Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Your strange phobias
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17
I've always been terrified of flowers since I was a little kid. I don't know what made me so scared of them, I just am. I'm also scared to death of butterflies because I have terrible eyesight and they way they move is hard for my eyes to follow.
I've always been terrified of flowers since I was a little kid. I don't know what made me so scared of them, I just am. I'm also scared to death of butterflies because I have terrible eyesight and they way they move is hard for my eyes to follow.
nZJa3n3.png
Not strange, spiders. But the strange part is that it's a very specific phobia of a certain spider that just naming it will make me squirm uncomfortably and they are literally my biggest fear I can't stand the look or thought of them at all or I get panicked. Unfortunately for me they are aesthetically popular and occur in several things on this site.
Not strange, spiders. But the strange part is that it's a very specific phobia of a certain spider that just naming it will make me squirm uncomfortably and they are literally my biggest fear I can't stand the look or thought of them at all or I get panicked. Unfortunately for me they are aesthetically popular and occur in several things on this site.
65d976aaca38aa0652d6a6bdf8831a59ecf03774.gif
NEEDLES. I don't mean like sewing needles or things like that, I mean medical needles. I don't fear most sharp objects like knives or spikes but medical needles scare the crap out of me. If you tell me I have to get a shot I'll probably start silently freaking out and immediately want to cry, And when I'm in the car on the way there I start to get really anxious, nervous, and scared. Probably every single time I've gotten a shot I've had to be pinned down by someone so I wouldn't try and get away as fast as possible. One time when I was called in (I already knew I was getting a shot) My dad had to pull me in while I started crying and resisting, I can't quite remember but I was probably begging him to not go in. Sometimes I'd get so scared I'd start screaming when they got the needle close to me (Although I don't tend to do that now). They're terrifying, I feel like I freak out in anticipation although I'm not sure. I wouldn't be surprised if I had a panic attack while getting a IV, My freaking out would probably be 10 times wore than the panic I get when I have to get a shot.

NEEDLES. I don't mean like sewing needles or things like that, I mean medical needles. I don't fear most sharp objects like knives or spikes but medical needles scare the crap out of me. If you tell me I have to get a shot I'll probably start silently freaking out and immediately want to cry, And when I'm in the car on the way there I start to get really anxious, nervous, and scared. Probably every single time I've gotten a shot I've had to be pinned down by someone so I wouldn't try and get away as fast as possible. One time when I was called in (I already knew I was getting a shot) My dad had to pull me in while I started crying and resisting, I can't quite remember but I was probably begging him to not go in. Sometimes I'd get so scared I'd start screaming when they got the needle close to me (Although I don't tend to do that now). They're terrifying, I feel like I freak out in anticipation although I'm not sure. I wouldn't be surprised if I had a panic attack while getting a IV, My freaking out would probably be 10 times wore than the panic I get when I have to get a shot.

I am scared of:
Looking into or (gods forbid) touching the insides of faucets and drains. Probably stems from when I was little I convinced myself that the bathtub's faucet produced thunder and would kill me. Now it's just because it's a seemingly endless void hole with grime and something could probably pop out and eat my face.

Looking into a mirror in a dark room. Bushing my teeth at night when everyone is sleeping and I can't turn the lights on is the worst.

Getting pregnant. Hearing what my mother had to go through to birth me, and learning that's what usually happens to someone??? There's no point. Even thinking about it make my stomach churn and my head spin.

Internal pain. Like, with organs and stuff. Kinda ties into the fear of pregnancy. I hate being aware of my body and physical existence and thinking about it too long terrifies me. It's not so much as an existential crisis thing, more of a "Gee, I wish I was a disembodied conscience."

Bugs. They have unpredictable movements, make strange noises, and have strange appearances. Can't tell of they're gonna hurt me or not. However, this phobia isn't as strange as the previous ones.
I am scared of:
Looking into or (gods forbid) touching the insides of faucets and drains. Probably stems from when I was little I convinced myself that the bathtub's faucet produced thunder and would kill me. Now it's just because it's a seemingly endless void hole with grime and something could probably pop out and eat my face.

Looking into a mirror in a dark room. Bushing my teeth at night when everyone is sleeping and I can't turn the lights on is the worst.

Getting pregnant. Hearing what my mother had to go through to birth me, and learning that's what usually happens to someone??? There's no point. Even thinking about it make my stomach churn and my head spin.

Internal pain. Like, with organs and stuff. Kinda ties into the fear of pregnancy. I hate being aware of my body and physical existence and thinking about it too long terrifies me. It's not so much as an existential crisis thing, more of a "Gee, I wish I was a disembodied conscience."

