Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | who DOESN'T hate their job?
1 2 3
My summer job is playing the piano accompaniments to voice students and a glee club, it's a bit stressful but really fun and rewarding :)
My summer job is playing the piano accompaniments to voice students and a glee club, it's a bit stressful but really fun and rewarding :)
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do4_500.png
I work as a Spanish and English Writing tutor, and I currently enjoy it.
I work as a Spanish and English Writing tutor, and I currently enjoy it.
My current job is trying to get a job.

I hate it.
My current job is trying to get a job.

I hate it.
ethanol_by_dislike_like-dbg3xow.png
Right now I work as a housekeeper for assistant living.

Yeah, cleaning toilets and mopping floors doesn't necessarily seem like a very enjoyable job, but...? I've gotten used to it and my clients are all really sweet people. I think they just like having someone stopping by every week to visit with. I enjoy my clients, thus making the job itself pretty enjoyable. I'm trying to train myself up to CNA.
Right now I work as a housekeeper for assistant living.

Yeah, cleaning toilets and mopping floors doesn't necessarily seem like a very enjoyable job, but...? I've gotten used to it and my clients are all really sweet people. I think they just like having someone stopping by every week to visit with. I enjoy my clients, thus making the job itself pretty enjoyable. I'm trying to train myself up to CNA.
eg1jZa2.png
Programming! Always a new problem to solve. When it works it's amazing, when it doesn't it's...well, a good excuse to give a punching bag a workout. Gonna be so ripped by the end of the project 8D
Programming! Always a new problem to solve. When it works it's amazing, when it doesn't it's...well, a good excuse to give a punching bag a workout. Gonna be so ripped by the end of the project 8D
cL9yafY.gif
I like mine, I do security work. The hours are tough because it's anywhere from 4 to 16 on the needs of the client but it's pretty fun. It's very stressful yes, but I do enjoy the work. Plus it kinda give you a motivation to continue to eat healthy and workout because you have to be ready for anything.

....it also helps you become intolerant to stressful situations and remain levelheaded.
I like mine, I do security work. The hours are tough because it's anywhere from 4 to 16 on the needs of the client but it's pretty fun. It's very stressful yes, but I do enjoy the work. Plus it kinda give you a motivation to continue to eat healthy and workout because you have to be ready for anything.

....it also helps you become intolerant to stressful situations and remain levelheaded.
yGResdm.gif
I used to work as a freelance game translator, it was pretty fun! Switched to an office job though, it pays better (I'm paralegal). I work with patents now and get to see new stuff being invented which isn't even on sale yet :3 Mostly paperwork, but I don't mind it.
I used to work as a freelance game translator, it was pretty fun! Switched to an office job though, it pays better (I'm paralegal). I work with patents now and get to see new stuff being invented which isn't even on sale yet :3 Mostly paperwork, but I don't mind it.
I work throughout summer as a sailing instructor! I absolutely love it! It's well paid and each day brings something different. I have worked with such a wide multitude of people, too, which is really great and helps me put myself out there because I'm actually a very awkwardly shy person when I'm not teaching

I'm hoping to get a job in the art world in the future but for now, sailing is is super fun
I work throughout summer as a sailing instructor! I absolutely love it! It's well paid and each day brings something different. I have worked with such a wide multitude of people, too, which is really great and helps me put myself out there because I'm actually a very awkwardly shy person when I'm not teaching

I'm hoping to get a job in the art world in the future but for now, sailing is is super fun
RpJRPaD.png
uGR9lra.png
EuyQ8QK.png
QuQZYv7.png
a
I'm an ESL (English as a second language) instructor, have been for over 3 years now. I think whether one likes the job or not depends on the clients and office, though. The office I work at is pretty cheerful, and the supes are easy to talk to. As for the clients, nearly all of my students are Japanese, mostly professionals: salespeople, engineers, teachers, etc. They're largely earnest, cheerful, and easy to talk to.

The job itself is not at all difficult. I sit before a computer and Skype with a student; we use a textbook or just talk about various topics, depending on the lesson type they've chosen. The pay is not spectacular, but the bonuses are quite easy to earn (punctuality, customer satisfaction, etc.). About the only difficulties I've encountered are tricky grammar/vocabulary questions from students, such as, "What's the difference between 'big' and 'large'?"
I'm an ESL (English as a second language) instructor, have been for over 3 years now. I think whether one likes the job or not depends on the clients and office, though. The office I work at is pretty cheerful, and the supes are easy to talk to. As for the clients, nearly all of my students are Japanese, mostly professionals: salespeople, engineers, teachers, etc. They're largely earnest, cheerful, and easy to talk to.

The job itself is not at all difficult. I sit before a computer and Skype with a student; we use a textbook or just talk about various topics, depending on the lesson type they've chosen. The pay is not spectacular, but the bonuses are quite easy to earn (punctuality, customer satisfaction, etc.). About the only difficulties I've encountered are tricky grammar/vocabulary questions from students, such as, "What's the difference between 'big' and 'large'?"
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
I'm on the road to biology jobs, but currently work for a TINY restaurant & catering business. My feet hurt constantly, I always smell like bleach & grease, but the amount of cookie dough I consume on a daily basis outweighs all of the pain.

Small businesses are great. They care for their people. AND they will feed you leftover ice cream and cookies
I'm on the road to biology jobs, but currently work for a TINY restaurant & catering business. My feet hurt constantly, I always smell like bleach & grease, but the amount of cookie dough I consume on a daily basis outweighs all of the pain.

Small businesses are great. They care for their people. AND they will feed you leftover ice cream and cookies
16453.png16479.png16477.png16454.png
NOTE: my username is quinceLy, not quincy/quincey --- den/lair cleanout!!
1 2 3