
@MrFrenchFrybrows do you have an emojisona now
@MrFrenchFrybrows do you have an emojisona now
Have you ever watched a worse movie?
Have you ever watched a worse movie?
---
peri
FR + 0
they/he
---