Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Best open world MMO?
1 2
I just want to collect things, look at the pretty scenery, play solo, look cool. Maybe ride an animal or be one.

Suggestions?

I feel really low key right now.
I just want to collect things, look at the pretty scenery, play solo, look cool. Maybe ride an animal or be one.

Suggestions?

I feel really low key right now.
[img][/img]bNYcQR6.gif

Goal: 4.25/10 mil in hoard. 800/2,000 gems.
@nocturnite Have you heard of Meadow? It's a really pretty mmo on steam that sounds a lot like what you're looking for! It can get a bit repetitive, but it's very relaxing and gets updates often.
@nocturnite Have you heard of Meadow? It's a really pretty mmo on steam that sounds a lot like what you're looking for! It can get a bit repetitive, but it's very relaxing and gets updates often.
22AwWAB.png
@nocturnite

my favorite is paw'd, but there's a lot of people and a ton of monsters that are hostile in the areas, but aside from that it's pretty cool
oh it's also multiplayer+online
@nocturnite

my favorite is paw'd, but there's a lot of people and a ton of monsters that are hostile in the areas, but aside from that it's pretty cool
oh it's also multiplayer+online
@nocturnite
You could try Star Stable if you like horses. There's tons of horses and gear to buy, beautiful scenery, and you can do questlines and compete against thousands of players, or you can just ride around. It's only free up to level 4 though, but it's worth it if you really like it. It's also updated every Wednesday.
@nocturnite
You could try Star Stable if you like horses. There's tons of horses and gear to buy, beautiful scenery, and you can do questlines and compete against thousands of players, or you can just ride around. It's only free up to level 4 though, but it's worth it if you really like it. It's also updated every Wednesday.
@octurnite

If you don't mind spending money ffxiv is really good.... I know a bunch of people who are crafters/gatherers and only play the story to get to whatever area they need to collect things. Also you can be a dragon, a cat, a potato or a wanna be buff furry.
The area's are really pretty also.....so is the music.........
@octurnite

If you don't mind spending money ffxiv is really good.... I know a bunch of people who are crafters/gatherers and only play the story to get to whatever area they need to collect things. Also you can be a dragon, a cat, a potato or a wanna be buff furry.
The area's are really pretty also.....so is the music.........
yGResdm.gif
@nocturnite
That pretty much sounds like Aura Kingdom. There are quests and stuff, like the things you can find in a typical MMORPG but there are beautiful scenery everywhere. You can look cool, ride a mount or something and play solo. Yes, you can collect things there like ingredients and cook meals with them. Mine rocks for materials and use it for creating things like weapons and stuff.
You can download it on Steam and it's Free.
@nocturnite
That pretty much sounds like Aura Kingdom. There are quests and stuff, like the things you can find in a typical MMORPG but there are beautiful scenery everywhere. You can look cool, ride a mount or something and play solo. Yes, you can collect things there like ingredients and cook meals with them. Mine rocks for materials and use it for creating things like weapons and stuff.
You can download it on Steam and it's Free.
m59NfS2.png
Wow thanks everyone! I'll check some out!
Wow thanks everyone! I'll check some out!
[img][/img]bNYcQR6.gif

Goal: 4.25/10 mil in hoard. 800/2,000 gems.
@nocturnite
It's not an Mmo, but I think you're looking for Zelda Breath of the Wild. It's stunning. The world is huge and you can freely roam most of it, there are enemies but you can run from/avoid them and not fight, there are horses to ride, and most of all;the most stunning scenery. There are plenty of quests but they're not required unless you're focusing on the story. I think the game's only con is that you have to have a WiiU or a Nintendo Switch to play it on, and that the game itself is kind of pricey. I can't stress enough how much I recommend it though.
@nocturnite
It's not an Mmo, but I think you're looking for Zelda Breath of the Wild. It's stunning. The world is huge and you can freely roam most of it, there are enemies but you can run from/avoid them and not fight, there are horses to ride, and most of all;the most stunning scenery. There are plenty of quests but they're not required unless you're focusing on the story. I think the game's only con is that you have to have a WiiU or a Nintendo Switch to play it on, and that the game itself is kind of pricey. I can't stress enough how much I recommend it though.
@nocturnite

Seconding Meadow and Star Stable. The former is only 3 dollars and is really cute and relaxing, though it does get old, and the latter has surprising depth and really lovely scenery - plus you get to have a horse companion.
@nocturnite

Seconding Meadow and Star Stable. The former is only 3 dollars and is really cute and relaxing, though it does get old, and the latter has surprising depth and really lovely scenery - plus you get to have a horse companion.

aKHNXwM.png
@nocturnite have you ever played guild wars 2? it's packed with sooo many features everyone finds something for them. from what i remember, if does have everything you mentioned! the scenery is beautiful, you can collect things (and craft with them if that interests you), and the clothing options are pretty rad. you can have an animal familiar accompany you and help you fight enemies and i'm pretty sure i've seen people riding animals too. i never looked into that feature myself though so i could be wrong? but it's def worth checking out if your computer can run it. (also it's free! there are paid options but they're hardly necessary.)
@nocturnite have you ever played guild wars 2? it's packed with sooo many features everyone finds something for them. from what i remember, if does have everything you mentioned! the scenery is beautiful, you can collect things (and craft with them if that interests you), and the clothing options are pretty rad. you can have an animal familiar accompany you and help you fight enemies and i'm pretty sure i've seen people riding animals too. i never looked into that feature myself though so i could be wrong? but it's def worth checking out if your computer can run it. (also it's free! there are paid options but they're hardly necessary.)
1 2