Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Things in games that freak you out.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17
Fuel scooping supermassive stars in Elite: Dangerous is hell. Absolutely terrifying. Not even in a classic horror sort of way, just... ugh. The idea of falling into a star is just horrifying. And black holes! Ech. I hate them. You literally can't see them at all... just a patch of black in the darkness of space, waiting to crush you into a singularity. D:

Subnautica freaks me out a little too, especially when I'm cave diving. My claustrophobia kicks in and I end up completely disoriented and lost, and then I run out of air... nope.

Oh! Also, damn Vault 22 in Fallout: New Vegas. And the fricking Sierra Madre and it's bloody ghost people! NOPE NOPE NOPE.
Fuel scooping supermassive stars in Elite: Dangerous is hell. Absolutely terrifying. Not even in a classic horror sort of way, just... ugh. The idea of falling into a star is just horrifying. And black holes! Ech. I hate them. You literally can't see them at all... just a patch of black in the darkness of space, waiting to crush you into a singularity. D:

Subnautica freaks me out a little too, especially when I'm cave diving. My claustrophobia kicks in and I end up completely disoriented and lost, and then I run out of air... nope.

Oh! Also, damn Vault 22 in Fallout: New Vegas. And the fricking Sierra Madre and it's bloody ghost people! NOPE NOPE NOPE.
I really hate the bugs in Fallout 4 where you kill something or someone and they keep flopping around. It's so creepy, especially when everything is dead and you're in a wasteland.
I really hate the bugs in Fallout 4 where you kill something or someone and they keep flopping around. It's so creepy, especially when everything is dead and you're in a wasteland.
12266738.png12223394.png10712216.png9093168.png9894381.png
[quote name="@vidoxi" date=2017-04-19 14:45:30] @ Krosulhah i'm pretty sure actual hell will be listening to Johnny Guitar on loop while being poisoned by cazadores. the centaurs are just fantastically repulsive, arent they? i cant think of an enemy in a game more visually horrifying than centaurs. i think the thing that scares me the most about super mutants is their permanent rage expression lol. even after you kill them theyre still making that face. ive heard that fawkes is a great companion and i like him as a character but sheesh i dont want to look at that all the time lol (this is coming from someone who loves ghouls) i dont know if you read the previous replies but my answer to this was about the point lookout dlc + the dunwich building in 3. [/quote] I haven't managed to get sick of Johnny Guitar yet, I usually put one of my own CDs on when I play games on the computer xD Normally I don't mind that kind of thing, but there's something about the centaurs that rubs me the wrong way... Those things are horrible. I guess I have to deal with them if I'm gonna get a GECK lmao I don't mind the rage expression, it's more the green skin that weirds me out about the mutants. That, and the way they're made. And the fact they're all over the goddamn Capital Wasteland... I stay as far as I can from DC if I can help it heh I haven't got the expansions for FO3, sadly, I have all the NV ones and two from FO4 but I haven't had a chance to get the ones for 3. It worked out cheaper on Steam if I got a bundle with NV and all the DLC so I did that, but I got FO4 as a disc and FO3 with that disc as a code so I have to buy the DLC separately :c I will say though, I probably won't be playing Dead Money again xD edit: [quote name="@Charias" date=2017-04-20 09:12:27] Oh! Also, damn Vault 22 in Fallout: New Vegas. And the fricking Sierra Madre and it's bloody ghost people! NOPE NOPE NOPE. [/quote] Was that the Vault with the ghouls and the weapons or the one with the plants? I always forget which Vault's which apart from 101, 111 and 114 rip Dead Money is hell. I haven't even finished it. Dead Money is the reason I haven't touched New Vegas in months. rip
@vidoxi wrote on 2017-04-19:
@ Krosulhah i'm pretty sure actual hell will be listening to Johnny Guitar on loop while being poisoned by cazadores.

the centaurs are just fantastically repulsive, arent they? i cant think of an enemy in a game more visually horrifying than centaurs.

i think the thing that scares me the most about super mutants is their permanent rage expression lol. even after you kill them theyre still making that face. ive heard that fawkes is a great companion and i like him as a character but sheesh i dont want to look at that all the time lol (this is coming from someone who loves ghouls)

i dont know if you read the previous replies but my answer to this was about the point lookout dlc + the dunwich building in 3.

