Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Your strange phobias
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17
Most of my phobias aren't overly weird. Enclosed spaces, going outside, large crowds of people and dogs are fairly common things to be afraid of.

What IS weird is being terrified of a tv show to the point where you can't see art of the characters without going into a full-on panic attack. Like I'm serious, sometimes this show will play in my nightmares and make me wake up in a frenzy because of it. It's not normal.
Granted this response is related to trauma but it's still a pretty odd thing to be afraid of.
Most of my phobias aren't overly weird. Enclosed spaces, going outside, large crowds of people and dogs are fairly common things to be afraid of.

What IS weird is being terrified of a tv show to the point where you can't see art of the characters without going into a full-on panic attack. Like I'm serious, sometimes this show will play in my nightmares and make me wake up in a frenzy because of it. It's not normal.
Granted this response is related to trauma but it's still a pretty odd thing to be afraid of.
ethanol_by_dislike_like-dbg3xow.png
[quote name="ErsatzLace" date=2017-04-19 06:48:49] In common phobias, I'm also an arachnophobe, but I really really wish I wasn't. I've got nothing against spiders (and considering I love snakes, the other commonly feared creature, I do empathize), but I can't help the rush of anxiety whenever I spot one near me in real life. [/quote] Hello person. I also have a fear of spiders from when I was young. Yeah, funny story actually... There was a dead one under our dryer standing on all eight legs with its eyes still opened, I was bouncing a basket ball (I think. Memory is a little fuzzy) against the dryer side while sitting on the floor and I looked down and it was there. Staring at me. I lived in Washington State at the time so I do believe it was one of the larger Wolf Spiders around our house... But as mentioned before, my memory is fuzzy and I only really remember it because it scared be half to death. Yeah I was like 5? 6 maybe? Maybe 4... I don't really remember much other then it was under the dryer, standing, with its eyes open, and looking right at me. Now that I'm older I'm not as afraid of them and typically leave them alone (there was one on the windowsill of my bathroom for the longest time and I think either something killed it or a housemate who also uses the same bathroom did... I'm kinda sad though 'cause it was really small so I actually thought it was cute... anyway-) but I also live with two cats so.... Uhmmm.... Usually they eat anything small. I also have a fear of bees, wasps, yellow-jackets, etc. etc. Basically anything that flies and buzzes I hate with every fiber of my being and will try to run away as fast as I can whenever I see one. I think this fear mostly stems from a subconscious memory of being stung by one and nearly dying when I was really really little (I think I was only around a year old??) and yeah... I had a severe allergic reaction and had to be taken to the hospital. According to my mum my entire hand swelled up. I think I subconsciously remember that day and I have a fear of buzzing bugs because of it. Buzzing toys, phones, etc. etc. are fine so it's not the sound that gets to me... *shrugs* It's really weird. Though I don't like bugs in general so... But I'm fine with snakes, worms, snails, slugs, lizards (saved several from my cat because there was a slight hole in our window screen at the time), and all them other weird creepycrawly creatures I'm fine with. I'll even take stickbugs (only one gender though because I had some for something back in preschool and they ended up breeding... Kept finding stickbugs all over the house for months after. That was fun. Especially since all the babies escaped... Randomly you'd see one on the ceiling and go 'Oh. We missed another one.' I also have a fear of needles and hospitals in general. Though I don't mind them I just have very bad experiences and try to avoid them if I can. But this is probably a much more common fear... Anyway... This has gone on long enough. I'mma just post it now... Bye.
ErsatzLace wrote on 2017-04-19:
In common phobias, I'm also an arachnophobe, but I really really wish I wasn't. I've got nothing against spiders (and considering I love snakes, the other commonly feared creature, I do empathize), but I can't help the rush of anxiety whenever I spot one near me in real life.
Hello person. I also have a fear of spiders from when I was young. Yeah, funny story actually... There was a dead one under our dryer standing on all eight legs with its eyes still opened, I was bouncing a basket ball (I think. Memory is a little fuzzy) against the dryer side while sitting on the floor and I looked down and it was there. Staring at me. I lived in Washington State at the time so I do believe it was one of the larger Wolf Spiders around our house... But as mentioned before, my memory is fuzzy and I only really remember it because it scared be half to death. Yeah I was like 5? 6 maybe? Maybe 4... I don't really remember much other then it was under the dryer, standing, with its eyes open, and looking right at me.

Now that I'm older I'm not as afraid of them and typically leave them alone (there was one on the windowsill of my bathroom for the longest time and I think either something killed it or a housemate who also uses the same bathroom did... I'm kinda sad though 'cause it was really small so I actually thought it was cute... anyway-) but I also live with two cats so.... Uhmmm.... Usually they eat anything small.

I also have a fear of bees, wasps, yellow-jackets, etc. etc. Basically anything that flies and buzzes I hate with every fiber of my being and will try to run away as fast as I can whenever I see one.

