Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Fire emblem heroes
1 2 ... 159 160 161 162 163 ... 702 703
@KandieDrifloonie - ooooh, that makes a bit more sense, I read that wrong. Though I’ve still never encountered much hatred for Chrom around the internet...mostly just either neutralness or “eh, he’s just generic” or the vague disappointment at his (to many) mediocre statline when FEH released.

then again, I’m a person who regularly pokes around the Chrobin tag on Tumblr...so it’s not as though I’m really in the right place to see it...
@KandieDrifloonie - ooooh, that makes a bit more sense, I read that wrong. Though I’ve still never encountered much hatred for Chrom around the internet...mostly just either neutralness or “eh, he’s just generic” or the vague disappointment at his (to many) mediocre statline when FEH released.

then again, I’m a person who regularly pokes around the Chrobin tag on Tumblr...so it’s not as though I’m really in the right place to see it...
ijSltiY.png OsScJdH.gif Y6PXVHf.gif IDpiM0V.gif
It really sucks how the FE fanbase is so fragmented. We have newbies that started with Awakening/Fates and have no interest in older games, elitists that bash newer games because of the shipping/casualization, waifuers that don't care about gameplay and just want the waifus, etc. Every time FEH comes out with new heroes, at least one of the groups will complain that they're not being catered to and drown out the rest of the positivity. :/ Although maybe I should stop going on other forums really
It really sucks how the FE fanbase is so fragmented. We have newbies that started with Awakening/Fates and have no interest in older games, elitists that bash newer games because of the shipping/casualization, waifuers that don't care about gameplay and just want the waifus, etc. Every time FEH comes out with new heroes, at least one of the groups will complain that they're not being catered to and drown out the rest of the positivity. :/ Although maybe I should stop going on other forums really
@Piney

I pretty much avoid all online discussion for the series that's not completely focused on gameplay. And while that's a given for most things, it's become especially true about FE since Awakening came out, it's really sad.

For every actual civil and interesting discussion, there seems to be 4+ threads in the same place arguing and namecalling constantly.
@Piney

I pretty much avoid all online discussion for the series that's not completely focused on gameplay. And while that's a given for most things, it's become especially true about FE since Awakening came out, it's really sad.

For every actual civil and interesting discussion, there seems to be 4+ threads in the same place arguing and namecalling constantly.
Accent Shop!

I can't help but feel like a lot of the points of saltiness among FE fans is kind of a result of IS not knowing how to proceed after Awakening (Which I don't really understand because Awakening isn't that big of a leap from any of the other FE games I've more recently played). Fates was kind of a failed attempt at compromise because I think it spread the staff too thin trying to get 3 games done. Hopefully FE Switch will fix its mistakes

And I have a new found appreciation for casual mode as a result of my current playthrough of FE7 Hector Hard Mode. Survive dangit
I can't help but feel like a lot of the points of saltiness among FE fans is kind of a result of IS not knowing how to proceed after Awakening (Which I don't really understand because Awakening isn't that big of a leap from any of the other FE games I've more recently played). Fates was kind of a failed attempt at compromise because I think it spread the staff too thin trying to get 3 games done. Hopefully FE Switch will fix its mistakes

And I have a new found appreciation for casual mode as a result of my current playthrough of FE7 Hector Hard Mode. Survive dangit
Lewyn_updated2.gif
As someone who started with Awakening and has only played the new releases since then, I try to stay out of any “which is better” discourse on most places. Though, I have since watched LPs of most of the other US releases (PoR, RD, Blazing Sword, and Binding Blade, currently watching Sacred Stones) and really, I don’t really see why Awakening and Fates get such potent hatred spewed at them? There’s definitely things I would say could be improved about both, but that nowhere near justifies how nasty some people get about them.

Casual is definitely a nice touch. I appreciate it a lot more now that I’ve replayed Awakening on hard/classic a few times, it’s a nice break to come back to when I feel like messing around.
As someone who started with Awakening and has only played the new releases since then, I try to stay out of any “which is better” discourse on most places. Though, I have since watched LPs of most of the other US releases (PoR, RD, Blazing Sword, and Binding Blade, currently watching Sacred Stones) and really, I don’t really see why Awakening and Fates get such potent hatred spewed at them? There’s definitely things I would say could be improved about both, but that nowhere near justifies how nasty some people get about them.