I haven't managed to get sick of Johnny Guitar yet, I usually put one of my own CDs on when I play games on the computer xD

Normally I don't mind that kind of thing, but there's something about the centaurs that rubs me the wrong way... Those things are horrible. I guess I have to deal with them if I'm gonna get a GECK lmao

I don't mind the rage expression, it's more the green skin that weirds me out about the mutants. That, and the way they're made. And the fact they're all over the goddamn Capital Wasteland... I stay as far as I can from DC if I can help it heh

I haven't got the expansions for FO3, sadly, I have all the NV ones and two from FO4 but I haven't had a chance to get the ones for 3. It worked out cheaper on Steam if I got a bundle with NV and all the DLC so I did that, but I got FO4 as a disc and FO3 with that disc as a code so I have to buy the DLC separately :c I will say though, I probably won't be playing Dead Money again xD

edit:
@Charias wrote on 2017-04-20:
Was that the Vault with the ghouls and the weapons or the one with the plants? I always forget which Vault's which apart from 101, 111 and 114 rip

Dead Money is hell. I haven't even finished it. Dead Money is the reason I haven't touched New Vegas in months. rip
cbaa17a5a06daa6a78029fcf8763b4844dd0e1a6.png .
...he/him | FR+8
@Fire lairs - please let me know
if you hatch a mint/ruby/hunter
dragon! I have a mighty need.
....OjYCOIV.png
@Krosulhah it was the one with the freaky plant people! I just hated how they'd jump out at you. Jumpscares are the bane of my existence lol. :P

Dead Money is actually one of my favourite DLCs! Though I do kinda regret when I play it before I sleep. I love the atmosphere but at the same time it is absolutely terrifying and horrible. Especially when you play on survival mode and also have to worry about starvation and all that. It's so difficult and nightmare-inducing but also great tbh. :D
@Krosulhah it was the one with the freaky plant people! I just hated how they'd jump out at you. Jumpscares are the bane of my existence lol. :P

Dead Money is actually one of my favourite DLCs! Though I do kinda regret when I play it before I sleep. I love the atmosphere but at the same time it is absolutely terrifying and horrible. Especially when you play on survival mode and also have to worry about starvation and all that. It's so difficult and nightmare-inducing but also great tbh. :D
Ugh just WATCHING people play games freaks me out. Especially games like Subnautica. I will never, ever get that game. Ever. The main focus of the game is not dying on an ocean planet, which would seem cooler under more normal circumstances, but one of my number one fears is drowning, so nope. No thank you.

The animatronics in the FNaF games also deserve a mention. Because ROBOTS AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT. It only gets creepier as the games go on. The fourth game has this really cool feature where there's literally no music and the only sound effects are heavy, mechanical breathing to kindly let you know when you're going to die. Not if. WHEN.
Ugh just WATCHING people play games freaks me out. Especially games like Subnautica. I will never, ever get that game. Ever. The main focus of the game is not dying on an ocean planet, which would seem cooler under more normal circumstances, but one of my number one fears is drowning, so nope. No thank you.

