Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Movies you love that critics/others hate
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19
I actually really like Legends of the Guardians, the Owls of Ga'hoole and I saw it after I read the books. I know it does stink when a movie doesn't follow a books plot but...I just really loved the animation in that movie and Barn owls are just such cool birds, and animated bird movies are just so hard to find! I can only really think of Rio, and heck I love that movie too. I dunno, I think the Owls of Ga'hoole got way too much hate from fans of the series.

Oh I really like District 9 and Chappie! I think Charlie went okay with critics but I don't think a lot of people liked District 9. I really liked the aliens in that movie and don't understand why it wasn't more popular.
I actually really like Legends of the Guardians, the Owls of Ga'hoole and I saw it after I read the books. I know it does stink when a movie doesn't follow a books plot but...I just really loved the animation in that movie and Barn owls are just such cool birds, and animated bird movies are just so hard to find! I can only really think of Rio, and heck I love that movie too. I dunno, I think the Owls of Ga'hoole got way too much hate from fans of the series.

Oh I really like District 9 and Chappie! I think Charlie went okay with critics but I don't think a lot of people liked District 9. I really liked the aliens in that movie and don't understand why it wasn't more popular.
OddOz
"My peace has always depended on the ashes in my wake"
-Hozier Arsonist's Lullaby
cRiDBwF.png
@Chompymawile

I know right?!?! How could people not see the sacrosanct majesty of such a film? It's a shame really...
@Chompymawile

I know right?!?! How could people not see the sacrosanct majesty of such a film? It's a shame really...
I only have three movies that come to mind with this forum

Transformers: Age of Extinction

Legends of the Guardians

Epic

I dont know why I love those movies so much, but I just do..
I only have three movies that come to mind with this forum

Transformers: Age of Extinction

Legends of the Guardians

Epic

I dont know why I love those movies so much, but I just do..
@SpicyDoggo: It's been ages since I've seen Legend of the Guardians, but I agree! A movie doesn't have to copy the book word-for-word to be good! The books cover so many arcs and plot threads that they would be impossible to adapt faithfully in one movie. And the animation was amazing!
@SpicyDoggo: It's been ages since I've seen Legend of the Guardians, but I agree! A movie doesn't have to copy the book word-for-word to be good! The books cover so many arcs and plot threads that they would be impossible to adapt faithfully in one movie. And the animation was amazing!
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
@PrehistoryMaker

Exactly, you hit the nail in the head. The series is so good but to try and fit all of it into one movie would be impossible and chaotic, some things were off but as a standalone movie I enjoyed it quite a bit!
@PrehistoryMaker

Exactly, you hit the nail in the head. The series is so good but to try and fit all of it into one movie would be impossible and chaotic, some things were off but as a standalone movie I enjoyed it quite a bit!
OddOz
"My peace has always depended on the ashes in my wake"
-Hozier Arsonist's Lullaby
cRiDBwF.png
I really enjoy many of M. Night's earlier movies. Signs, The Village, Lady In The Water. I know they are full of plot holes and there's some weird dialogue in there, but there's also a lot of tender, emotional moments. Plus, the soundtracks are all beautiful!
I really enjoy many of M. Night's earlier movies. Signs, The Village, Lady In The Water. I know they are full of plot holes and there's some weird dialogue in there, but there's also a lot of tender, emotional moments. Plus, the soundtracks are all beautiful!
AZSzsEP.png13184.pngAZSzsEP.png
Transformers: Age of Extinction, Transformers: The Last Knight, and Alien 3 are a few.
Transformers: Age of Extinction, Transformers: The Last Knight, and Alien 3 are a few.
tumblr_ms4eddp32b1s1bfzmo1_500.gif
@Yeehaw

the emoji movie was a symbolic piece of art chock full of beautiful metaphors about life, the critics focus too much on whats on the surface. I'd call it movie of the decade
@Yeehaw

the emoji movie was a symbolic piece of art chock full of beautiful metaphors about life, the critics focus too much on whats on the surface. I'd call it movie of the decade
The Quest for Camelot. It's just a fun fantasy adventure with a spunky heroine. I even once went to an art class run by one of the guys who worked on it. ALSO IT HAS A TWO HEADED DERG IN IT
On the other hand, the critics think it should have stayed in the Dark Ages. (Credit to Nostalgia Critic for that one. I happen to watch a lot of him.) I don't understand why everyone be hating on this film. It's pretty awesome.
The Quest for Camelot. It's just a fun fantasy adventure with a spunky heroine. I even once went to an art class run by one of the guys who worked on it. ALSO IT HAS A TWO HEADED DERG IN IT
On the other hand, the critics think it should have stayed in the Dark Ages. (Credit to Nostalgia Critic for that one. I happen to watch a lot of him.) I don't understand why everyone be hating on this film. It's pretty awesome.
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
[quote name="OffensiveTitles" date=2017-09-14 14:20:45] @Yeehaw the emoji movie was a symbolic piece of art chock full of beautiful metaphors about life, the critics focus too much on whats on the surface. I'd call it movie of the decade [/quote] THIS
OffensiveTitles wrote on 2017-09-14:
@Yeehaw

THIS
zbWELyv.png
tuDXykQ.png
TTd5qF8.png
wmaQkkP.png
sapphire/jekyll
he/she
fr time+3
commissions
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19