Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Fire emblem heroes
1 2 ... 158 159 160 161 162 ... 702 703
@purtydurgens

Chrom is a lovable idiot. He looks like a kind-hearted prince and generic protag, and while he is both these things, he's also much more. Most people accidentally marry him on their first playthrough (if they have a female avatar), he has a tendency to break training dummies and once ate an entire unpeeled orange. In general he gets into weird and embarrassing situations a lot.
@purtydurgens

Chrom is a lovable idiot. He looks like a kind-hearted prince and generic protag, and while he is both these things, he's also much more. Most people accidentally marry him on their first playthrough (if they have a female avatar), he has a tendency to break training dummies and once ate an entire unpeeled orange. In general he gets into weird and embarrassing situations a lot.
wind_shield_divider_4_by_starkindlerstudio-dajuqm3.png
@purtydurgens he's the only character in awakening that has to get married at a defined point in the game (end of ch 11 i think?) it might just be a joke loosely based off that. can't think of anything else. Most people like him b/c he was the lord of awakening, the first game alot of the newer fans played. I personally feel kinda neutral on him, he's not particularly well written compared to other main lords, but he isn't corrin levels of bland. i don't like or dislike him, really.

Anyways, anyone else feeling emo over finn's voice lines or is that just me?
@purtydurgens he's the only character in awakening that has to get married at a defined point in the game (end of ch 11 i think?) it might just be a joke loosely based off that. can't think of anything else. Most people like him b/c he was the lord of awakening, the first game alot of the newer fans played. I personally feel kinda neutral on him, he's not particularly well written compared to other main lords, but he isn't corrin levels of bland. i don't like or dislike him, really.

Anyways, anyone else feeling emo over finn's voice lines or is that just me?
Stuffed Mith
||
he/they/she
changed username galdr -> dunmeshi 1/2/24
I didn't accidentally marry Chrom. From the moment I first saw him I was like "Yeah I'm in love with you" and I made sure to pair him up with my avatar from the get go. And I still keep going for him even when I make a new avatar and tell myself "Let's try marrying someone else this time". The opening field scene happens and I just keep falling for him all over again. Literally the only times I've been able to avoid marrying him is when I make a male avatar and even then I still love him.
I didn't accidentally marry Chrom. From the moment I first saw him I was like "Yeah I'm in love with you" and I made sure to pair him up with my avatar from the get go. And I still keep going for him even when I make a new avatar and tell myself "Let's try marrying someone else this time". The opening field scene happens and I just keep falling for him all over again. Literally the only times I've been able to avoid marrying him is when I make a male avatar and even then I still love him.
@NoriakiKujo

You’re lucky then! I definitely wanted Robin to marry Chrom, but that marriage event happened way too fast and Sumia loved him more xD Admittedly, it’s the most fun to marry Chrom, story wise and in general

Though someday I’d like to give Inigo a shot
@NoriakiKujo

You’re lucky then! I definitely wanted Robin to marry Chrom, but that marriage event happened way too fast and Sumia loved him more xD Admittedly, it’s the most fun to marry Chrom, story wise and in general

Though someday I’d like to give Inigo a shot
Lewyn_updated2.gif
@Tangle - I'm definitely in the "accidentally married Chrom" category - Awakening was my first FE, so I had no idea what I was doing. XD I knew that high support = good, and Chrom and Robin make such a good pair-up team, before I knew it I was clicking that S-support thinking it was just another support.

...since then the only time I've managed to avoid marrying him as a female avatar was when I was decidedly trying not to because I wanted to get him with Olivia just for the challenge of it. It felt very, very wrong. XD Robin just fits all those "extra" scenes better imo.

On another random note, from now on rather than activating the S support I'm just gonna let chapter 11 happen, since I like the dialogue better and Chrom manages to not be a total dork for once.