The animatronics in the FNaF games also deserve a mention. Because ROBOTS AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT. It only gets creepier as the games go on. The fourth game has this really cool feature where there's literally no music and the only sound effects are heavy, mechanical breathing to kindly let you know when you're going to die. Not if. WHEN.
20qAer5.png
Definitely Tom Nook from animal crossing... I swear he's up to something...
We all have a little darkness inside
a118e305-302c-11e7-96d2-13ef97b06e1a.gif
[quote name="SpoonsMcGeee" date=2017-04-20 10:42:47] Definitely Tom Nook from animal crossing... I swear he's up to something... [/quote] Speaking of Animal Crossing: This abomination scared me as a child: [img]http://crystal-dreams.us/Random/HHD/biskit2.png[/img] This comes from a person who collects gyroids and loves Coco and Lucky and all the other villigers generally regarded as scary. Biskit is still unnerving to me.
SpoonsMcGeee wrote on 2017-04-20:

Speaking of Animal Crossing: This abomination scared me as a child:
biskit2.png
This comes from a person who collects gyroids and loves Coco and Lucky and all the other villigers generally regarded as scary. Biskit is still unnerving to me.
I was watching someone play Skyrim and like...IDK where it was or what...But they started swimming down in this...trench? I think it was Pilgrim's Trench or something? IDK...It gave me the worst feelings of discomfort though because it looks never-ending and you can't see anything until it's RIGHT THERE. I hate that. I hate bottomless water where I can't see. The effect wasn't as bad watching but like...I just know if I tried to go down there while playing myself I wouldn't be able to. *shudders*
I was watching someone play Skyrim and like...IDK where it was or what...But they started swimming down in this...trench? I think it was Pilgrim's Trench or something? IDK...It gave me the worst feelings of discomfort though because it looks never-ending and you can't see anything until it's RIGHT THERE. I hate that. I hate bottomless water where I can't see. The effect wasn't as bad watching but like...I just know if I tried to go down there while playing myself I wouldn't be able to. *shudders*
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o3_75sq.gifYou Just gestured to all of me!tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o4_75sq.gif
I never completed Far Cry 4 because it was a mixture of everything that stressed me out. I couldn't do any of the swimming parts because the alligators, aggressive fish, and sharks. The creepy masks made me uncomfortable but when they were hidden in the torture caves and prisons I really didn't want to explore anymore. It was the last straw when it the killer was apparently "watching" the character so my paranoia got the best of me and I quit.

I never got to complete Sonic Heroes 100% because of the Rainforest section when the heroes had to (poorly) swing through the swamp while being chased by that creepy crocodile.. Why did it have to be so scarY??

After Doug Rattman was introduced and I found out about his creepy rambling easter egg I never could truly play Portal 2 without being paranoid during the quiet parts of the tests or while running around within the facility.
I never completed Far Cry 4 because it was a mixture of everything that stressed me out. I couldn't do any of the swimming parts because the alligators, aggressive fish, and sharks. The creepy masks made me uncomfortable but when they were hidden in the torture caves and prisons I really didn't want to explore anymore. It was the last straw when it the killer was apparently "watching" the character so my paranoia got the best of me and I quit.

I never got to complete Sonic Heroes 100% because of the Rainforest section when the heroes had to (poorly) swing through the swamp while being chased by that creepy crocodile.. Why did it have to be so scarY??

After Doug Rattman was introduced and I found out about his creepy rambling easter egg I never could truly play Portal 2 without being paranoid during the quiet parts of the tests or while running around within the facility.
___shop_signature_by_drangleics-dchl22i.png____ ||||R X S T A R T
21 | FEMALE | ARIES
FR +4 • Hiatus
Fungi Sage Enthusiast
Persona Q. FOEs. Ugh, I hate sneaking past them. ESPECIALLY the stupid cupid ones.
Except oddly enough, the weird bag baby ones in the third dungeon. They're not scary, for some reason. Maybe because they can only move one square at a time, or because the game warns you before they appear? Or maybe because they look so weird.
Persona Q. FOEs. Ugh, I hate sneaking past them. ESPECIALLY the stupid cupid ones.
Except oddly enough, the weird bag baby ones in the third dungeon. They're not scary, for some reason. Maybe because they can only move one square at a time, or because the game warns you before they appear? Or maybe because they look so weird.
Demiguy; He/Him or They/Them
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17