Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Your strange phobias
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
Also I currently have a strong aversion (not a fear) of humans vomiting. Between the sounds they make and the SMELL I just.... I cannot.

Animals I can deal with (cats moreso than dogs because for some reason hairballs do not really have a smell) but humans just.... Ugh.

Made worse by an alcoholic roommate and the time my father and brother got food poisoning in a hotel room.
Also I currently have a strong aversion (not a fear) of humans vomiting. Between the sounds they make and the SMELL I just.... I cannot.

Animals I can deal with (cats moreso than dogs because for some reason hairballs do not really have a smell) but humans just.... Ugh.

Made worse by an alcoholic roommate and the time my father and brother got food poisoning in a hotel room.
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
I am utterly terrified of mosquitos. And earwigs. I feel like earwigs is a pretty common fear though?

I also can't bring myself to eat/drink food that's been open for more than a day unless it's something that's designed to store food/drink like a large carton of milk or a cereal box or something like that. I just can't. Also if the expiration date is within two or three days, I won't eat it, even though food doesn't usually go bad until at least a couple days after that date.

I think that one started when I took a bite of a babybell cheese thing and it was moldy inside even though it hadn't reached the expiration date. I haven't eaten one since actually, and that was 8 or 9 years ago.
I am utterly terrified of mosquitos. And earwigs. I feel like earwigs is a pretty common fear though?

I also can't bring myself to eat/drink food that's been open for more than a day unless it's something that's designed to store food/drink like a large carton of milk or a cereal box or something like that. I just can't. Also if the expiration date is within two or three days, I won't eat it, even though food doesn't usually go bad until at least a couple days after that date.

I think that one started when I took a bite of a babybell cheese thing and it was moldy inside even though it hadn't reached the expiration date. I haven't eaten one since actually, and that was 8 or 9 years ago.
Check my lair for any dragons I'm selling! If you don't see anything you like, just ask for a pair!
@ErsatzLace are you talking about those little growth things that potatoes get? if so, SAME. i dont know what it is about them that triggers that phobia feeling but they do lol. sometimes weird textures unsettle me like that too.
@ErsatzLace are you talking about those little growth things that potatoes get? if so, SAME. i dont know what it is about them that triggers that phobia feeling but they do lol. sometimes weird textures unsettle me like that too.
ytkEBod.pngll0CfnD.png510b8a63d40dc52d20b17daf90107ad8a80d4b80.png
I have trypophobia (the fear of holes). I also can't stand the dark and I still sleep with a nightlight.

Strangest phobia probably has to be doppelgängers and mirrors. Sometimes the two go hand in hand and it messes with me badly. I actually don't like looking in/at mirrors and I usually cover them.

I also really can't handle buzzing sounds, especially from flies.
I have trypophobia (the fear of holes). I also can't stand the dark and I still sleep with a nightlight.

Strangest phobia probably has to be doppelgängers and mirrors. Sometimes the two go hand in hand and it messes with me badly. I actually don't like looking in/at mirrors and I usually cover them.

I also really can't handle buzzing sounds, especially from flies.
Stairs and such scares the living soul out of me. I once climbed up a ladder to get some stuff. I started hyperventilating and crying and it took me about 3-4 hours before I dared to climb down again. My mother had to throw up some blankets and snacks. Whenever I walk up or down stairs, my heart starts to race and I start shaking. I MUST have something to hold on to. Luckily my house only has three steps of stairs. Hence this, I am not afraid of heights.

I also have phobia against jellyfishes. Even the harmless ones. Also scared of seagrass and such and swimming waters where you can't see the bottom, but not too bad. Jellyfishes are the worst.

Then there is social phobia, which is not strange at all and very common.

Stairs and such scares the living soul out of me. I once climbed up a ladder to get some stuff. I started hyperventilating and crying and it took me about 3-4 hours before I dared to climb down again. My mother had to throw up some blankets and snacks. Whenever I walk up or down stairs, my heart starts to race and I start shaking. I MUST have something to hold on to. Luckily my house only has three steps of stairs. Hence this, I am not afraid of heights.

I also have phobia against jellyfishes. Even the harmless ones. Also scared of seagrass and such and swimming waters where you can't see the bottom, but not too bad. Jellyfishes are the worst.

