Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | OC Sharing
1 2 3 4 5 6
@DeoxyHelix
Hah! I know the one :P
@DeoxyHelix
Hah! I know the one :P
@azabelle
tysm!
@azabelle
tysm!
UOO8oB4.png
KdJtVsv.png
Rw7uKRS.png
mlHpBMC.png
I have a few others, but Fierenn (Fi-er-en) is my main OC. I have no idea where her name came from. :'D My friend and I made up random words and fit them together into something that sounded like a name for a dragon. I have made a few changes to her design, this reference isn't up to date. ^^; [img]http://pre01.deviantart.net/7423/th/pre/i/2017/029/8/6/fierenn_reference_2017_by_theshadetaken-dax65rx.jpg[/img] I'm not quite too sure on her background or anything yet, but I'm getting there. :o
I have a few others, but Fierenn (Fi-er-en) is my main OC. I have no idea where her name came from. :'D My friend and I made up random words and fit them together into something that sounded like a name for a dragon. I have made a few changes to her design, this reference isn't up to date. ^^;

fierenn_reference_2017_by_theshadetaken-dax65rx.jpg

I'm not quite too sure on her background or anything yet, but I'm getting there. :o
FossilDust
VpMOGhK.png
n29EMdP.png
qesQFkT.gif
ePOliyb.png
eswSnrS.png
mmoRz30.png
[color=#800040]@lamarqueisdead I love the concept of Alias 403! Also, that fabulous hair. I'd really be interested in reading the story once it's finished! @Mongoose Aaaaah, what a cute design! I 'm a big fan of characters with multiple eyes and big arms, and he has both!! <3 Love his personality and his art as well! My only OC with art is Dragon ... and she's just a side-character that I love to draw and day-dream about. [img]http://i.imgur.com/QTJkIh9.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/iIrk1Wj.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/a4SPaZl.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/tzuoRRd.jpg[/img] (The last picture is one of the reference sheets I'm working on for her, because I want to commission someone to make a plushie-version of her. Also, I fixed her posture and design a little. She just looks a little wonky on all the other pictures, at least imo.) I got the original idea for her from a few random late-night doodles: [img]http://i.imgur.com/jYEeb56.png[/img] And from those, I just started refining the design more. She's based on monitor lizards, a group of reptiles that also contains komodo dragons, which are her namesake! (She's the only OC with a lazy name like that, I promise.) She's supposed to be an artificially created alien organism used for illegal animal fighting, but she escaped her owner once she was fully grown. Now she just roams the galaxy, picking fights and trying to survive. Since she is, after all, "just" an animal, I decided that she can't speak, doesn't have a concept of morals or anything else that might be related to personhood. She mostly cares about herself and sees other animals as competition for food and other resources, but just like normal animals, she shows an unexpected soft side at times and helps other animals out. In the end, she'll always be a solitary animal, though, and doesn't form any close bonds. Her huge arms are her main form of defense - the best description I have for them is "hammer arms" (which lead to my friend immediately thinking of [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo]this song[/url], which is now her official theme song). They're very muscular and heavy and pack quite a punch! She's able to punch through walls in extreme cases - you really don't want to be hit by her. Her hands aren't very mobile, since they're kind of fused with her forearms, meaning that she usually has to use her whole arm if she wants to shift her hands even a little. Her fingers aren't very flexible, either - she can curl them into a fist and grab things with them (and crush bones with them when gripping hard enough), but she wouldn't be able to do more complex things with them like writing or using a screwdriver (not that she'd ever have to, anyway). Because most of her weight is in her upper body half, especially in her arms, she always stands kinda hunched over (as shown in the first and last picture). Her tail is very heavy and muscular, too, and acts as a counterweight. She [i]can[/i] raise her arms above her head, and does so when she wants to punch someone/something into the ground, but she can hold them up only for a short amount of time, and it costs a lot of strenght (and causes a lot of strain on her back). Because moving her arms is so tiring, she usually waits for the perfect moment to strike. I still haven't figured out how she walks, exactly, but it's kind of a mix between jumping and running, Her legs are powerful enough to hold her up and jump, but they're also really short in comparison to her arms, and not good for "normal" walking like other animals do. And yes, she doesn't have eyes :^)[/color] ---------------------------------- [color=#800040]One of my other OCs is Klopotrof! (More about his weird name in a moment.) [img]http://i.imgur.com/qCnh6JS.jpg[/img] ^ this is literally the only picture I have of him right now, and it's not even him specifically, but a general doodle that depicts his species. (I used to have more, but they all kinda ... vanished.) He's part of a larger project that I'm working on, a series of science fiction stories about a boy who somehow ends up in space. Klopotrof is one of the aliens he travels and works with and the captain of the ship they're travelling on, the [i]Clara[/i]. (It was designed by humans, hence the human name.) He's about 50 (human) years