Casual is definitely a nice touch. I appreciate it a lot more now that I’ve replayed Awakening on hard/classic a few times, it’s a nice break to come back to when I feel like messing around.
@Hummbirds

Well said. The nastiness spewed towards Awakening actually made me dislike the game for a while... even though I loved it when I played it the first time and still enjoy it during replays.
@Hummbirds

Well said. The nastiness spewed towards Awakening actually made me dislike the game for a while... even though I loved it when I played it the first time and still enjoy it during replays.
Lewyn_updated2.gif
I started with Awakening, but I like Fates a lot more. my castle was definitely a nice addition because it's really interactive than the barracks was in Awakening. it definitely helped me appreciate the characters a lot more as well and I grew more attached to them. and I especially love how you can interact with your spouse more than you did in Awakening where in that came it was just a bunch of generic texts. it definitely felt more like an actual marriage

but I'm not allowed to say any of that stuff because you're only allowed to hate Fates and everything about it if you want to stay part of the community :/
I started with Awakening, but I like Fates a lot more. my castle was definitely a nice addition because it's really interactive than the barracks was in Awakening. it definitely helped me appreciate the characters a lot more as well and I grew more attached to them. and I especially love how you can interact with your spouse more than you did in Awakening where in that came it was just a bunch of generic texts. it definitely felt more like an actual marriage

but I'm not allowed to say any of that stuff because you're only allowed to hate Fates and everything about it if you want to stay part of the community :/
PCyLkux.png
BZ6Kt6M.pngsopvTVM.pngPJ4wrf6.png
H0t7Ypl.pngbkLzuAR.pngAZgHtlu.png
wAfJ7Bn.png0XHtpWy.pngbYt72YT.png
qjxrAwx.pngoNrZjs5.pngmlHpBMC.png
butterflygeneeggrose.png Jd88XNq.png
YMPbu9R.png
5hF3FGk.png
@KandieDrifloonie Honestly? Same. I started with Awakening too and I really love Fates but I'm nervous to even mention it because of how hated it is and it really bothers me. I understand that there's flaws with Fates especially with how much it's constantly brought up but I still love the game??
Not to mention the fact that I really adore some of the characters and I'd love to be able to talk about them without someone jumping in and ranting about how horrible Fates is and how anything positive said about it is wrong orz
@KandieDrifloonie Honestly? Same. I started with Awakening too and I really love Fates but I'm nervous to even mention it because of how hated it is and it really bothers me. I understand that there's flaws with Fates especially with how much it's constantly brought up but I still love the game??
Not to mention the fact that I really adore some of the characters and I'd love to be able to talk about them without someone jumping in and ranting about how horrible Fates is and how anything positive said about it is wrong orz
wc_museum_fishies.png
Jd88XNq.png
JvUa9ma.png
CISPrku.png6Fjd4rG.png
mtHAEL4.png
cZONpfv.png
YMPbu9R.png
wc_museum_fishspine.png
GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS

SHIGURE IS FINALLY HERE
GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS

SHIGURE IS FINALLY HERE
PCyLkux.png
BZ6Kt6M.pngsopvTVM.pngPJ4wrf6.png
H0t7Ypl.pngbkLzuAR.pngAZgHtlu.png
wAfJ7Bn.png0XHtpWy.pngbYt72YT.png
qjxrAwx.pngoNrZjs5.pngmlHpBMC.png
butterflygeneeggrose.png Jd88XNq.png
YMPbu9R.png
5hF3FGk.png
@KandieDrifloonie - I’m happy for you! He’s not a dancer, but he comes with Wo Dao lance, so he’s probably gonna be pretty good. I’m not entirely sure how swift stance serves any kind of purpose though unless he’s more tanky like Subaki.

Hinoka gets to be the first bow flier. I guess. Her bow is also kinda OP.

Kana seems to be standard dragon, probably on the speedier side if I had to guess.

There’s a brief moment where you can see both M!Kana and Kaze on the map, I wonder how they’re gonna get released...
@KandieDrifloonie - I’m happy for you! He’s not a dancer, but he comes with Wo Dao lance, so he’s probably gonna be pretty good. I’m not entirely sure how swift stance serves any kind of purpose though unless he’s more tanky like Subaki.

Hinoka gets to be the first bow flier. I guess. Her bow is also kinda OP.

Kana seems to be standard dragon, probably on the speedier side if I had to guess.

There’s a brief moment where you can see both M!Kana and Kaze on the map, I wonder how they’re gonna get released...
1 2 ... 159 160 161 162 163 ... 702 703