I have low-key wanted to try and go for Inigo since I always go for Laslow in Fates, but I'm just too impatient since you have to be so high-leveled to even get through Inigo's paralogue...
@Tangle - I'm definitely in the "accidentally married Chrom" category - Awakening was my first FE, so I had no idea what I was doing. XD I knew that high support = good, and Chrom and Robin make such a good pair-up team, before I knew it I was clicking that S-support thinking it was just another support.

...since then the only time I've managed to avoid marrying him as a female avatar was when I was decidedly trying not to because I wanted to get him with Olivia just for the challenge of it. It felt very, very wrong. XD Robin just fits all those "extra" scenes better imo.

On another random note, from now on rather than activating the S support I'm just gonna let chapter 11 happen, since I like the dialogue better and Chrom manages to not be a total dork for once.

I have low-key wanted to try and go for Inigo since I always go for Laslow in Fates, but I'm just too impatient since you have to be so high-leveled to even get through Inigo's paralogue...
ijSltiY.png OsScJdH.gif Y6PXVHf.gif IDpiM0V.gif
I actually didn't marry Chrom in my first playthrough (I married Frederick). he was my initial first choice, but somewhere along the way I was kinda peer pressured into being forced to hate him by elitists who despised Awakening with a burning rage. I've been trying having myself love him naturally again with FEH, but every freaking time there's that one people who says "aren't you supposed to be hating him" and it messes me up
I actually didn't marry Chrom in my first playthrough (I married Frederick). he was my initial first choice, but somewhere along the way I was kinda peer pressured into being forced to hate him by elitists who despised Awakening with a burning rage. I've been trying having myself love him naturally again with FEH, but every freaking time there's that one people who says "aren't you supposed to be hating him" and it messes me up
PCyLkux.png
BZ6Kt6M.pngsopvTVM.pngPJ4wrf6.png
H0t7Ypl.pngbkLzuAR.pngAZgHtlu.png
wAfJ7Bn.png0XHtpWy.pngbYt72YT.png
qjxrAwx.pngoNrZjs5.pngmlHpBMC.png
butterflygeneeggrose.png Jd88XNq.png
YMPbu9R.png
5hF3FGk.png
@KandieDrifloonie - ...why do people hate Frederick?! I’ve never seen any hate for him, in retrospect, I’ve seen a lot of love for him. As far as gameplay goes, yeah, he’s a jagen, but he’s a darn useful one and he can keep up for a long time. He’s also utterly essential for surviving the first few chapters of lunatic and up. And, of course, his best crit quote.

I can’t really think of any reason to dislike him, really...
@KandieDrifloonie - ...why do people hate Frederick?! I’ve never seen any hate for him, in retrospect, I’ve seen a lot of love for him. As far as gameplay goes, yeah, he’s a jagen, but he’s a darn useful one and he can keep up for a long time. He’s also utterly essential for surviving the first few chapters of lunatic and up. And, of course, his best crit quote.

I can’t really think of any reason to dislike him, really...
ijSltiY.png OsScJdH.gif Y6PXVHf.gif IDpiM0V.gif
@Hummbirds
I was referring to hatred towards Chrom, but I did get some spite thrown at me for marrying Frederick though
@Hummbirds
I was referring to hatred towards Chrom, but I did get some spite thrown at me for marrying Frederick though
PCyLkux.png
YMPbu9R.png
5hF3FGk.png
@KandieDrifloonie

^^ I married Freddy-bear Frederick my first playthrough as well! He started lagging towards endgame, so I reclassed him to a beginner class (the wyvern one) and levelled him all the way back up. He was terrifying in the final few chapters afterwards

EDIT: Why'd you get spite for marrying Frederick?
@KandieDrifloonie

^^ I married Freddy-bear Frederick my first playthrough as well! He started lagging towards endgame, so I reclassed him to a beginner class (the wyvern one) and levelled him all the way back up. He was terrifying in the final few chapters afterwards

EDIT: Why'd you get spite for marrying Frederick?
Lewyn_updated2.gif
@Tangle
people really hated that I wasn't playing the game the same way as them
@Tangle
people really hated that I wasn't playing the game the same way as them
PCyLkux.png
YMPbu9R.png