I think this fear mostly stems from a subconscious memory of being stung by one and nearly dying when I was really really little (I think I was only around a year old??) and yeah... I had a severe allergic reaction and had to be taken to the hospital. According to my mum my entire hand swelled up. I think I subconsciously remember that day and I have a fear of buzzing bugs because of it. Buzzing toys, phones, etc. etc. are fine so it's not the sound that gets to me... *shrugs* It's really weird.

Though I don't like bugs in general so...

But I'm fine with snakes, worms, snails, slugs, lizards (saved several from my cat because there was a slight hole in our window screen at the time), and all them other weird creepycrawly creatures I'm fine with. I'll even take stickbugs (only one gender though because I had some for something back in preschool and they ended up breeding... Kept finding stickbugs all over the house for months after. That was fun. Especially since all the babies escaped... Randomly you'd see one on the ceiling and go 'Oh. We missed another one.'

I also have a fear of needles and hospitals in general. Though I don't mind them I just have very bad experiences and try to avoid them if I can. But this is probably a much more common fear...

Anyway... This has gone on long enough. I'mma just post it now... Bye.
Sora. Non-Binary, They/He. Members of our system sign off, if no sign off, assume Sora is speaking. Anyone who speaks is an adult
V6tmaNc.pngsmPAAMS.pngLRdLP2V.pngOxagJgG.png
i have a deathly fear of bees/wasps/hornets. i will go into a full fledged panic if i see one even remotely close to me.

i'm also crazy scared of the ocean, but more like being far out in the ocean where you can no longer see land. large masses of water in general freak me out.
i have a deathly fear of bees/wasps/hornets. i will go into a full fledged panic if i see one even remotely close to me.

i'm also crazy scared of the ocean, but more like being far out in the ocean where you can no longer see land. large masses of water in general freak me out.
kaylee
she/her
fr +2
"Megalohydrothalassophobia"
The fear of objects lurking beneath water.
"Megalohydrothalassophobia"
The fear of objects lurking beneath water.
zhMvOXK.png
well, uh, i have two 'phobias' that i've had for a while. here they are:

spectrophobia (fear of mirrors/reflective surfaces; i blame horror movies)

haphephobia (fear of physical contact/touch; i can't blame anyone here, it's just me)
well, uh, i have two 'phobias' that i've had for a while. here they are:

spectrophobia (fear of mirrors/reflective surfaces; i blame horror movies)

haphephobia (fear of physical contact/touch; i can't blame anyone here, it's just me)
Wy0IOy1.png
Icebergs. You can't trust them. I dare you to go look at pictures of icebergs, especially pics that show just how much of the iceberg is under water.
Irrational fear of centipedes too but that's not as strange as my very real fear of icebergs.
Icebergs. You can't trust them. I dare you to go look at pictures of icebergs, especially pics that show just how much of the iceberg is under water.
Irrational fear of centipedes too but that's not as strange as my very real fear of icebergs.
fear of time travel.
fear of time travel.
WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

Many matchy g1s up for offer here! Send a PM!
29369802.png featured
dragon
I have a fear of sheep, I don't know if this fear has a proper name cause I'll probably get a picture of sheep if I try. They really freak me out
I have a fear of sheep, I don't know if this fear has a proper name cause I'll probably get a picture of sheep if I try. They really freak me out
sigFR.png
People touching me. It makes me extremely uncomfortable. Like, touch me, you're dead. Poke me, you're dead. Come within a foot of me, you're dead.
People touching me. It makes me extremely uncomfortable. Like, touch me, you're dead. Poke me, you're dead. Come within a foot of me, you're dead.
tastefulmarketing.gif
I don't have any phobias per sé, but I have many fears... I can't say I'm even afraid of very many physical things/situations, as I'm more afraid of psychological situations. For instance, one of my greatest fears is that something bad will happen to one of my friends and everyone will forget to tell me and I won't be there with them while they recover. I'm also afraid of ever being potentially put in a hospital, asylum, prison, or nursing home, because even if it's for my own good, I'm terrified of feeling isolated. I also have a very strong aversion to situations that could result in me getting in trouble or anything like that because I'm afraid people's opinions of me will change.
I don't have any phobias per sé, but I have many fears... I can't say I'm even afraid of very many physical things/situations, as I'm more afraid of psychological situations. For instance, one of my greatest fears is that something bad will happen to one of my friends and everyone will forget to tell me and I won't be there with them while they recover. I'm also afraid of ever being potentially put in a hospital, asylum, prison, or nursing home, because even if it's for my own good, I'm terrified of feeling isolated. I also have a very strong aversion to situations that could result in me getting in trouble or anything like that because I'm afraid people's opinions of me will change.
Quote:
To love is to be afraid. You are frightened, deathly terrified, that something will happen to those you love. Think of the possibilities. Does your heart clench with each thought? That, my friend, is love.
-Marie Lu, The Young Elites
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17