Bugs. They have unpredictable movements, make strange noises, and have strange appearances. Can't tell of they're gonna hurt me or not. However, this phobia isn't as strange as the previous ones.
windows, air, statues, emojis, and mirrors covered with condensation

everything except the windows and mirrors came from doctor who kms
windows, air, statues, emojis, and mirrors covered with condensation

everything except the windows and mirrors came from doctor who kms
Children. Its an incredibly weird fear but i feel so anxious around anyone younger than like 14. They just freak me out. It also extends to child items like toys, bottles, or children's cartoons. Especially under like the age of 12 i will do anything with my power to stay as far away from them as possible.

Oh yeah and mashed potatoes

Im not afraid of spiders but am of wasps. Allergic to bees but i love them.

No problem with needles under every circumstance except seeing my blood drawn. Blood and bleeding do not bother me and neither do syringes. Not even other people's blood being drawn. But if i see my blood being drawn i will faint. I don't even feel anxious or upset just WHOOPS IM DOWN.
Children. Its an incredibly weird fear but i feel so anxious around anyone younger than like 14. They just freak me out. It also extends to child items like toys, bottles, or children's cartoons. Especially under like the age of 12 i will do anything with my power to stay as far away from them as possible.

Oh yeah and mashed potatoes

Im not afraid of spiders but am of wasps. Allergic to bees but i love them.

No problem with needles under every circumstance except seeing my blood drawn. Blood and bleeding do not bother me and neither do syringes. Not even other people's blood being drawn. But if i see my blood being drawn i will faint. I don't even feel anxious or upset just WHOOPS IM DOWN.
tumblr_inline_n5mul9ffe41scrvs1.png
Space. Planets, asteroids, black holes, stars... all of it.
Space. Planets, asteroids, black holes, stars... all of it.
RXOnopg.gif
  • heath.
  • she/they.
  • gay pirate.
  • disabled.
Just as the OP, I also have globophobia - the fear of balloons. I was okay with them until I was like 5 or 6, then something (I'm not sure what exactly) must have happened that triggered this fear. I am able to somehow cope with it but I still need to hold into something - for example my keys - when there are balloons anywhere near.
Just as the OP, I also have globophobia - the fear of balloons. I was okay with them until I was like 5 or 6, then something (I'm not sure what exactly) must have happened that triggered this fear. I am able to somehow cope with it but I still need to hold into something - for example my keys - when there are balloons anywhere near.
I have a fear that the microwave will explode
I have a fear that the microwave will explode
To9iQ.gif GL7NJ.gif 6bDvf.gif fwwSt.gif z446X.gif
- Bears. Don't ask why, I'm just horrified of them.
- Wasps/Hornets/Yellow Jackets etc. I'mm allergic so that could be a reason.
- Ants. Stepped in a red ant nest as a kid that engulfed my whole foot. Yeah no.
- Silverfish/Centipedes/Millipedes.. eugh.
- Fear of pregnancy. I can't stand being around pregnant women. The thought of myself getting pregnant can send me into stress and panic attacks. The scare I had in January was one of the worst times of my life. I freaking hate the thought of something living in me, which is why I'm 150% horrified of parasites. As bad as it sounds I do think of the kid in that sense. I just.. can't deal with it.
- Fear of deep and or dark water. If idk how deep it is you won't find me in that water. I refuse to swim in any lakes/rivers as well for those reasons. The ocean is not a friend of mine.
- Masks or anything covering a person's face to where I can't see it.

Hmm.. those are all my more odd ones. I've typical fears like heights/flying, darkness, small inclosed spaces.
- Bears. Don't ask why, I'm just horrified of them.
- Wasps/Hornets/Yellow Jackets etc. I'mm allergic so that could be a reason.
- Ants. Stepped in a red ant nest as a kid that engulfed my whole foot. Yeah no.
- Silverfish/Centipedes/Millipedes.. eugh.
- Fear of pregnancy. I can't stand being around pregnant women. The thought of myself getting pregnant can send me into stress and panic attacks. The scare I had in January was one of the worst times of my life. I freaking hate the thought of something living in me, which is why I'm 150% horrified of parasites. As bad as it sounds I do think of the kid in that sense. I just.. can't deal with it.
- Fear of deep and or dark water. If idk how deep it is you won't find me in that water. I refuse to swim in any lakes/rivers as well for those reasons. The ocean is not a friend of mine.
- Masks or anything covering a person's face to where I can't see it.

Hmm.. those are all my more odd ones. I've typical fears like heights/flying, darkness, small inclosed spaces.
I'm very blunt and straightforward.
Yes, I never use any vistas.

For ease of access: She/Her.

Also I hoard the hyena familiars.
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17