Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Movies you love that critics/others hate
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19
[quote name="@valdosta" date=2017-09-07 02:32:01] -Now You See Me (2013): I totally get why critics didn't like this movie since the plot is all over the place, but it's a rip-roaring good time. Lots of great performances filled with off-the-wall moments. Definitely a popcorn movie. [/quote] Agreed! I really love that movie. The twist at the end made me gasp out loud the first time I watched it. And I thought the sequel was pretty good, too. The card-palming sequence was amazing, and I really enjoyed Daniel Radcliffe's, Woody Harrelson's, and Lizzy Caplan's performances.
@valdosta wrote on 2017-09-07:
-Now You See Me (2013): I totally get why critics didn't like this movie since the plot is all over the place, but it's a rip-roaring good time. Lots of great performances filled with off-the-wall moments. Definitely a popcorn movie.
Agreed! I really love that movie. The twist at the end made me gasp out loud the first time I watched it. And I thought the sequel was pretty good, too. The card-palming sequence was amazing, and I really enjoyed Daniel Radcliffe's, Woody Harrelson's, and Lizzy Caplan's performances.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
I really liked all of the Transformers movies? I haven't seen The Last Knight yet but Age of Extinction got really bad reviews but I really liked it a lot??

There are other movies I like but the Transformers movies are the only ones I know about that I like but got bad reviews.
I really liked all of the Transformers movies? I haven't seen The Last Knight yet but Age of Extinction got really bad reviews but I really liked it a lot??

There are other movies I like but the Transformers movies are the only ones I know about that I like but got bad reviews.
I hoard quartz, various gems, and books. Also plushies.
i'm going to add trolls to this list. so many people were harsh on it before it came out and wrote it off because of it's previews. it wasn't a great movie but it was super cute and the animation was absolutely amazing and unique. the songs were really good too...i really liked it.

and the hate for sharktale seems to be from people who never even seen it, or are saying it's bad because everyone else says it is. also tired of people saying it sucks simply because it's....talking fish? like give me a break and grow an imagination

i'm going to add trolls to this list. so many people were harsh on it before it came out and wrote it off because of it's previews. it wasn't a great movie but it was super cute and the animation was absolutely amazing and unique. the songs were really good too...i really liked it.

and the hate for sharktale seems to be from people who never even seen it, or are saying it's bad because everyone else says it is. also tired of people saying it sucks simply because it's....talking fish? like give me a break and grow an imagination

Oh boy...

I love the film Brother Bear and I feel like it's one of my all time favourite Disney movies... but critics absolutely hated it and I have no idea why!
Maybe they felt it was a bit toooo boring and inoffensive?

I also liked Monkeybone a lot when I saw it growing up, but unlike Brother Bear, I KNOW why critics didn't like this film... it's definitely not for everyone.
It's really silly and immature and it tries way to hard to be edgy... but I just love it anyway!
Oh boy...

I love the film Brother Bear and I feel like it's one of my all time favourite Disney movies... but critics absolutely hated it and I have no idea why!
Maybe they felt it was a bit toooo boring and inoffensive?

I also liked Monkeybone a lot when I saw it growing up, but unlike Brother Bear, I KNOW why critics didn't like this film... it's definitely not for everyone.
It's really silly and immature and it tries way to hard to be edgy... but I just love it anyway!
I loved Strange magic. But almost no people know it, aside from my friends :cough cough: Who I forced to watch it :cough cough: And most Critics think the visuals are odd. Ik the story is incredible cliche', but the audio and AMAZING graphics are amazing. And the characters are really cute, and truly loveable. But dat's just my opinion :P
I loved Strange magic. But almost no people know it, aside from my friends :cough cough: Who I forced to watch it :cough cough: And most Critics think the visuals are odd. Ik the story is incredible cliche', but the audio and AMAZING graphics are amazing. And the characters are really cute, and truly loveable. But dat's just my opinion :P
That feel when you're in the middle of something you can't pause, but then you smell tacos in the other room
thpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png
@Fourr
Also, I love ur signature :D
@Fourr
Also, I love ur signature :D
That feel when you're in the middle of something you can't pause, but then you smell tacos in the other room
thpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png
This isn't a movie but I loved Constantine. Sure the start was garbage, but as it picked up it didn't deserve what it got (thanks NBC). And it stayed closer to the comic and didn't go completely New 52 either (which a Hellblazer fan like me enjoyed). It also showed signs of doing the supernatural side of DC right.

On the other hand I was pretty mad about how Lucifer is handled, but now it's up to season 3 so... w a t. How does this explosion of the original comic mythos survive and Constantine gets the axe?
This isn't a movie but I loved Constantine. Sure the start was garbage, but as it picked up it didn't deserve what it got (thanks NBC). And it stayed closer to the comic and didn't go completely New 52 either (which a Hellblazer fan like me enjoyed). It also showed signs of doing the supernatural side of DC right.

On the other hand I was pretty mad about how Lucifer is handled, but now it's up to season 3 so... w a t. How does this explosion of the original comic mythos survive and Constantine gets the axe?
My writing project.
So I really liked Valerian, but my boyfriend and family can't say enough about it's "lacking of plot and anything interesting." oh well
So I really liked Valerian, but my boyfriend and family can't say enough about it's "lacking of plot and anything interesting." oh well
E2amngG.png04n5rQx.png8th6mfc.pngtPW2xgo.pngarOGchX.png
The Emoji Movie
The Emoji Movie
[quote name="@Yeehaw" date=2017-09-11 16:20:44] The Emoji Movie [/quote] wow, we need more people like you...
@Yeehaw wrote on 2017-09-11:
The Emoji Movie

wow, we need more people like you...
proty_icon_2_by_newglasses-dc6pnfz.pnghumbee_icon_2_by_newglasses-dc6pngb.pngjorge_icon_2_by_newglasses-dc6pnfh.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19