Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | How is food important to you?
1 2 3
@gilili

WOWOW that looks DELICIOUS! :OO
@gilili

WOWOW that looks DELICIOUS! :OO
YtTJqkQ.gif
Food is a way to bring people together, especially for big events like Christmas and Easter. For me it's always been a big part of family gatherings, and I like that aspect of it.

I've got a bit of a love-hate relationship with food though. I'm trying to lose weight and so I don't really eat that much.
Food is a way to bring people together, especially for big events like Christmas and Easter. For me it's always been a big part of family gatherings, and I like that aspect of it.

I've got a bit of a love-hate relationship with food though. I'm trying to lose weight and so I don't really eat that much.
ethanol_by_dislike_like-dbg3xow.png
makes me not die
makes me not die
please ping if you respond/quote except in my own threads

looking to buy skycat, golden idol, cog frog, pm if you're selling
For 5 years I could hardly eat anything because of my tonsils, so food is something very precious to me. And I still smile every time I am able to have something big because it used to be 3 bites and I felt nauseous.
For 5 years I could hardly eat anything because of my tonsils, so food is something very precious to me. And I still smile every time I am able to have something big because it used to be 3 bites and I felt nauseous.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
Love/hate relationship. I like food, but hate gaining weight and a lot of food makes me sick.
Red meat, dairy, eggs, soy, most processed sugars and a lot of bread/pasta all makes me sick. It has gotten steadily worse over the years. I'm also allergic to coconut which is a staple in a lot of vegetarian/vegan foods and.. it sucks. I've been heavily considering going vegetarian or vegan for a while now but because of being severely anemic with hypoglycemia idk what I can even really eat.
I was close to anorexic a few years back as well from purposely starving myself because I was scared of food and honestly I'd probably end up doing it again if given the chance. I felt better when I hated food.

Food in culture well.. we don't really have one? We don't celebrate our cultures much. My family rarely ever cooks anything beyond a sandwich or soup or pizza. We are extremely unhealthy and I wish I could cook healthy more vegetarian meals but vegetables and fruit is basically non-existent in the house anymore.
Love/hate relationship. I like food, but hate gaining weight and a lot of food makes me sick.
Red meat, dairy, eggs, soy, most processed sugars and a lot of bread/pasta all makes me sick. It has gotten steadily worse over the years. I'm also allergic to coconut which is a staple in a lot of vegetarian/vegan foods and.. it sucks. I've been heavily considering going vegetarian or vegan for a while now but because of being severely anemic with hypoglycemia idk what I can even really eat.
I was close to anorexic a few years back as well from purposely starving myself because I was scared of food and honestly I'd probably end up doing it again if given the chance. I felt better when I hated food.

Food in culture well.. we don't really have one? We don't celebrate our cultures much. My family rarely ever cooks anything beyond a sandwich or soup or pizza. We are extremely unhealthy and I wish I could cook healthy more vegetarian meals but vegetables and fruit is basically non-existent in the house anymore.
I'm very blunt and straightforward.
Yes, I never use any vistas.

For ease of access: She/Her.

Also I hoard the hyena familiars.
It's important to my family. My mum is the family's master chef, they've even started a food trailer business based on her culture--Thai (we're a mixed family). She never uses recipes and she's not even literate (in English at least), but she knows how to cook. Dishes that are popular in our family are laap, yum beef, dok dok, pumpkin & pork and lightly fried eggs and rice which are a classic. Every once in a while we go to the Thai temple and everyone who comes along brings home-cooked food to give to the monks, and to share with everyone else afterwards. We each take a plate, walk around the tables and take whatever food we like. [img]http://i.imgur.com/lsJeSEh.jpg[/img] Photo of the actual temple above. [img]http://i.imgur.com/3HTZQnl.jpg[/img] Photo of mum's laap.
It's important to my family. My mum is the family's master chef, they've even started a food trailer business based on her culture--Thai (we're a mixed family). She never uses recipes and she's not even literate (in English at least), but she knows how to cook. Dishes that are popular in our family are laap, yum beef, dok dok, pumpkin & pork and lightly fried eggs and rice which are a classic.

Every once in a while we go to the Thai temple and everyone who comes along brings home-cooked food to give to the monks, and to share with everyone else afterwards. We each take a plate, walk around the tables and take whatever food we like.

lsJeSEh.jpg

Photo of the actual temple above.

3HTZQnl.jpg

Photo of mum's laap.
it keeps me alive
it keeps me alive
[center]Every meal is a celebration...at least in my tummy. \o/ Here's what I had for dinner about an hour ago; [img]http://i.imgur.com/TdObOCK.jpg[/img] I [i]adore[/i] spaghetti squash, and this here is the first one I've ever grown myself. Turned out great! It's a pretty remarkable substitute for pasta; definitely its own beast, but I don't find myself pining for penne when this stuff's around. Add a little tomato and basil, and you're good to go! Food has always been important to my family; at least for the latino side, lol. Beans, rice, and tortillas are pretty much a guarantee at every family gathering, and - thank the gods - we gather a lot. We've got some ties to India as well, so sometimes the cuisine includes dhal, tandoori chicken, and other such delights. And one of my personal favorites is Japanese food. YUm. I love to cook, and love to eat even more. As is the case for many of us, I'm constantly on the hunt for healthy-but-still-scrumptious options. A task of significant effort for someone whose favorite course is dessert. :( Lol. And as a burgeoning gardener, food is growing (ha! literally and figuratively) ever more important to me. Talk foodie to me!
Every meal is a celebration...at least in my tummy. \o/

Here's what I had for dinner about an hour ago;

TdObOCK.jpg

I adore spaghetti squash, and this here is the first one I've ever grown myself. Turned out great! It's a pretty remarkable substitute for pasta; definitely its own beast, but I don't find myself pining for penne when this stuff's around.

Add a little tomato and basil, and you're good to go!

Food has always been important to my family; at least for the latino side, lol. Beans, rice, and tortillas are pretty much a guarantee at every family gathering, and - thank the gods - we gather a lot.
We've got some ties to India as well, so sometimes the cuisine includes dhal, tandoori chicken, and other such delights.
And one of my personal favorites is Japanese food. YUm.

I love to cook, and love to eat even more. As is the case for many of us, I'm constantly on the hunt for healthy-but-still-scrumptious options. A task of significant effort for someone whose favorite course is dessert. :( Lol.
And as a burgeoning gardener, food is growing (ha! literally and figuratively) ever more important to me.

Talk foodie to me!
Its important religiously to me (and most of my family, although we have different religions), however due to chronic illness I'm in a love/hate with it. I love the taste and everything, but there are many days where a few bites are all I can keep down, sadly.
Its important religiously to me (and most of my family, although we have different religions), however due to chronic illness I'm in a love/hate with it. I love the taste and everything, but there are many days where a few bites are all I can keep down, sadly.
98bf1699ec3a8a9904ee0a7db6e28469c9948a3c.gif
I Kinda need it to live, so I guess it's important.
I Kinda need it to live, so I guess it's important.
1 2 3