old, smokes a lot, and used to repair ships before he decided to leave his home-planet and become a captain himself. He's a father figure for his tiny crew (consisting of Lawrence Laurel the human, Mojo Iphraim - a sort of lizard alien - and his daughter Hatara). He has blue skin, purple compound eyes and several rows of teeth, just like a shark! He always seems a little grumpy, doesn't like music at all (for his species, music is just another form of noise) and makes a lot of sarcastic remarks. He also calls Lawrence "son" or "my boy" all the time and doesn't take no ****. His wife divorced him when their daughter was only about two years old, because their relationship had grown sour, resulting in them arguing a lot and being angry at each other all the time - and she was fed up with his unhealthy drinking habits (which is a valid reason, of course! I really can't blame her.) He feels extremely guilty about all of it and has stopped drinking ever since his wife threw him out of his own home. He still loves his ex-wife, but he knows that she never wants to see him again. What pained him most, though, was being seperated from his daughter, which he loved even more, but they were reunited years later when they happened to meet each other by chance, and Hatara decided to travel with her father. I don't really have much else when it comes to personality or back story yet, but I'm working on it! I have a few more ideas about his species in general, though: - They all have blue or blue-green skin, with their underside being a little lighter. They can have darker spots or stripes (or both), and their eyes are usually purple, green or blue, with purple being the most common color. - They evolved from semi-aquatic fish-hunters, and still usually settle near water. - His species is known for their huge harbors, which are some of the biggest in the galaxy! - They don't have gills, but they're able to hold their breath for about ten to 15 minutes, and are fast swimmers. - They only have four fingers/toes on their hands/feet instead of five like we do. - Only the males have those long spikes on their head and necks, as well as the pointed chin and pronounced jaws! The females have spikes, too, but they're much, much shorter, their chins are less pointy and they don't have pronounced jaws. The spikes, chins and pronounced jaws are secondary sex characteristics, which are supposed to look attractive to the females! (in terms of attractiveness, Klopotrof is about average, so he's not ugly, but also not particularly eye-catching.) Foreigners usually struggle with telling young males and females apart, because they look pretty much the same until puperty sets in, and there's no discernible height difference between the sexes like in humans. Plus, some males never grow spikes, while some females can develop longer spikes due to hormones acting crazy, and there's a pretty high percentage of intersex individuals. - their average height is about 1.60 meters or 5.2 feet (not counting the spikes). The original idea for Klopotrof came from a short story I wrote years ago, which was based on a dream my best friend had (kudos to @ParadoxBox). Obviously I tried to make the story as weird and funny as possible, hence Klopotrof's weird name! It was just me being silly. Also, he used to be a blue, sparkly blob with three legs, four arms and goggle eyes who spread glitter wherever he went. That story is also where Lawrence and the [i]Clara[/i] originated from! Later on I got an actual idea for a series of short stories involving the two characters and changed the designs to something more, uh ... appropriate. What stayed of Klopotrof's design were the six eyes, shark teeth and his blue skin, as well as the fact that his species only has four fingers/toes. [s]Sorry for writing so mugh orz There's so many more OCs I could talk about, but I wrote way too much already[/s][/color]
@lamarqueisdead I love the concept of Alias 403! Also, that fabulous hair. I'd really be interested in reading the story once it's finished!

@Mongoose Aaaaah, what a cute design! I 'm a big fan of characters with multiple eyes and big arms, and he has both!! <3 Love his personality and his art as well!

My only OC with art is Dragon ... and she's just a side-character that I love to draw and day-dream about.

QTJkIh9.png
iIrk1Wj.png
a4SPaZl.png
tzuoRRd.jpg

(The last picture is one of the reference sheets I'm working on for her, because I want to commission someone to make a plushie-version of her. Also, I fixed her posture and design a little. She just looks a little wonky on all the other pictures, at least imo.)

I got the original idea for her from a few random late-night doodles:

jYEeb56.png

And from those, I just started refining the design more. She's based on monitor lizards, a group of reptiles that also contains komodo dragons, which are her namesake! (She's the only OC with a lazy name like that, I promise.) She's supposed to be an artificially created alien organism used for illegal animal fighting, but she escaped her owner once she was fully grown. Now she just roams the galaxy, picking fights and trying to survive. Since she is, after all, "just" an animal, I decided that she can't speak, doesn't have a concept of morals or anything else that might be related to personhood. She mostly cares about herself and sees other animals as competition for food and other resources, but just like normal animals, she shows an unexpected soft side at times and helps other animals out. In the end, she'll always be a solitary animal, though, and doesn't form any close bonds.

