Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | To all of the peeps in Florida!
1 2 3 4 5
just got my power back, it was out for about 4 hours? this was not so bad where we are at all. some boil water adversaries in surrounding cities, but not even mine. this block had it really lucky. irma basically pasted us at this point, but my cities curfew isn't lifted until tomorrow. but our area is super fortunate, a lot of areas faced sooo much more damage
just got my power back, it was out for about 4 hours? this was not so bad where we are at all. some boil water adversaries in surrounding cities, but not even mine. this block had it really lucky. irma basically pasted us at this point, but my cities curfew isn't lifted until tomorrow. but our area is super fortunate, a lot of areas faced sooo much more damage
We're just now getting hit by the storm, the worst is certainly yet to come as we're directly in its path, yet our power has already gone out and attempted to come back up twice. I'm not really sure how long it's gonna last, especially overnight where it's supposed to get worse. It's kinda freaky to hear the winds howling when the streetlights are out. Not sure what's gonna be left of our pool screen but we'll have to see. It shouldn't be too bad unless tornadoes pop up, we are on high ground so there will be minimal flooding.
Best of luck to everyone else in Florida!
We're just now getting hit by the storm, the worst is certainly yet to come as we're directly in its path, yet our power has already gone out and attempted to come back up twice. I'm not really sure how long it's gonna last, especially overnight where it's supposed to get worse. It's kinda freaky to hear the winds howling when the streetlights are out. Not sure what's gonna be left of our pool screen but we'll have to see. It shouldn't be too bad unless tornadoes pop up, we are on high ground so there will be minimal flooding.
Best of luck to everyone else in Florida!
HjZUn7k.gif
This is like the third? hurricane to narrowly swerve around me last minute. I have been dealing with hurricanes for the past twenty years, and honestly they are thrilling! Most buildings in FL have been hurricane proofed after..Andrew I think it was? So for the most part you cover the windows and listen to the wind and rain, very comforting. Just stay aware of flood zones and evac orders! Even if you haven't been hit directly your county can still suffer water boil alerts and power outages! If you need to evac with pets and gov. regulated storm shelter accepts pets!! Please stay smart out there!
This is like the third? hurricane to narrowly swerve around me last minute. I have been dealing with hurricanes for the past twenty years, and honestly they are thrilling! Most buildings in FL have been hurricane proofed after..Andrew I think it was? So for the most part you cover the windows and listen to the wind and rain, very comforting. Just stay aware of flood zones and evac orders! Even if you haven't been hit directly your county can still suffer water boil alerts and power outages! If you need to evac with pets and gov. regulated storm shelter accepts pets!! Please stay smart out there!
d3e17328ee286dcd923aae92ae2ee4827bd6ec7d.gif
[quote name="LizardKing" date=2017-09-10 17:12:04] just got my power back, it was out for about 4 hours? this was not so bad where we are at all. some boil water adversaries in surrounding cities, but not even mine. this block had it really lucky. irma basically pasted us at this point, but my cities curfew isn't lifted until tomorrow. but our area is super fortunate, a lot of areas faced sooo much more damage [/quote] yeah okay our block is 100% not representative of even the rest of our city, we had one tree fall but not even in the road and a lot of branches, some fences fall, but the rest of our area is basically unnavigable and jeez we are lucky
LizardKing wrote on 2017-09-10:

yeah okay our block is 100% not representative of even the rest of our city, we had one tree fall but not even in the road and a lot of branches, some fences fall, but the rest of our area is basically unnavigable and jeez we are lucky
A transformer (at least I think it was a transformer) fell the street over from my parents house and caught fire briefly. Getting kind of nervous.
A transformer (at least I think it was a transformer) fell the street over from my parents house and caught fire briefly. Getting kind of nervous.
PInqZAR.png
The wind is so fast!
I'm really frightened. :( I'm worried a tree will fall on my car.
The wind is so fast!
I'm really frightened. :( I'm worried a tree will fall on my car.
Storm made direct landfall here, and I clocked a gust of about 150. No power still, might be down for a while, considering i watched about seven transformers blow. Minimal damage otherwise.
Storm made direct landfall here, and I clocked a gust of about 150. No power still, might be down for a while, considering i watched about seven transformers blow. Minimal damage otherwise.
6klg2iF.png
Worst of the storm is past us, just a tiny bit of wind now. Lots of trees down.. neighborhood looks like a huge mess but everyone's okay. Didn't lose power, thank goodness.
Worst of the storm is past us, just a tiny bit of wind now. Lots of trees down.. neighborhood looks like a huge mess but everyone's okay. Didn't lose power, thank goodness.
c87ddbf9aba6d8c6e8eee93dc2b2fe5fad043b14.gifb1ccf586963e98c320b70f7baa132feac1cfefd3.gif
Still getting some harsh wind, not a lot of rain now in my city.
Fun part is, none of the lights went off in the neighborhood and no major damage to report.
We're headed into the eye I guess
Still getting some harsh wind, not a lot of rain now in my city.
Fun part is, none of the lights went off in the neighborhood and no major damage to report.
We're headed into the eye I guess
Vyrus | Perpetually hungry | PM's/Friend Requests open
1 2 3 4 5