Then there is social phobia, which is not strange at all and very common.

i am t e r r i f i e d of cats and idk why

like being around them is fine and touching them and stuff is a-okay, but i just don't like them being on me

bc they could sINK THEIR CLAWS INTO ME AT ANYTIME AND I AM TERRIFIED

but if they're not on my lap or anything i'm ok :"^)
i am t e r r i f i e d of cats and idk why

like being around them is fine and touching them and stuff is a-okay, but i just don't like them being on me

bc they could sINK THEIR CLAWS INTO ME AT ANYTIME AND I AM TERRIFIED

but if they're not on my lap or anything i'm ok :"^)
sydney , fem , she/her, + 0

dog person

gimme that gay s--t
aaaaGrotesque-2-_R.png
I don't know if it counts as strange, but I have a huge phobia of flying on airplanes. Like, Helicopters, fine. Heights, fine. Rollercoasters, fine. But airplanes? NOOOoooo!
Like, I start shaking and hyperventilating, I know how safe airplanes are but I'm just so damn scared.
I don't know if it counts as strange, but I have a huge phobia of flying on airplanes. Like, Helicopters, fine. Heights, fine. Rollercoasters, fine. But airplanes? NOOOoooo!
Like, I start shaking and hyperventilating, I know how safe airplanes are but I'm just so damn scared.
Tn4aWhc.png
None of these hit phobia level fear for me but-
-Churches: really any religious space makes me uneasy, but christian churches esp. I don't know why, but I can't spend time in one without getting panicky

-Bugs: I don't kill bugs, but I will run away shrieking if there's a large one hanging around (or crickets. Crickets of all sizes are terrible.)

-Drowning: I love water and being in it, but I have a fear of drowning, so its really hard for me to go into water confidently

-Clowns: as a kid I didn't have this fear, but now? big time. In general adult men in costume for kids weirds me out (mall santas, disney characters, etc), but clowns take it to a whole new level.

-Crowds: I can deal with some people, and I can deal with crowds occasionally, but most of the time touching people I dont know is terrible and I cant stand it.
None of these hit phobia level fear for me but-
-Churches: really any religious space makes me uneasy, but christian churches esp. I don't know why, but I can't spend time in one without getting panicky

-Bugs: I don't kill bugs, but I will run away shrieking if there's a large one hanging around (or crickets. Crickets of all sizes are terrible.)

-Drowning: I love water and being in it, but I have a fear of drowning, so its really hard for me to go into water confidently

-Clowns: as a kid I didn't have this fear, but now? big time. In general adult men in costume for kids weirds me out (mall santas, disney characters, etc), but clowns take it to a whole new level.

-Crowds: I can deal with some people, and I can deal with crowds occasionally, but most of the time touching people I dont know is terrible and I cant stand it.
98bf1699ec3a8a9904ee0a7db6e28469c9948a3c.gif
staring animals.

I mean, for a decently long period of time? I know it's good when humans and dogs stare at each other because it shows love but I still get kinda freaked out. Especially with cats. I own 8 guinea pigs and one of them notoriously liked to stare at the fish we used to have (for, like, a day) and the next day all the fishes died so I really think this is a sign. (The pig did not literally kill the fish tho.)
staring animals.

I mean, for a decently long period of time? I know it's good when humans and dogs stare at each other because it shows love but I still get kinda freaked out. Especially with cats. I own 8 guinea pigs and one of them notoriously liked to stare at the fish we used to have (for, like, a day) and the next day all the fishes died so I really think this is a sign. (The pig did not literally kill the fish tho.)
.- -. -.. | - .... .. ... | .- -. -.. | - .... .. ...
( T H I S | A N D | T H I S | A N D | T H I S )
S1RYPFw.png
Oh boy a thread about phobias! Just what I need!

I have trypophobia, the fear of holes. It sounds rediculous, I know, but ask anyone with it and they're tell you it's like the worst thing ever. I've broken down due to it before, it sucks.

Hmm, and needles, those terrify me. If anyone mentions one, I cringe. If anyone says I have to get one, I start crying? It's weird.

And finally the stupidest one of all, mushrooms! I cannot STAND mushrooms. My mom will go to cook some and I have to leave the room because the smell makes me nauseous. I can't look at them, the ridges they have on the bottom of them is the worst thing in the world. I don't know what it is about them, but maybe because they are classified as a fungus and people eat them? Gross. I'm sorry if you actually like mushrooms.
Oh boy a thread about phobias! Just what I need!

I have trypophobia, the fear of holes. It sounds rediculous, I know, but ask anyone with it and they're tell you it's like the worst thing ever. I've broken down due to it before, it sucks.

Hmm, and needles, those terrify me. If anyone mentions one, I cringe. If anyone says I have to get one, I start crying? It's weird.

And finally the stupidest one of all, mushrooms! I cannot STAND mushrooms. My mom will go to cook some and I have to leave the room because the smell makes me nauseous. I can't look at them, the ridges they have on the bottom of them is the worst thing in the world. I don't know what it is about them, but maybe because they are classified as a fungus and people eat them? Gross. I'm sorry if you actually like mushrooms.
PlagueFamiliars_zpsbj8luezv.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17