Her huge arms are her main form of defense - the best description I have for them is "hammer arms" (which lead to my friend immediately thinking of this song, which is now her official theme song). They're very muscular and heavy and pack quite a punch! She's able to punch through walls in extreme cases - you really don't want to be hit by her. Her hands aren't very mobile, since they're kind of fused with her forearms, meaning that she usually has to use her whole arm if she wants to shift her hands even a little. Her fingers aren't very flexible, either - she can curl them into a fist and grab things with them (and crush bones with them when gripping hard enough), but she wouldn't be able to do more complex things with them like writing or using a screwdriver (not that she'd ever have to, anyway).

Because most of her weight is in her upper body half, especially in her arms, she always stands kinda hunched over (as shown in the first and last picture). Her tail is very heavy and muscular, too, and acts as a counterweight. She can raise her arms above her head, and does so when she wants to punch someone/something into the ground, but she can hold them up only for a short amount of time, and it costs a lot of strenght (and causes a lot of strain on her back). Because moving her arms is so tiring, she usually waits for the perfect moment to strike.

I still haven't figured out how she walks, exactly, but it's kind of a mix between jumping and running, Her legs are powerful enough to hold her up and jump, but they're also really short in comparison to her arms, and not good for "normal" walking like other animals do. And yes, she doesn't have eyes :^)

One of my other OCs is Klopotrof! (More about his weird name in a moment.)

qCnh6JS.jpg

^ this is literally the only picture I have of him right now, and it's not even him specifically, but a general doodle that depicts his species. (I used to have more, but they all kinda ... vanished.) He's part of a larger project that I'm working on, a series of science fiction stories about a boy who somehow ends up in space. Klopotrof is one of the aliens he travels and works with and the captain of the ship they're travelling on, the Clara. (It was designed by humans, hence the human name.)

He's about 50 (human) years old, smokes a lot, and used to repair ships before he decided to leave his home-planet and become a captain himself. He's a father figure for his tiny crew (consisting of Lawrence Laurel the human, Mojo Iphraim - a sort of lizard alien - and his daughter Hatara). He has blue skin, purple compound eyes and several rows of teeth, just like a shark! He always seems a little grumpy, doesn't like music at all (for his species, music is just another form of noise) and makes a lot of sarcastic remarks. He also calls Lawrence "son" or "my boy" all the time and doesn't take no ****.

His wife divorced him when their daughter was only about two years old, because their relationship had grown sour, resulting in them arguing a lot and being angry at each other all the time - and she was fed up with his unhealthy drinking habits (which is a valid reason, of course! I really can't blame her.) He feels extremely guilty about all of it and has stopped drinking ever since his wife threw him out of his own home. He still loves his ex-wife, but he knows that she never wants to see him again. What pained him most, though, was being seperated from his daughter, which he loved even more, but they were reunited years later when they happened to meet each other by chance, and Hatara decided to travel with her father.

I don't really have much else when it comes to personality or back story yet, but I'm working on it! I have a few more ideas about his species in general, though:

- They all have blue or blue-green skin, with their underside being a little lighter. They can have darker spots or stripes (or both), and their eyes are usually purple, green or blue, with purple being the most common color.

- They evolved from semi-aquatic fish-hunters, and still usually settle near water.

- His species is known for their huge harbors, which are some of the biggest in the galaxy!

- They don't have gills, but they're able to hold their breath for about ten to 15 minutes, and are fast swimmers.

- They only have four fingers/toes on their hands/feet instead of five like we do.

- Only the males have those long spikes on their head and necks, as well as the pointed chin and pronounced jaws! The females have spikes, too, but they're much, much shorter, their chins are less pointy and they don't have pronounced jaws. The spikes, chins and pronounced jaws are secondary sex characteristics, which are supposed to look attractive to the females! (in terms of attractiveness, Klopotrof is about average, so he's not ugly, but also not particularly eye-catching.) Foreigners usually struggle with telling young males and females apart, because they look pretty much the same until puperty sets in, and there's no discernible height difference between the sexes like in humans. Plus, some males never grow spikes, while some females can develop longer spikes due to hormones acting crazy, and there's a pretty high percentage of intersex individuals.

- their average height is about 1.60 meters or 5.2 feet (not counting the spikes).

The original idea for Klopotrof came from a short story I wrote years ago, which was based on a dream my best friend had (kudos to @ParadoxBox). Obviously I tried to make the story as weird and funny as possible, hence Klopotrof's weird name! It was just me being silly. Also, he used to be a blue, sparkly blob with three legs, four arms and goggle eyes who spread glitter wherever he went. That story is also where Lawrence and the Clara originated from! Later on I got an actual idea for a series of short stories involving the two characters and changed the designs to something more, uh ... appropriate. What stayed of Klopotrof's design were the six eyes, shark teeth and his blue skin, as well as the fact that his species only has four fingers/toes.

Sorry for writing so mugh orz There's so many more OCs I could talk about, but I wrote way too much already
iIrk1Wj.png
@applejuice
Ah I love your characters!! You out so much thought I tot he littlest things like how they use their body and stuff!. That's so cool. Don't worry about writing so much I enjoyed reading it all haha!
I also love Klopotrof's extensive backstory :P I never would have guessed he'd be divorced! With that face?? Come on.

@TheShadeTaken
What a beautiful character! I love the colors and the design they're so pretty~ and I think the name is very interesting.
@applejuice
Ah I love your characters!! You out so much thought I tot he littlest things like how they use their body and stuff!. That's so cool. Don't worry about writing so much I enjoyed reading it all haha!
I also love Klopotrof's extensive backstory :P I never would have guessed he'd be divorced! With that face?? Come on.

@TheShadeTaken
What a beautiful character! I love the colors and the design they're so pretty~ and I think the name is very interesting.
@Azabelle

Haha, thanks!!

I'm actually updating the reference right now, so I'll share it when it's completed. ^^;
@Azabelle

Haha, thanks!!

I'm actually updating the reference right now, so I'll share it when it's completed. ^^;
FossilDust
VpMOGhK.png
n29EMdP.png
qesQFkT.gif
ePOliyb.png
eswSnrS.png
mmoRz30.png
Delithraviel: She's a really old character, like 7 years maybe? She's changed a lot since then. I'm afraid the best I can do is showing screenshot from Sims because I can't draw and don't have money for commissions lmao. [columns][img]http://i.imgur.com/uRRgrGl.png[/img][nextcol]Tis her. She's a grumpy True neutral type thief. She also suffers from depression. The story is set around middle-ages I suppose, so depression wasn't called that, of course. She doesn't even like being a thief she just enjoys picking the locks and figuring out how they work. Dislikes any kind of romance and is uncomfortable with it. (I made her Sims character Unflirty, this is the look she gets when anyone around her is Doing A Relationship thing.)[/columns]
Delithraviel:
She's a really old character, like 7 years maybe? She's changed a lot since then. I'm afraid the best I can do is showing screenshot from Sims because I can't draw and don't have money for commissions lmao.
uRRgrGl.png Tis her.
She's a grumpy True neutral type thief. She also suffers from depression. The story is set around middle-ages I suppose, so depression wasn't called that, of course. She doesn't even like being a thief she just enjoys picking the locks and figuring out how they work. Dislikes any kind of romance and is uncomfortable with it.
(I made her Sims character Unflirty, this is the look she gets when anyone around her is Doing A Relationship thing.)
@TheShadeTaken
Can't wait to see~

@Dunmer
Hah! What a great expression. She sounds super interesting~ Very not cliche in the slightest which is nice to see.
@TheShadeTaken
Can't wait to see~

@Dunmer
Hah! What a great expression. She sounds super interesting~ Very not cliche in the slightest which is nice to see.
My big boy! He's the size of a Clydesdale and serves as a war mount .u. [img]http://orig09.deviantart.net/0d5a/f/2017/017/8/9/rhaigho_revamp_sketch_by_irritatorraji-davobn4.png[/img] [img]http://orig00.deviantart.net/c3bc/f/2017/070/2/5/25f869d1ac30bfac149ee40563d5bce4-db1z6ag.png[/img] [img]http://orig02.deviantart.net/f664/f/2017/071/a/2/to_the_sky_by_irritatorraji-db22ikf.png[/img]
My big boy! He's the size of a Clydesdale and serves as a war mount .u.
rhaigho_revamp_sketch_by_irritatorraji-davobn4.png
25f869d1ac30bfac149ee40563d5bce4-db1z6ag.png
to_the_sky_by_irritatorraji-db22ikf.png
Tn4aWhc.png
@IrritatorRaji
Whoooaaa he's super rad!!
@IrritatorRaji
Whoooaaa he's super rad!!
1 2 3 4 5 6